This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

29th Sitting 11/04/2014


We were back with the Mercury Experiment this week after one week off as last week we had a ‘Liz in the cabinet’ sit instead.

We set up the room as usual and continued to sit without any luminous tabs in the room like we had last time. We both feel luminosity in the room interferes when trying to discern visual phenomena and will continue to sit without it until such a time as we get communication asking us to replace it.

At 8.30pm we started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise.

Liz started off by a lake covered in water lilies with lots of flowers and shrubs around it. Liz could see an island in the middle of the lake and an ornamental wrought iron bridge which led to it. She crossed the bridge to the island where she saw a pagoda, like a temple. There were ladies with children blowing bubbles and one lady came out of the temple towards Liz. She had a large square shaped headdress and led Liz through the temple to a court yard. At the back was a very old man who looked Indian with a turban on his head. He was half naked wearing a loin cloth and invited Liz to sit down. He gave Liz a snake skin saying the significance was that she would shed many skins; this was part of the process. He then gave her an amulet to wear which was a shark’s tooth saying this was for courage. He was very warm and reassuring and Liz felt he was part of our team. He bid her farewell and Liz borrowed a parasol from one of the ladies to fly back to her side…

I started on a warm dry sandy beach. I couldn’t see across to the other side as it was too distant. All I could make out was a streak of brilliant white along the horizon. The bridge was narrow and a bit flimsy. It seemed to be swaying side to side as I made my way over it. Then I met a very large, tall American Indian. He was bare chested and had a full feather headdress that went down both sides of him. I felt he was a member of our team and he gave me a feather from his headdress saying ‘peace’ and went on to say I must trust the them (the team) not to worry as they’ve got it all in hand. All we need to do it let what happens happen and he was very reassuring. I then thanked him and returned to my side…

Interestingly we both met someone we felt was part of our team who gave us something and we got a reassuring message from them…

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

It now looked lighter in the room to me.
Liz felt like there was someone in front of her.
I had a pressure on my forehead and was very yawny.
Liz felt touches in her hair.

It was now looking lighter to my left.
I was getting touches in my hair and also a tickly feeling down the right side of my face.
I had a bright blob in front of me.
Liz reported fizzy flashes.
I saw various lines of light coming and going which seemed to be forming a V shape.
Liz saw this as well but described it as branches of a tree.

Liz was now seeing round shapes moving around the room.
We both reported a lot of activity and movement in the room like fleeting dim torch lights.
Liz had a pressure on her forehead.
It was now looking lighter and misty to my right and felt cold in front of my legs.

Liz was seeing the V shape again but she now perceived it as a pair of giant wings.
I felt a breeze in front of my legs and a few seconds later Liz also noticed a breeze in front of her legs.

I felt a tickle on the toes of my right foot, my legs felt fuzzy and I felt a tug on my left trouser leg.
Then I felt a fuzzy tickle under my right foot.
I was still getting tickly sensations down the sides of my face.

Liz was getting hot.
My legs were getting warm and my nose was becoming blocked.

Liz thought the atmosphere felt dense and looked dark but she was aware of vague large shapes, impressions, blobs and lines.
We both thought the room looked grainy.
I was aware of white wispy bits coming from the sides of my vision.
I felt a touch on the front of my right leg and then a breeze over my feet coming from my right.

Liz was getting the impression of an owl and began to get overshadowed by it feeling she was flying over planes.

We got to the point on the music CD where we pause the music for two minutes and sit in silence listening for sounds…

As we sat in silence my vision was filled with a bright blob.
I heard a couple of faint clicks in front of me and Liz was getting a few clicks in her ears.

I put the music back on.
We both sensed the atmosphere getting thicker and denser again.

I had a prickly feeling in both hands.

Liz got the impression of a half moon and then a walrus moustache.
Then she saw an old Viking with a large walrus moustache smiling at her which made her think of a friend she’d known many years ago called Treebeard. She saw him by the healing book and in her mind she was talking to him. She had nursed him when he was very ill and she felt he was in need of light and healing now so sent it out to him.

I had drifted off a couple of times during the last couple of tunes and at one point woke up feeling like an egg was coming up my throat into my mouth which made me feel sick for a few seconds until the feeling left me.
I also got a vision of somebody closing a window in the wall behind where Liz was sat.

The music CD came to an end and Liz did the healing exercise then the closing prayer and our closing down exercise…