This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

44th Sitting 21/08/2014


We had the room set up as usual and started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz found herself amongst bluebells. It wasn’t woody, more like marshland with rivulets running through it. To her left was a wrought iron bridge which crossed a wide river and over the other side more of the same marshland and bluebells criss-crossed with rivulets. Liz then found herself amongst magnificent tall trees, possibly oaks, very majestic. She was climbing up one of them and it was almost as if the tree had embraced her and picked her up. She felt she was absorbed by it and went inside the tree. She was going up and up into the branches and was aware of a treehouse and little creatures, squirrels, mice, snails and spiders with webs full of rainbows. She then found herself in the treehouse and sensed she had to stay there. She felt overshadowed by a being and was surrounded by the little creatures. The lesson was to look into all these little creatures and be one with them, it was like a miracle, she was looking at the fine detail and in the fine detail there were the rainbows of light, things we’ve seen in heaven, this was another form of it. She felt she had to learn something from all these different creatures, their ways and dimensions. Liz returned by swinging down a wire that went through the trees. She was aware that these little creatures were elemental beings and as she got back to the bluebells she saw fairies everywhere. Liz felt this was the dimension that was caring for the earth and it was important to relate to it…

I started off alone in a theatre looking up at the closed curtains which opened to reveal an empty stage with a very detailed back-drop. I climbed up onto the stage to get a better look at the back-drop then found myself walking into it. It felt very disorientating and took a while to focus on anything in my new surroundings, everything appeared two dimensional. I then found myself on a fast moving river sitting on a chair moving towards a waterfall which I went over landing in another river and ahead of me was a bridge. As I went under the bridge I reached up and pulled myself up onto it as the chair continued on down the river. Walking over the bridge I saw some Zulus standing in the distance as if waiting for me. They looked a bit threatening but as I got closer I felt they were kind and they told me they were really only actors, one worked in a bank and the other in the local chip shop. I was wondering how I would return when one of them said that’s not a problem, they get people like me passing through all the time and I was to just close my eyes and count to three. I felt his hand on my forehead and as I reached three I opened my eyes and found myself back in the theatre looking up at the closed curtains… maybe it had all been just a dream?   

I then did our opening prayer and put the music back on.

I felt a strong pressure on my forehead which had built up during the opening prayer.
My ears suddenly popped like when going up in a plane.

I was getting impressions of my Grandmother and two uncles.

It got very cold around my legs.  

I had a few touches around my right ear and could hear a dim hissing/whistling sound.
It seemed to be coming from inside my right ear.
My right side was feeling fuzzy/tingly.
I felt a pulsing in my lips.

It was looking lighter to my right.
It felt like my right leg had something vibrating inside it.
I felt a tingling in my right shoulder.

Liz had been quiet since we started.
She told me she had felt awake and asleep at the same time. Her mind was awake and aware of the music playing but her body felt asleep.

The room was now looking lighter all over to me.

My right side was feeling fuzzy again particularly in my hip.
I felt a touch on my right foot.
Then I felt the fuzzy feeling on my left arm.

Liz had drifted off again and came back during the last song to impart her experiences…

‘Seamless… Without a seam, the two realities… Crows, flocks of ravens and crows… Just glad to be here, there was a message, there was a postman, it’s my father’s name on the envelope… I had the sensation that over the land the birds, flocks of birds and then the sea lions under the ice, streaming along… The various habitats, the elements, each at home, in its element and seamless, the realities, one. They blend under a sheet, a seamless sheet of reality… Streamlined…’

The music CD ended.

Liz was back with it but couldn’t feel her hands for a while.

She then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

This week when Liz began the healing the room seemed to change to blue and become wavy. It felt to me like we were under water and I could see light streaming in from above…