This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

238th Sitting 11/03/2021


We had a Zoom meeting.


Liz was wired to the Mind Mirror EEG and I tuned in as Liz did the opening prayer.


I felt myself being controlled and the communication began...


‘The way you think alters how you perceive, the way you understand alters how you perceive but you yourself have your way of understanding, your way of bringing information into your mind. Each person is unique, thousands, millions, billions of minds working together in a physical world, a physical landscape mapped out for each and every one of you. Some of you have recognised the importance of using your physical life to build up within yourself a better understanding of yourself, of your world and of life itself. Many still live blindly, go about their daily routines in a hap hazard way but they too are learning, they are experiencing life and by experiencing life you build up within yourself a certain knowledge, something that you can hold on to and develop. You do not need to know all the answers, you merely need to live. Life in a physical world has so much more opportunity. Part of you is living that physical life and part of you is watching yourself. You do not need to know this for your purpose is to live a physical life’


‘The moment you are born you begin to build up within yourself an understanding at your level. Nothing can alter that except for your living experience, you are teaching yourself by observing others and by observing life. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Those that share your life, those that live with you, your friends, your relations, they too are living their lives, bringing life into the physical world that you all are a part of’


‘The older you get in a physical world the more tired you become for things have become familiar and you feel there is no more to discover. You see the young children of your world with fresh expressions on their faces for they are about to discover physical life in all its forms. You have much you can give to others, you can help others, you can help them to learn, you can help them to teach themselves. You may have lived your physical life and they may be beginning but you can help them, you can work with them and together a friendship will develop that will create more understanding. Reach out and touch each human being for they are also looking for answers, they have developed their own understanding. Each person in your world...’


For some reason the communication stopped and I lost the connection.


Liz then tuned in to see what she could get...


‘I saw a white-haired gentleman; it was the white hair that got to me, grandfather age and I immediately got Clive Dunn. It's that butchers shop image. Just connecting me with the war, with that period. Getting the name Charles. It's this profusion of white hair and I'm getting a connection with a commercial vehicle, I wanted to turn it into a milk cart or something. A vehicle that was being driven around but not just a car but for carrying things’


Me... ‘Is it a modern vehicle or an old vehicle?’


‘It’s got a cage around it and it’s painted. There's a car part at the front and this lorry part at the back. It's not very big, about the size of a milk cart. When I try to connect with a relationship, I get a knowing, a neighbour, a friend of the family. Something makes me think it’s your grandfather’s age but this feels more local, I get the feeling it’s connected with your mum’s father. Someone is showing me balloons and things connected with family parties, birthday parties, somebody who was present, seeing him wearing a paper hat. This person feels as though he was very humorous, very funny. He’s just giving me a sense of gin. He’s saying why can’t I just be an uncle. Just got a feeling of a tooth pick, he used a tooth pick and he had hearing aids in his ears. He's connected with a grocery store. I seeing old fashioned dust bins and lids, banging the lids down on these dustbins. He's giving me the sense of railway train lines or tram lines. He was around you when you were small, around the area where you lived’


Me... ‘I can’t place him at the moment’


‘Why he reminds me of Clive Dunn is the connection with Dad’s Army and the war, somebody connected with the home guard, that sort of period. He was there during the bombing of Eastbourne, this area’


‘Balloons seem to be important because he’s brought me back to balloons. I’ve got a sense of bee’s wax, furniture polishing, which takes me to church. I think this gentleman just wanted to be remembered, he’s given me the number 61, don’t know if that means anything’


Me... ‘It’s not ringing any bells at the moment’


‘For some reason when you said ringing bells it connected me with girls with pigtails, their hair in plats’


‘When I’m asking him to give you something you can recognise, he’s giving me a lime tree, one of those trees they plant, avenues of them. And an antique car, early old fashioned with a foldable hood and brass mountings, First World War type, really early vehicle. The sort they use for processions and bring out for special occasions. Reminds me of the things you saw at the Queen’s coronation. Got the word Daimler’


