This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

176th Sitting 08/08/2018


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.35pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise then continued into the session...

After about one hour Liz started to speak...

‘Got the name Margo and I see rooftops and a teapot... ballet shoes... broken free from gravity, flying over the rooftops... big steps... flowing like a river, a stream flowing like the breeze, the wind, everything moving, caught up in the maelstrom of movement... so fluid, fluidity... I wonder where my fingers are, to touch, trying to grasp like in a flood, to hold onto a tree... how did I think I could dance along the stars, I am, but it’s flowing, no individual steps, steps of fluid merge, liquidity, dissolution, a feeling of flying, takes a while to settle and then it's as if I'm in a pool looking into a clear surface, reflection, trying to see’

‘I see a great umbrella like a great golfing umbrella. It's like the roof of the world... the spokes are coming out and I'm holding on to the centre pole, it’s like a solo act, I want people to join me under this umbrella. Try to hold on tight, I can call my friends, I feel they are joined to me by the spokes of the umbrella’

‘I've got this wonderful black cat, I can feel stretching out like a cat’

‘Cantilever... contrast like structures, like chimneys, like walls, quite a contrast with the flow, the flow between solid... cantilever is giving me strength in structure’

‘Timothy’

‘Finger nails... it’s the nails, they are actual nails, steel nails, nails you knock in. It seems as if there are builders on the other side building’

‘Seem to be watching a dancer, she is moving around on the floor in a classical costume but more like a cat, very fluid movements’

‘Carruthers...’

‘I’m asking if we’ve got a novelist...’

‘Sense someone in a mackintosh... looking a bit like the bank manager in Dads Army’

‘I’m asking if I've made a connection with spirit and I get the image of a washing line with the clothes hanging on it’

‘Cole Porter... popular music, quite a lot of creative people... it’s feeling like a great show going on, like being in a circus tent, all the different acts going on simultaneously, all the different performers and animals, a great menagerie of talent and entertainment all held within this big top, like under an umbrella. But the key to this is the trust between the performers and the trapeze artists, to fly and know someone will catch you, the certainty of safety even without a net, the confidence to leap and be supported by another, to reach out across the space of the big top, the performers, the jugglers, the acrobats standing on each other's shoulders in perfect timing. That's the secret of connection, take the leap and trust, the connection between two worlds, two different vibrational levels. To know when to jump, when to reach out and to hold the link, how do you know you have contact? It's the trust and the grasp of the hand’

‘Peter...’

‘I sense Silver is trying to align me...’

‘September... something accomplishing... it’s connected to a ballet dancer on a pedestal, I think that was a message for me, now they’re talking about currency... just got Covington Way which is where my Auntie Sophie used to live... I think I might have seen her face at the beginning...’

‘I'm losing the connection now... I feel as if I'm wrapped in a basket... I went sideways and had the heat and pulling in my abdomen, a bit like vertigo but I went with it thinking that’s the connection signal’

‘Terrence...’ 

‘Got the name Carol Ann Duffy, she’s a poet, I think she’s alive’

‘Somebody like a schoolboy pretending to play a trumpet, looks more like a trombone, I get a name of Derek, I was just asking if there was somebody for you... I've got Wordsworth...’

‘I just want to say thank you to Margo and Gordon’ 

‘Just got the name James Atwell...’

‘I'm seeing an image of a computer or a mobile phone plugged in but the signal kept coming and going...’

I played a tune to help Liz feel back with it.

Then we discussed our Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercises...

Liz started off with a Celtic knot of gold. There were candles in a circle but also formed like a Celtic knot and Liz seemed to be in the middle of it following the contours of this Celtic knot where everything was intertwined. She was then aware of a small spirit girl with blonde plats. They were both on swings swinging towards each other reaching out and joining hands, making contact then swinging away again. It was a feeling of complete trust that you could reach out and connect and you could let go and the other person would catch you...

I stated off looking at a big expanse of tarmac and there was a light above it shinning down making the tarmac ripple like water. I wanted to see what the light was so went up and saw it was a large industrial lamp on a stand but it then changed into a flower like a buttercup lit up and shining down and the tarmac turned into green grass which was growing and it too had light within it. Other flowers and trees were growing within the grass and they too had light in them. Bees and wasps appeared also shining with light and then it started to rain like little specks of white light. I looked up and the sky was dark there was no sun, the light seemed to be contained within everything and I got the feeling that it was all one light which connected everything...

I did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise...