This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

27th Sitting 20/03/2014


We had the room set up as normal.
Liz was still a little under the weather with a tickly cough.
The luminous tabs were a bit brighter this week which we found a bit of a hindrance when trying to see phenomena and may next week experiment with no luminosity in the room.

As always we kicked off with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz started off visualizing a rainbow and then she was in a meadow full of wild flowers like daisies and harebells. There were also children, lambs and goats in the meadow. Liz then found herself by a large shallow lake or stream with a wooden bridge going over it. She was holding the hands of some of the children and had a white goat with her. They all started walking over the bridge which was wide, wooden with very shallow sides painted a green pea blue colour. Half way across she came up to a large glass lift or elevator. It went straight up instead of across and they all got in. It went up into and above the clouds to a white shimmering place with a large golden palace or temple. It had a court yard with fountains and harps everywhere. There was wonderful music playing and it was just a wonderful harmonious place to be in and nice to know they could go and be there. Liz thought about changing the goat into a unicorn and flying back but decided instead to come back the same way she got there…

I started off sitting on a large grey rock. I climbed down to walk towards the river and bridge and sensed there was a cave behind me but didn’t look round to see. I had to negotiate several rocks and when I touched one of them it moved and I realized they were all made of something like polystyrene and weren’t real. The bridge was wooden and unpainted. As I walked across I passed several white horses going the other way and some were pulling carriages with what looked like Victorian ladies on board. The bridge then turned into a Victorian street and I carried on walking looking at the old buildings and I noticed several boys running around looking like they’d come out of the musical Oliver. There was a beggar sitting at the side of the street and I threw him some coins from my pocket which I saw were old pennies and ha’pennies. I knew the tune was ending and wondered how I might get back. Then when I turned round and looked behind me I saw that the street had morphed back into the bridge so I just had to walk back to my side again…

This week we had both seen our bridge turn into something unusual and neither of us communicated with anyone we just observed…

I’d had a strong pressure on my forehead while doing the Rainbow Bridge exercise and now felt light headed.

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

Liz suddenly felt hot.

It felt cool and breezy around my legs.   
I felt light touches on the back of my right hand.
I could see lots of movement in the room. It looked bright and blobby with darker shapes moving about.

I had a pulsating feeling in my right arm between elbow and wrist. I felt pins and needles in my right hand.
I suddenly got very cold down my right side.
Liz suddenly felt very cold round her legs.

I now had a throbbing feeling in the fingers of my right hand.
I saw a bright blue blob in front of my eyes, more to the right, and a pressure around my right ear.

It was now very cold down the front of my legs.
I noticed an earthy smell which lasted a few seconds.
I felt something around my right ear. It was similar to the feeling I get in the cabinet.

Liz said it was as if a light had been turned out and went suddenly dim.

I saw a black shadow move from left to right.
There were a few dim shooting stars to my left.
The room looked very dark to me.

We both heard a click which came from the direction of the empty seat to my left and Liz’s right. It sounded like it was in the room and not a noise from next door.
The click came out on the recording. It sounds different on the recording to the click we had last week which neither of us heard at the time.


The room now looked lighter to me with a light mist on the ceiling.
It got very cold in front of my legs again.
I could feel something trickling down the left side of my face.

I felt a tickle on my left foot then on the back of my right leg.
My nose was getting blocked.

I had the feeling I was getting smaller, or my chair and the room was getting bigger.
I felt tickles on my left foot again.

We both thought the room had gone dark.

I got a smell like a phosphorus match striking.
Liz got the smell as well.

I had a feathery touch on the back of my right hand.
I suddenly got very cold.

This week instead of doing our Cross Experiment we paused the music for about two minutes and sat quiet allowing our spirit friends to produce any sounds…

I heard two very quiet clicks to my right but Liz didn’t hear them and nothing was picked up by the recorder. I also saw a massive bright blob build up in front of me while we sat listening.

We will continue to do this for the next few weeks unless instructed otherwise.

Liz had a sensation of being a slice in a long series going before and after, a time sequence. She tried to hold onto this slice but had a sense of being smeared out. She tried to bring into a sharp focus just this slice but had the feeling of being three or four dimensional, the time before and after.

I got a feathery touch on my left cheek. It got my attention and felt very physical.
I was very cold again.

I fell asleep a few times during the last two tunes and had some dreams that I couldn’t remember afterwards.

Liz also drifted off a little and found herself thinking about friends and family who had passed.

Once the tunes had ended Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…

Liz continues to set up her fluxgate magnetometer in the room above our séance room and this week readings were picked up which coincided with our healing exercise. We have had readings which correspond to phenomena happening in the room in both our sittings in the past but it’s so far not been consistent so although we keep records we’ve put it down to chance or other outside conditions being recorded. This is now the third time it has happened during the healing exercise in our Thursday group so there is a good chance the healing Liz is sending out is being recorded by the magnetometer…