This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

42nd Sitting 31/07/2014


We sat and set the room up as usual.

At 8.30pm we started with the Rainbow Bridge exercise…

Liz found herself beside a vast expanse of brown river water and floating past was a white swan. As it went under a stone bridge it turned into a white boat full of people, it was like a flotilla and Liz went onto the stone bridge, a rampart, to watch the procession go by. On the other side was a castle and Liz felt drawn towards it but didn’t want to go in. She went up a steep path to the side of the castle full of roots from sycamore trees, as she climbed there was a rope which helped her get up above the trees where she saw a series of rainbows over the tree tops. She then found herself hopping over the rainbows. The sky was incredibly blue and she saw a pink cloud like a flamingo. She lay down on the flamingo cloud which took her further up into the blue sky, higher and higher until she was in an enormous space like a dome of light filled with stars. A figure was seated on a throne, white and golden with other figures around it. Liz felt this was like the crown centre, the counterpart of what would have been in the castle, the real king, the kingdom. She was told this was the pearly gates, a place where she belonged, a counterpart of what we have on earth. The flamingo cloud then returned Liz to the river and white swan… 

I started off in a snowy scene next to a sleigh with a couple of reindeer attached. I climbed in and they took me to a bridge then across it. It was getting warmer as we crossed and the snow was melting. The reindeer morphed into white horses and the sleigh became a cart with wheels, then as it got even hotter the horses became camels. We reached the other side which was like a dessert with many white buildings. I was greeted by several Arab gentlemen who took care of the camels as I got out the cart and walked onto the sand. I felt drawn towards a man sitting down. I found it hard to see him clearly at first then saw he was a Buddhist monk in orange robes. He had a friendly warm face and handed me a book of poems to take away with me. It was a pale blue colour with silver writing on the cover. He explained that it contained much information to help with my learning and he told me I was welcome to come back to this place any time. When I left I saw the cart and camels were now facing the other way and they took me back changing into horses and then back into reindeers and sleigh as we returned to the snowy scene…

I then did the opening prayer and saw a pin-prick light above me as I said it.
I also had pressure and tickles on my forehead.

I felt a pressure on my right side, saw a few lights to my right and got a fleeting vision of pink candy floss on the right side of my head.
(Liz’s flamingo cloud maybe?)

Liz saw moving blocks of light and horizontal shapes.
I saw a bright blob which vertical black lines each side of it.
Then I saw black blobs going from right to left.

Liz felt her right eye was covered by something.
I felt like I had a high collar round the back and sides of my head.

Liz saw an oval light in the centre of her vision.

I felt something brush past my left leg.
My right leg and foot felt fuzzy.
I felt a touch on the back of my left leg.
Then I felt vibrations under both feet which tickled.

I felt a tickle on my nose and it was looking lighter to my right.

Liz got an image of Peter Rabbit.

I felt cobwebs over my face and a pressure on the right side of my head.
Then I felt a pressure on the side of my right foot which seemed to move over and cover it.

Liz had a tickly nose.
I felt a tickle on the back of my right hand and left side of my face.

Liz was getting a tickly sensation in her throat making her cough.
She said her head was being twisted.
Then I heard a few sucking, lip-smacking noises coming from her direction and I turned the music down a bit in case she became controlled.
Liz told me she had ‘Silver’ with her, the shining one, he wanted to speak but she felt she was blocking it.
She then continued with some inspirational speaking…

‘He’s talking about clouds and silver linings… Kites, strings…’

‘I feel this great horse leaping through the sky, this journey that I realise is like the book I wrote, a white horse… You were shown the Book of Poems with the title in silver. This is Silver, this is where it comes from, and where the kites are flying, it’s drawn down the string, hold onto the string, watch the kite bobbing about in the clouds, like the lightening conductor drawing down this brilliance of light, inspiration, it comes from the shining one… All sons of the universe, they’re all the shining ones, beings of light. We act like the lightening conductors, draw down their light; penetrate the earth, that’s our purpose, so the earth is impregnated with light... This great colony of bees, this community of bees, making the nectar, taking the nectar, feeding it to the next generation’

‘It’s a bit like the snake shedding his skin, so many times, each of these is like the generations that fall away, new generation, new energies, then again the skin sheds off for a new generation. The new one continues but it’s all one being, the skin disintegrates and is absorbed into the earth, the snake keeps going, following the passage of time’

‘If I take the scales off your eyes, you will be blind if it’s done too soon, but in the fullness of time the scales will fall away and then you will see and you will be seen… There are so many that have fallen by the wayside because the time wasn’t right, it was too soon, timing is crucial’

‘And when you wake up you won’t want to sleep again, but it’s a blinding day and you have to be ready, it’s the light within us all… But my light is gentle and not to be feared, it’s the safe way, like the slow way through the generations… Peter, it’s Peter… That’s all’

Afterwards Liz said that Silver and Peter come together, she wasn’t sure if they were the same entity or both part of the same brotherhood.

I’d noticed a few bright pin-pricks above Liz while she was speaking.

Once she was back with it Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

During the healing I got the feeling the room was expanding and becoming circular like a giant silver dish with a dome on top… a bit like being in a flying saucer…