This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

74th Sitting 14/07/2015


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We did the Rainbow Bridge Exercise…

Liz found herself by a little trickling waterfall and stream somewhere in Scotland. She was quite happy sitting there for a while and then became aware of a cave behind the waterfall which transformed into the Chinese myth of the Monkey King. Liz went behind a curtain into the cave which was a wonderful jewelled place, full of rainbows and monkeys playing. At the back of the cave was an altar, a place of worship. There was a candle and Liz wanted to focus on the flame and still her mind. The light spread out and transposed into a figure, a great spiritual leader like the Buddha with lots of artefacts and rituals. Then a simple man in a white robe came through and led Liz out of the cave to sit on the grass, a simple place. Then they went and got in a boat, a bit like a Chinese boat. There were many people rowing it and they were looking for a place to pull in on the other side of the river. They came to a jetty and climbed out where there seemed to be a long procession of people going past and Liz wanted to reach out to these rainbow people, spiritual beings. Liz followed them into a sacred grove of fruit trees and ash trees. They were all sitting in a circle there and Liz joined them. She had this feeling throughout of wanting stillness and simplicity…

I started off in water with my eyes just above the surface looking out at an empty and quiet swimming baths. Then it suddenly filled with people jumping in and swimming having a great time and making lots of noise. The scene then changed to a playground with the grownups playing cricket and the children on swings and slides. It changed again to a busy street with everyone rushing to get somewhere and then it was a market place with crowds of people pushing and shoving, and stall holders shouting to sell their goods. Things then quietened down as I found myself in a country scene with lots of green grass, trees and flowers. All I could hear was the song of a skylark flying above me and I sat there enjoying the peace and beauty. I then heard a lot of noise and commotion behind me and turned round to see a battle being fought by hundreds of soldiers on horseback. It was a scene of devastation and wounded and dying bodies lay on the ground. It was like I was between the two opposites of peace and war. I tried to concentrate more on the peaceful scene for a while and when I looked behind me again the battle had finished and people were helping the wounded. Then I noticed they all suddenly became aware of the song of the skylark above them and they all stopped to listen. It seemed to make them realise the futility of war and how the world was a beautiful place and there for everybody to share. Two soldiers who had just been fighting each other burst into tears of laughter as they realised how stupid and pointless their battle had been…

I put the music back on.

I had a bright blob taking up my whole vision and tightness on my forehead.
The room felt like it was expanding to me and then I felt like I was outside.

Liz got the sensation of lots of faces, blob shapes which became more defined.

I was getting cold round my legs and arms.
It now looked misty to me.

Liz saw shapes moving horizontally left to right.
She got the name ‘Maureen’ and ‘Vera’
She wasn’t sure if it was ‘Maureen’ or ‘Monica’

Liz had a sense of something silver, silver cuff links, possibly a present and a bicycle.

I got an image of sliced ginger cake and a bicycle.

I had popping in my left ear.

Liz got a connection between Maureen and a bicycle.

I had an image of a medium sized dark coloured dog with floppy ears.

Liz had a creeping, pulling feeling on her scalp.
She sensed darkness on her left side indicating a presence with her.
She felt it was Maureen, someone she knew.

Liz then said…

‘I have a sense of a large lawn with flowers like a convalescent place, a crenulated building… I’ve got a feeling of something silky, silk… I’ve got this sense of a large parachute, somebody’s landed safely… I just wondered if the ginger cake was for a birthday… I’ve got the flower iris’

‘Like a ship in a bottle, something big, constrained into a tight form, now climbing out, nice and free…’

Liz had images of St George and the English flag, knights in armour, damsel in distress.

She then had images of caterpillars paralleled with the ship in the bottle as the butterfly emerges.

Liz continued…

‘In the case of the caterpillar and the chrysalis… in the chrysalis it looks as though it’s the dormant stage, nothing is happening, like it’s inanimate, but things are happening inside and eventually, it may be a long time, the new spiritual being flies free. Like someone maybe who’s been in a coma for a long time, it would seem as though that was a long dormant period but things are happening on the inner planes, finally there’s a transformation and the spiritual being, that portion, is freed’  

‘I had a sensation of a blackboard suggesting a school, lessons going on, still learning’

‘I seem to be in a snowy forest, snow coming down… it keeps on snowing, there’s a big man in helmet and goggles… silver again… got a sledge, fir trees… I’ve got the name Cuthbert again’

‘Got the name Timothy, somebody who’s trapped or a trapper, just got a feeling of wanting a fire in this forest’

‘For some reason I’ve got the image of the nursery rhyme… There was an old lady who lived in a shoe… I saw the shoe house’

‘I’ve got this strange sensation as if I’m turning into a horse, my hair and face… I feel perfectly equipped for carrying people on my back, I don’t know how people can be cruel to me but I feel very strong and I’ve got used to carrying people, I enjoy it, feels like a partnership. It seems as if I started off as a parody, like Muffin the Mule or Bobbin, a comic horse… but I seem to have grown into something sensitive and intelligent. I don’t think they realise that I have this intelligence. Inside a being, a person, a personality, something far more than a beast of burden, I’m a horse and a human being, a hybrid… If you look into my eyes you will see’

The music ended.

Liz had the name ‘Oberon’ for the horse.

I had fallen asleep at the end of the session.
Liz had remained aware throughout.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.