This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

181st Sitting 05/10/2018


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.05pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We did the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise then continued into the session...

About 30 minutes after the opening prayer Liz began to speak...

‘I had a field of daisies earlier... I think it was a field of daisies for the dead celebrating each one like a star... and I thought of our Daisy’

‘Just got an image of a step ladder’

Me... ‘I’ve been standing on one of those a lot recently’

‘Green hedges... makes me feel there’s a lot of crowding in of people’

‘For some reason I've got lily of the valley...’

Me... ‘That’s one of Freddie’s songs’

‘Is it? I don’t think I've ever heard that... now I’ve got an image of Johnson’s Baby Powder... I'm seeing lots of bicycles...’

Me... ‘Ha, ha, that’s another Freddie song, I want to ride my bicycle’

‘Oh...’

I then saw a small light flash on and off to my left on the floor where the music CD player was.

‘Just had an image of chains, links...’

‘I think I have Travis, I get the feeling of how much he enjoyed the wedding, and then the grandchildren, he loved the family, I'm just getting that feeling of how much he enjoyed it, how much he appreciated it and all that love is still there’

Me... ‘Who’s wedding was that?’

‘I remember Daisy was over here for a wedding and it just made me think of it, I got an image of serviettes with ornate patterns around the edge like silver, very delicate and it just made me think of wedding decorations’

‘I see this yacht with a gold and white sail and it’s just forging out on a deep blue sea, a sense of incredible freedom. This yacht is the individual, going out on this great adventure into spirit, the sea of spirit, into the afterlife. It's a very dominant image, this golden sail catching the light, allowing itself to be led, allowing the winds of spirit to guide it, the perfect trust and harmony, poised between Heaven and Earth, the sail carrying it forward and the lone yachtsman, no fear but just the great sense of liberation and joy and delight. This is the straight path, the way forward beyond death’

‘It’s an amazing thing that every soul, every person makes the same transitions, the same journey alone, comes into the world a new being, makes that transition, that entry alone. But there are those there ready to receive, mother, father but the new child makes that entrance alone, the decision to be born and at death that same entity, that same child now grown sets out on a new journey, a transition and crosses from this physical life into the new adventure beyond the physical. Alone coming into the world and alone going out but like the child being born you can have the confidence that there are those midwives of the spirit world waiting to receive that entity who has made the passage successfully. Dying is being born anew’

‘That recognition of aloneness, that acknowledgement of one's own soul, soul as in spirit and soul as in unique and one alone is very important for the individual for all the archetypes, the hero travels alone on an adventure, on a journey and that ability to claim one’s own creative power and that individuality. The opportunity is unique in the human world, so few grasp that opportunity, to take complete charge of their own soul, to acknowledge and stand true and firm in their uniqueness and their aloneness. We fear to be alone but that fear is also a conditioning. A true soul who has claimed their individuality understands the togetherness of all individuals, of all points of light, the interconnectedness, the conundrum of being separate and together, of being one and many, but to allow the experience of the truth one has to claim that individuality and to experience through that the depth and the height of one’s being’

‘When we deny ourselves out of fear and become like shadows, partial fear, living in the shadow of others, afraid to make our own choices, our own decisions, afraid to shine in our own light, seeking always the approval of others, sharing their views without ever assessing the truth or the true perspective in their view, being a sheep rather than a shepherd, when we take that limited path, that partial living we deny ourselves the opportunity to achieve our full potential as human. The full potential of our incarnation into human form can only be realised when we accept our aloneness as an entity entering the world alone on a journey in a solo yacht and leaving alone to enter other land and territory. An adventurer and explorer, a resident of many realms, a traveller, a unique, an absolute individual. But as all the stars in the sky are held in a matrix of the universe, of universal energy, our emanations, focal points, concentrations of the universal web of energy so our individuality is a focus, an intensification, a vortex within this field of energy, deeply and always connected and joined’

‘There is nowhere to go to be nowhere and our aloneness is always in company with other great souls with whom we communicate at the highest level, with whom we share love. True love can only be experienced at the highest level by those who have embraced their total individuality, their total uniqueness and aloneness, uncompromising in their own truth and total acceptance of the uniqueness, aloneness and individuality of every other soul. The many souls singing in unison, singing together in a vast choir of voices raised in appreciation, in love, in enjoyment and in enjoining. This is how it is as the individual, transcends to the highest levels, unafraid in their aloneness, to enter into the true nature of being and there the truth of love in which all are held is revealed. There is nothing to fear in being alone and embracing that aloneness. There is nowhere to go to be lost, there is nowhere to go to be outside the love of God’

‘Those that have transitioned successfully will tell you of the love that embraces them, that they find, love that surrounds and imbues them, such love as they never felt before in their physical incarnation. But that love is here and now, is all around for those to experience. So, don’t fear to be alone, experience your full aloneness and allow the awareness of that love to penetrate to your being, open yourself to the experience of your full aloneness and in that experience the power of love in which you are held, in which you are all held will be available to you. There is nowhere to go to be outside the love of God. I repeat there is no soul that is outside the love of God’

‘I have a name Nancy Grey, known as Nan’

‘I just feel as if I've gone through a leafy arbour. Started off like a tunnel made of apple trees and then a rose arbour, then it brought me back to the field of daisies’

Me... ‘That’s where you started wasn’t it’

‘Yes... I think that’s it’

‘I just get the feeling that Travis would want to say to Daisy, so glad to be dad, so proud, thank you for giving me that’

It had felt to me that Travis, Freddie and Joan had been with us this evening. When Liz said about the bicycles it made me think of when Freddie had sung ‘I want to ride my bicycle’ through Joan and then when Liz mentioned the chain links I felt it signified that they were all now linked together in spirit.

I played a tune to help Liz feel back with it.

We then talked about our Rainbow Bridge Exercise...

Liz started off with an image of a wooden puppet with a long nose like Pinocchio before coming to a huge bridge, a triple bridge with three lanes like a motorway. Liz took the centre path which went on forever and then she decided she wanted to get off and visualised a space craft above her which picked her up then she drifted off and the next thing she remembered was looking at the field of daisies...

I started off in a rowing boat on a lake at night with shining stars and a bright moon reflecting in the lake. As I rowed I got the feeling someone was behind me with their hands on the oars helping me to row, giving me extra strength. Then I was flying in the sky flapping my arms and I felt there was someone underneath me flapping their arms helping me to fly. Then I was climbing up a mountain and again felt someone with me, they were inside me and I could feel the extra power in my legs as I went up the steep slope. I came to a cliff face and thought I can’t get up that and then this being came out of me, climbed up the cliff face to a ledge then leaned down and pulled me up. It looked like a human form made out of glass and I sat on the ledge next to it. I asked who it was and it replied that it was always with me and was a part of me, I am you and you are me. It was an inner strength within me, more than my physical self that I could use whenever I thought I couldn’t do something. There was nothing I couldn’t do and that was the same for all of us...

I then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise...