This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

73rd Sitting 07/07/2015


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, put out the light and turned on the music.
We did the Rainbow Bridge Exercise…

Liz found herself by a red brick tunnel. She was reaching out to the rainbow people and wanted to communicate with them but had to go through the tunnel. It looked a bit like a sewer but the water was clean and clear. The level was rising and the only way to get through was to take a deep breath and swim. Liz found she could breathe under the water and there were not only fish but butterflies swimming with her as well. They were separate but all in the water together. After a while Liz came out of the water with a whoosh and onto land finding herself with an enormous turtle on an island. Liz felt it was someone she knew in the form of a turtle and they stood staring at each other on the sand. There was nobody else on the island and Liz had this feeling of loneliness after being with so many other beings in the water. She had her arms around the neck of the turtle, it became night time and they were just lying there looking up at the stars. There seemed to be an infinite number of stars all filled with rainbows and Liz wanted to go there so she climbed onto the turtles back and they flew up to the stars being sucked up on a rainbow. They came to a particular star that seemed to be teeming with beings but they were like blades of grass. It was as if Liz and the turtle were one of them, part of them, they were all individual but also all one, all part of a whole teeming planet and universe. It was like being a part of a musical symphony, she could hear it playing and knew she was a note in it. She was aware of the whole and her individuality at the same time. It was a wonderful feeling of contrast, of being lonely on the island to being part of this teeming life…

I started off watching a tap dripping water onto an oily surface producing moving rainbow colours and reflections. I felt very drawn towards the colours and put my finger into the puddle, then my arm followed by my whole body even though it was just a shallow puddle. All I could see now were the moving colours everywhere until eventually they organised themselves into a rainbow and I saw the rainbow arched over a beautiful country scene full of bright vivid colours like a magical landscape. I noticed a cobbled pathway and a Victorian dressed lady pushing a pram. The path led to a brilliant light coming out a hole in the ground where she stopped with the pram. There were other cobbled paths leading to the light coming from different directions and they all had ladies with prams on them. I saw pinprick lights coming out of the hole landing in each pram then the ladies turned and took their prams back up the paths. I got the feeling these pinprick lights were spirits entering the physical world for a life experience. I watched the lady enter a hospital and then I saw another lady sitting up in bed with a new born baby. My attention was drawn to the baby’s eyes which lit up with rainbows, it was as if I was looking through the eyes at its spiritual self and it reminded me of some words I got at the end of last Thursday’s Mercury Light Circle about everyone having a rainbow inside them. I got the feeling that the one thing that remains consistent throughout our physical life is the eyes as these are the doorways to our spiritual self…

I put the music back on and we continued the session…

The atmosphere quickly became misty, wavy and flashy to me and I felt a pressure on my forehead and around my eye sockets.

It looked dark to Liz and she saw some flashes to her right.

I had a bright blob which seemed to be close to my eyes.

I had a sense of a pig which then became a rat or mouse.

I had a pulling down sensation on my right ear.

Liz had an image of a grey owl. This led to an image of war horse and a ginger bread house.

Liz then had an image of a zip fastener and ladies in Victorian dress on a bowling green.

Liz got the names ‘Norman Day’ and then ‘Taylor’

I had drifted off and then suddenly woke up when I stated making a sound as if about to speak.

Liz then said…

‘I keep coming back to the ginger bread house and feel it’s a ginger haired man or boy, I’ll ask him who he is… Lucile or Lucian’

‘A house, cottage house, uneven roof… I get a feeling of a church and a cemetery. I’ve got a tomb stone and the name Roy, 1916, Royal Fusiliers… hedges… I’ve got a barrel of tar… dark green velvet, like a beret’   

‘Got an image of a frog…’

‘Got an image of a spider web with all these silk threads drifting out’

Liz asked me to turn the music down as it seemed to be interfering.

She continued…

‘Back to the grey owl… seems to be watching in the forest’

‘I’ve got Cuthbert again, I think I’ve had that before… and Sid or Sydney’

‘Lillian comes through, trying to get a connection with Sid… cats’

‘I’ve got step son’

‘I had a feeling this Sid could be connected with the ginger haired man’

‘I have this image of a black car, could be a hearse that was connected with Sid… I’ve got tortilla flats… coconut… customised, something being customised, great sense of individuality, nothing conventional, nothing cloned, everything made individually’

‘Wigwams… like the feathers of Red Indians’

‘My connection is, the red haired man is Sid Rawle from the 60s, had a squat in Camden, was responsible for festivals on Isle of Wight’

‘It’s almost like I’m looking into an eye, a rainbow eye, rainbow people, the visionary types… grey owl is looking on in the forest, grey owl is overseeing’

‘Water under the bridge, just get the feeling of someone overlooking all of this. It’s like looking at Joseph and the Multicolour Dream Coat, coat of many colours, wearing the rainbow, Sid Rawle’

‘Just had a message of love and medicine’

‘Now I’ve got confetti… Constable, painter…’

The music finished.

Liz got some strange words at the end…

‘Popinjay, paedophile, pillaried, presenter and he’s alright now’

She thought it might refer to Jimmy Savile.

Liz then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

I had drifted off briefly a few times during the session.
Liz had remained aware throughout.