This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

26th Sitting 13/03/2014


We sat as usual with the addition of lemon and salt in the room as we do with our Monday sits. I decided to do this after I got a strong image of a lemon whilst sitting last week.
Also after forgetting to charge up the luminous tabs on the ping-pong balls and table last week we found it a lot better with them glowing dimly instead of the ‘Blackpool Illuminations’ effect we normally get so again I left the luminous tabs uncharged.

As always we started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

This week Liz found herself in a place that she recognized and has been to many times. She was on the shore opposite Holy Island. A rainbow was going across towards the island. She then saw a long white concave bridge with criss-cross white railings and found she was crossing it in leaps and bounds eager to get to the island as if there was no gravity. There seemed to be rainbows everywhere in the mountains on the island which seemed to transpose itself into Nepal and Tibet. Somebody Liz knew who was connected with the island was waiting for her and introduced her to a crowd of people she knew who had passed and she also saw Joan waving to her at the back. She felt reassurance from these people that they were all there working with us and the physical connection Liz had with the island was very important to us…

I started off among tall bamboo plants and it was very hot. I came out onto a shore and saw the bridge which was made out of grey Lego bricks!!! I walked over it with bare feet and could feel the dimpled surface. The bridge was swaying from side to side making me feel giddy. I had the feeling my dad (who is still on this side) was with me, though I didn’t see him. When I saw the other side it looked like a painting and I recognised it as the style of painting my gran (my dad’s mum) used to do. Then I saw my gran walking towards me and she was holding her brushes, paints and pallet. She told me she had indeed painted the scene I could see and gave me the paints saying I could use them in my development. She reminded me of when she’d come through at a Dave Thompson séance and then said... ‘I told you you could develop this...’ She was very reassuring about our circle’s development and I returned to my side clutching the paints, brushes and pallet…

Once again a similarity occurred between our two visualizations as we were both given reassurance about our circles from people we knew…

I was now feeling quite light headed and floaty, a feeling that stayed with me for most of the sitting.

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

The room looked very light and misty to me.

Liz felt cool around her face.
She saw white blobs to her right and it was getting colder to her right.

The room was now looking pink to me and bright each side of me.
I was cold all over, particularly around my waist.
I felt a few touches on the back of my neck.
My nose was feeling blocked.

Liz saw a young female face.
She got the name Barbra and the impression of a colourfully embroidered lace hanky.

I got the impression of three greyhound dogs, black, brown and beige.
I felt a touch in my hair.

We both thought the room had gone very dark.
Liz then thought it was filling with a cloud of bluish fog, with movement within it like reflections in water.
I saw a colourless blob in the centre of the room and that did look a bit like reflections in water.

Liz had a feeling like vertigo in her abdomen.
Then she said the room went dark and the feeling left her.

We both reported a yellow colour in the room.
Liz thought it looked fluffy like an Easter chick!!!

I felt cobwebs over my face and touches in my hair.
Liz was cold down the left side of her face.
I felt cold to my right and had a touch on my right knee.
I had a pressure on my face and felt like someone was close.
It felt like something was holding my hands still. I had them held together on my lap and if I tried to lift them up it was like a magnetic field was holding them down.
The feeling spread to my whole body and for about ten minutes I felt I couldn’t move.
Then the feeling suddenly left me.

Liz got the name Terrence.

The American/Indian tune came on and we once again attempted our ‘Cross Experiment’

Liz got a wrought iron cross, rounded at the bottom, which then changed to a more shinning, sparkling dark grey iron cross. Then she saw a plain flat cross in gold.

I saw a flat black cross coming out of a mist then saw a person standing with their arms out, making the shape of a cross. It then became blobby and misty and I saw an arm reaching out of the mist holding a wooden cross roughly made from two branches.

I felt like my nose was running.
I could see lots of small lights darting around the room.
Liz thought the room looked a violet colour.
She had an irritation in her sinuses.
I felt a touch on my right foot.

Liz saw light to her right.
She thought the luminous tabs were moving on the table but when we put the light on at the end all ping-pong balls were still in their places.
I could see bright blobs moving about on the table.

A tap came out on the recording as if something touched the recorder. Niether of us heard it at the time. We do get noises sometimes from next door but these come out sounding muffled. This tap is quite clear…





As the music came to an end Liz reported a flash above the table that made her jump.
Then I saw a flash above the table a few seconds afterwards.

Liz then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…