‘Just giving me the sense of a very normal life like you might have experienced when you were very little, crossing the road, zebra crossings, school crossings. I'm seeing him standing dressed up in the gear, holding a sign on a zebra crossing’


Me... ‘Like a lollypop man’


‘Yes... he’s giving me the sense that this was a man who liked being around small children, a sort of grandfatherly type, uncular, that was in the neighbourhood’


‘Just got a name, Mr Chapman’


Me... ‘Still none the wiser at the moment’


‘Okay, better say thank you’


‘Just got a sense of a lady coming forward with short dark hair, going grey, steely grey, in her 50s I think. She's wearing a flowery wrap over dress, like an old overall that people used to wear but could be a dress. She's quite thin and wiry, she’s wearing lipstick and showing me a smart black handbag. I feel this lady was a fastidious house-proud person, she liked to look smart when she went out to do the shopping, I don’t think she had a job as such. I feel she had trouble with her teeth. It's almost like there’s two sides to her, she was quite split somehow, two different people. There was some deep unhappiness, a sense of frustration, she didn’t feel fulfilled. She's saying the word Christian, she saw herself as being a Christian. She was raised a Christian. She smoked but she didn’t particularly like it, it was an unhappiness, it bred unhappiness in her, it made her feel that she was dirty somehow, that she wasn’t good enough. She's saying you don’t know what it’s like to have it constantly rubbed in your face and you can’t be just who you are, you’ve got to pretend to be someone else. She’s feeling she had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the world and she didn’t feel very comfortable, all these rules and everything. Got the name Sylvia. She’s mentioning fishes, fish pond. It's like she’s standing at a distance just watching, observing what’s going on. She’s saying this sort of stuff would make her cringe. I don’t know what stir crazy means?’


Me... ‘That’s something about being in prison, isn’t it?’


‘I’m not sure, it brought to my mind someone stirring a pot crazily, ha, ha... But that’s how she felt. It's like she’s worried about her hair, she wants to put slides in it or something to hold it back. She feels plain, not very beautiful. She tried to be a good girl but nothing was good enough, I don’t know why I wasted my life trying to be a good girl, it’s almost like there’s a bit of a hollow laugh there, she’s just coming to terms with it. I feel she would like to get out a cigarette and have a puff because it was that sort of nervous activity that would fill that nagging empty space, it made her feel mean, made her feel niggled, wanting to quibble about things, dissatisfaction, like wanting to nibble at biscuits, anything to take the edge off. She says I couldn’t stand being with myself, I knew there was love around me but I couldn’t really accept it, I couldn’t really open myself to it, I was just locked in. It was nice being able to go out and put a bright face on things, it would take the edge off for a bit. She enjoyed the park and nature but she always felt she had to do her duty but quite what her duty was, it was important to be terribly clean. It's almost like there was a scream inside her, sometimes all the lovely flowers and things she could have just torn them up, she just wanted to let out this big scream. I think she can see now, it’s like she’s just observing and she knows there are good people out there and she knows she’s alright. It's like she was two people and now she’s the person that she should be or can be, I’m going to say to her thank you’ 


‘She’s just put into my head the Rheidol Valley which is in Wales, a Welsh connection. I’m just seeing around my left wrist a gold bracelet, chain link bracelet. She’s taking me back to teeth, worried about teeth. I’m going to ask for healing for you. Another name popped into my head, Margery. I’m feeling this lady was a grandmother, there was some fondness for the grandchildren, seeing two girls. I’m going to say thank you to her, love and blessings to her and I hope you get that dark place in you filled with light now, we send you all of light and know there are healers in spirit, there’s plenty of help and support and I know you’re going to be fine and all that unhappiness can be shed, you can see it for what it was and be yourself again, love and blessing, thank you for making your appearance’


I then did the closing prayer, sent out healing and did our closing down exercise...