This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

43rd Sitting 14/08/2014


We were back after missing a week and had the room set up as usual.

At 8.30pm we started with the Rainbow Bridge exercise…

Liz found herself in a strange pattern of sculpted ridges on a white sand beach. She couldn’t see any bridge just the sea then noticed a wire going out and up into nowhere and it had a cart on it like a ski lift. She wanted to get in it but at the same time felt she would be going nowhere and leaving everything behind but this felt okay as it was like just letting go of everything. She got on and it took her up into the clouds above the seagulls. In the distance was a city with lots of church spires that she wanted to go to and she found herself descending through a spire of an enormous cathedral.  It had a black and white chequered flagstone floor and a man greeted her. He was elderly with a white platted beard and black square headdress. He led her through an arched wooden door, down stone steps and into a basement. It was musty, had a low ceiling and Liz saw that it was a library. One of the books had Liz’s name on it and he opened it up. It had wonderful illuminations in it and he showed Liz one of a golden brown eagle... The music was now ending; Liz wanted to stay but had to get back and was drawn back to the wire and ski lift which took her back to the beach…

I started off in a dark cave filled with stalagmites and stalactites. I wanted to get out and find a bridge but couldn’t find the exit. I was getting hot and bothered so just stood still for a while and noticed the cave moved around me and I soon found myself outside on a beach. It was very bright outside and there was a low white mist around my feet and seagulls were flying above me. I saw a small bright chromium bridge and climbed over it. As I did so the atmosphere changed to a reddish pink like a sunset and on the other side I saw elephants with young Indian boys riding them. As I approached they seemed fascinated by my presence as if they hadn’t seen someone like me before. One of them handed me a wicker basket full of white and pink marshmallows… I thanked him and took them back to my side trying not to let the ever-hungry seagulls steal them…  

I did the opening prayer…

I seemed to be very light in the room now to me.
Liz was seeing white shapes forming and moving around. They were like cotton wool.
I saw a few flickers and flashes.

My legs went suddenly cold.
I was getting a few bright blobs in the centre of my vision and I could still see them when I closed my eyes.
Liz was getting a different sensation in each eye. Her right eye was flooded with light while her left eye was dark.

I had a pressure on my forehead.
Then I got a pressure around my right ear, a bit like a tight band around it.
My stomach started gurgling and continued throughout and after our session.

Liz got the word ‘Orinoco’

My right ear now felt like it was being pulled and pinched.
I had a fuzzy feeling on the back of my left foot.

Liz got the name ‘Terry or Terrence’
She gets this name quite a bit.
I asked if he had a message but she said he was just there making himself known.

Then Liz got the name ‘Valerie’

I felt something trickling down the right side of my face.

Liz then said…

‘Jigsaw… feels like a three dimensional jigsaw… citadel, rooftops, spires, castles, places of worship, places that control’

‘It’s the thread again, the total thread, drama of dreams, weaving together, binding all these pieces. Then the picture is the city of light, the citadel is the central, the nerve centre, the centre of consciousness, the throne. We had the cross, the cross of light… This is the picture that they are building, this is the heaven on earth, it’s what we should be looking at’

‘Taliesin’

‘He’s saying this is a half-hearted attempt, shout, how can that be half hearted… shout (Liz shouted the word shout) …there’s no point shouting’

‘Cotton… I have Barbra here’

The music ended.

Liz had had several family and friends with her.

Once feeling back with it Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

This week during the healing exercise I got the sense the room was becoming a golden brown colour and we were under ground with a tree above us sprouting roots down into the room spreading out into all corners…