This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

80th Sitting 29/09/2015


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned on the music and put the light out.

We did the rainbow bridge exercise…

Liz found herself going down a cobbled street or alleyway, down steps with dark slate grey stones either side, fern growing out of them and water trickling down. She felt it was in Italy and then thought maybe Syria or Lebanon. It led down to a stream where there was a stone arch bridge over it. She crossed over the bridge to find herself in an olive grove and farmland. A little dark skinned boy suddenly appeared, maybe 10 or 11, in a long white tunic and white fez with a red tassel. He was keen for Liz to follow him and took hold of her hand leading her to some farm buildings and they went inside, up some wooden stairs to meet the boy’s grandfather who was lying on a bed in a room. He got up as Liz entered and took her to a table where he unveiled a large golden bird. At first Liz thought it was a cockerel but then realized it was an eagle. She wasn’t sure why the old man was showing her this; she could see that he was blind and that he wanted Liz to have it. He was telling her that sight was very precious and Liz thought maybe he wanted her to take the bird to cure blindness but she didn’t get chance to ask him more as the music ended…

I started off in front of some curtains. They parted so I walked through them and found myself in a large glass tubular tunnel. I could just about see through the glass and saw what looked like a beautiful purple sunset. I decided to walk down this glass tube and as I did so it started sloping downwards until I could no longer stand up so sat down and slid down it gathering speed as it twisted and turned a bit like a bobsleigh slope. I saw a junction coming up and had to quickly decide which way to go and this was followed by more junctions. Each time I leant to the left or right depending on which way I wanted to go. Eventually I came out of the tube landing in a warm shallow pond. It looked like I was on a tropical island, there were palm trees and sand around the pond and I saw lots of dark skinned native tribesmen who were laying a path of leaves leading out of the pond and into a jungle. I got up and followed the path into the jungle and again came up to junctions where I had to choose left or right before continuing. The path eventually ended with an old Chinese man sitting on a chair. I asked him what was happening and where was I…? He said I was here because I had chosen to be here, all my choices had brought me to this place. He went on to say how choices are a very big part of our life and that it was very important to recognise how each choice makes us feel. We should use our heart to make choices and feel if the choice is right, feel how it affects others and not to think too much about each choice. Eventually we will learn to trust our feelings as to the correct choice and improve our life and the lives of others… He then faded away and I found myself back at the curtains…

I put the music back on and Liz closed the cabinet curtains.

The room was looking lighter and misty to me.
I felt cold on my legs and hands as if the atmosphere in front of me was cold.

My legs and hands were tingling.
My hair was itchy and it felt like something was touching it.

Liz got the name David.

I felt something trickling down the right side of my face.

Liz started to speak…

‘David, and it’s the boy, fruit trees and musical instrument, a zither or something, gold, an eagle eye… his treasure, they say in the bible your treasure in heaven, you make your treasure where dust and decay set in, you put your treasure in heaven’

‘Yes I have Bathsheba…’

‘Nest of scorpions… I sense some bitterness’

‘I have this image of a green hill, a temple and the old man has picked up this bird, this heavy golden statue. I couldn’t make out what it was for, he’s set it free, it’s a bird, it’s flown away, that’s how it should be… and his eyes have opened. It’s as if he was tied to the treasure, this solid heavy… To him it represented a golden image, an object of worship, he converted it. Realisation is the key word. He’d imprisoned the real, stultified it, made a graven image of it and now he’s set it free, he’s realised its essential nature. That’s the graven image of God, that’s what we’ve done, the nest of scorpions. God is a living being, free, alive can’t be pinned down, not to be worshiped, to be lived… The musical instrument has to be played, it’s a fixed and solid object until a hand plucks the strings and the music dances forth, creation has wings… The music arises from the object according to the player’

‘That’s the little boy in the picture; he says his name is Zebedee, Zeb. His role is to free people, people who are stuck’

‘I saw these sheep grazing on the hillside. These sheep have golden fleeces, they’re a commodity, no they’re not for sale… Everything has its price but its true value is lost, its true value is not seen… Every living thing has become armoured with price tags and defences, the greed. Every living thing has become so fixed in its perceived commodity value, commodity price. Objects of trade, of admiration, constrained, captive. The true nature has been dimmed, over looked. It’s not being seen for what it is only for what it’s worth in terms of commodity value’

‘Ashes… sack cloth and ashes, garments of repentance… I’ve seen what I’ve seen, I am what I am now as a great sea of gold and peace… in the end all is peace’

The music ended.

Liz had remained awake throughout this session.
I had dropped off a few times.


Liz then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…