This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

41st Sitting 23/07/2014


We sat on Wednesday this week.
The room was set up as usual.
We noticed a moth on the wall just before turning the lights out. It was very welcome to join us but we acknowledged that it could be the cause of any buzzing/fluttering phenomena around the ears tonight!!!

At 8.30pm we did the Rainbow Bridge Exercise.

…Liz found herself in a bed of wild tulips by a lake and to her left was an earth bridge. It was like the lake was divided in two by a tract of land covered in grass. She walked across it and on the other side was dense dark woodland. She was drawn to go in and saw rainbows everywhere, then came to a dappled clearing where there were deer and lots of fairy like creatures and mushrooms. In the middle of the clearing was what appeared to be a vertical column of energy. Liz stepped into it and was taken upwards, she was aware of hands reaching down to draw her up and saw  angels playing harps, beings of light, neither male or female, amorphous, gold and white. They told her these clearings in the woods were very special places (Liz had made a clearing in her own woods) places of power, places where we find heaven on earth, where they can come through and draw close to the earth. These were the ‘Lordly Ones’ from the song. Liz then felt herself being lowered down and found herself back with the wild tulips…

…I started off walking out of a cave to find the start of a railway track with an open truck on it. I climbed into the truck which then began to move along the track towards a bridge and continued over the bridge. The colour of the atmosphere kept changing from a grey to blue, green, red and yellow. It was getting brighter and more colourful. The other side looked tropical with lots of sand, palm trees, colourful birds and kangaroos. The truck kept going taking me to another cave. It was a huge clear crystal cave and the truck stopped at the opening. I got out and entered the cave which appeared to be alive, I could hear it breathing and felt it expanding and contracting. Once inside I sat on a crystal seat. I could see the outside light entering the cave through the clear crystal walls and felt myself filling with energy as I sat there. When it was time to go I returned to the truck which sped me back and I fell out as it stopped sharply…

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

It started to look lighter in my peripheral vision.
I felt touches and pressure around my right ear.
My right leg felt fuzzy.

I had a strong pressure on my nose and it became blocked.
There were bright blobs in front of my eyes.

I felt light touches on my left ear.

I had a sensation something was covering my right eye which lasted about two minutes.

I had a vision of a giant green ant standing up on its back legs.
It made me think of the alien characters in the old Cadburys Smash adverts!!!

Liz had tickles in her hair.
She saw lots of little black shapes in the room making her think of ‘paw prints in the dark’
(This phrase had been used last Monday)

We both experienced a cool breeze coming from our right as if it was circling the room clockwise.

I had fuzzy feelings on my left arm and right leg.
I saw a cartoon face with large teeth laughing.
Then I saw pin-pricks coming up from the floor and white wispy bits spinning around in the centre of the room.

I felt a tug on the left sleeve of my tee-shirt then saw a fleeting glow from that area.
I felt cobwebs on my face and a light touch on my left leg.
It felt like my hair was being twisted and pulled.

I had a tickle under my right foot, a light touch on my left arm and a fuzzy feeling on my right arm.

I experienced a strange buzzing feeling on the back of my neck, then I drifted off for a few seconds and experienced looking at myself with someone else and we saw something coming out the back of my neck, it made me think of toast popping out of a toaster.
Then I found myself floating around the room with a large test tube in my hand. I was catching shafts of energy in the test tube and then putting a stopper in the end.

Liz was getting… ‘Pearly gates… This is heaven on earth… Contrast with pearly gates and the Pearl Harbour attacks… It’s the same energy… Like the energy that gets you to the pearly gates can also create something like Pearl Harbour… It’s a choice… A balance between right and left’

I was seeing steps leading up to a white door.

Liz then got… ‘Testing, testing…’ She felt a creeping over her head. She asked ‘If you’re testing me give me some words’ she then got… ‘Explosion’

I heard a noise to my right. Liz didn’t hear it and it wasn’t picked up on the recorder.

I had a sense of someone with me, a kind of a cockney character. He told me he comes into the room after we’ve gone to rearrange the energies for our next sitting. He said our two sittings each week need different energies and he has what we would perceive as crystals that he puts in different places depending on the type of energy required for each sitting. Whereas I rearrange the physical apparatus in the room he takes care of the energies from his side. I told him he was welcome to speak through me if possible but he said the energies in this sitting were not conducive for trance communication through me at the moment.

The music had ended and Liz then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.
While she was sending out healing I got the feeling we were sitting outside in a clearing in the woods. There was a large circle of us sitting round a fire and appeared to be a large dome of light over us.

It’s now a year since we started the Mercury Experiment. Neither of us is quite sure where it’s heading. It seems to be more phenomena that is developing in this group along with our own internal visions and experiences whereas the Mercury Light Circle is getting more communications each week. Both sittings are interesting and enjoyable for both of us and we look forward to future developments and as always sit with no expectations leaving our non-physical friends and energies to work with us in whatever way they feel most beneficial.
As we were discussing this Liz got the feeling of flames…