This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

28th Sitting 27/03/2014


Liz was feeling better this week.
We had everything set up as usual except we decided as an experiment to remove all luminous tabs so we were now sitting in total darkness.

We started with our Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz began on a river bank watching boats going past. She couldn’t see the other side as it was in a mist. Liz felt she wanted to stay on this side and was blocked from going over but at the same time felt she was being called to go over as if invisible hands were reaching out to pull her over. The bridge was suspended and made from wrought iron. As Liz walked across, the other side became mushy, undefined and marsh mellow like with rainbows coming out of it. As she got closer she saw wonderful colours, very unusual and different colours like jewels, quite magical like an enchanted forest path. Liz met a lady with blonde hair who greeted her. There was a door but Liz felt she needed healing and cleansing first as she wasn’t quite prepared. She felt she was made welcome and could go there when she was ready but now didn’t feel right…

I started off on a pebble beach which felt uncomfortable under bare feet. I couldn’t see the other side as it was misty but I saw the odd pin-prick light in the mist which I thought at the time may be lights on boats. I started over the bridge which was narrow. I could reach both hand rails at the same time. It became brighter, the mist cleared and I saw rainbows as I walked across. I noticed birds flying above me. At first just white gulls then there were tropical birds of many colours. By now the sun was shining brightly. I met a white robed monk who didn’t speak but just held his hands out to me and I put my hands in his. He then let go and pointed to the other side where I saw a wonderful landscape made up of colourful jewels sparkling in the sunshine. I realised this was what was making the pin-prick lights that I had seen in the mist from my side. Before leaving the monk gave me something which I couldn’t discern properly. It was something like a piece of rope or a belt?…

Our visualisations had many similarities again. We both couldn’t see the other side due to mist; we both had hands reach out to us, we each met one person who didn’t speak and we saw coloured jewels and rainbows.
I didn’t think of it at the time but I’ve since realised that what I saw was possibly a kind of metaphor for me as for some time now I have seen pin-pricks during my daily life, usually when I’m thinking about spiritual things. Maybe they were giving me a glimpse of the source of these pin-pricks?

I did the opening prayer and then put the music back on.

It was getting very cold in front of my legs.
We both thought the room had gone darker.
Liz saw lots of shapes and blotches moving around the room.
I thought it looked blotchy too.

Liz had a sensation of the space distorting, becoming circular like a gold fish bowl and visual patterns like streams going round.
She sensed flowing energy streaming through the room.
I had a sense of hexagonal shapes like honeycomb and I was aware of much movement in the room.

Liz had a tickle in her hair.
My legs were very cold like there was a cold breeze in front of them.
Liz saw a pyramid shape blob in front of her.
When she said that I too briefly saw a pyramid shape in front of me and it seemed to be glowing on the top, a bit like snow on a mountain.

I had a tickle in my left ear and on the back of my left hand.
My legs felt fuzzy.
I had a big bright blob in front of me.
My nose was getting blocked.

The room was looking darker again to me and I noticed a reddish colour to my right.
Liz also noticed the reddish colour which was to her left and she then saw it slowly move to her right.
Liz then got a blue glowing shape in the centre of her vision.
I thought the centre of the room was getting brighter.

I had a fuzzy touch on my right arm and a tickle on the back of my right leg.
There were lots of blobs which seemed to be close to my eyes and a bluish colour.

Liz saw some fleeting lights go past, right to left.

A click came out on the recording which neither of us heard at the time…


I saw a white misty light to my right.
Liz had a blob to her left which developed into round swirls like bunches of grapes.
Then in front and to the right of her she saw what looked like a curly haired wig or sheep’s wool.

I had a strong fuzzy feeling on my right ankle and it felt like something was wrapping itself around it.
It now looked dark and felt very cold to my right.

Liz saw what looked like coconut matting and diamond shapes at the bottom of her field of vision.
I was now freezing cold. It was like the cold was going through me from right to left.
Liz was also very cold.
I felt something in my hair.
I saw a pin-prick light to my right and felt a touch on my right arm.
Then I felt something in my hair again.

We paused the music for two minutes and listened out for any noises.

We heard nothing in the room and I put the music back on.

My stomach was making rumbling noises and I now had a big bright blob in front of me.
I got a strong taste in my mouth and my lips became very cold.
The taste went but returned about five minutes later.
It was very cold in front of me.

The last two tunes came on which are both instrumentals (Ensemble Accentus - Si verias and Beethoven-Moonlight Sonata) we normally both drift off during these but this week I found myself being controlled. I remained aware but in a slightly altered state.
I got the strong taste in my mouth again and noticed it seemed to be coming from the roof of my mouth and not up from my throat. It was different to what I experience in the cabinet on Mondays in the Mercury Light Circle when I feel stuff building up in my throat.
My arms were moved up in front of me and cupped like they were holding a ball. Then my hands were held together as if in prayer.
My breathing was slow and controlled. There was a soft gurgling sound as I slowly breathed out and my breath felt very hot against my hands. I didn’t feel they wanted to speak at this point; they were just experimenting with me.
I was held very still and it felt like there was a tall collar around the back and sides of my neck stopping my head moving.
Then all the sensations and taste left me just as the music came to an end.
It’s difficult to describe the taste. The best I can think of is a kind of sulphur egg taste but it wasn’t unpleasant. Some mediums I’ve sat with in the past have mentioned a metallic taste in their mouth but I wouldn’t say this was metallic.

During this time Liz had been aware of somebody she knew in the room.

Liz then did the healing exercise, the closing prayer and our closing down exercise…