This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

63rd Sitting 31/03/2015


We had the room set-up as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the red light and put the music on.
We started with the Rainbow Bridge visualisation.

Liz found herself on a steep hillside, a valley. There were mounds of grass and she was jumping from one to another while down below she saw a stream in the valley crossed my many bridges. Liz could see lots of huts and white goats on the side of the hill looking very pastoral and then her eyes were drawn to the top where there was a white coated figure looking like Jesus smiling and waving at her. Liz felt she had to go to him and realized she could go straight over by transforming herself into a dragonfly. She felt the translucence of her wings as she flew over and perched on his hand. He looked at her very lovingly then Liz was looking through his eyes over the valley. He told Liz he wanted to take her to a special place and they found themselves walking through beautiful woodland, a grove with fruit and nuts on the trees and there was wonderful music going through the trees. He said everything is here that you need, you don’t have to work for anything. Suddenly crates of ginger beer appeared like what Liz had just bought for her mum. He told her that this was a reminder of what you do for your mum, it’s done with love and the things that you do on Earth with love increase your spiritual muscle, give you real strength which you bring here. He then took her to a clearing where there were dancers engaged in an amazing dance like a kaleidoscope all standing on each other’s shoulders making the most amazing pattern, changing constantly and flying up through the trees creating forms in the sky like starlings murmurations with all the colours of the rainbow. He said that here you can create whatever you like as your spiritual strength is converted to creative energy. Liz then thanked him and transformed herself back into a dragonfly and flew back…

I started off walking over yellow grass and then noticed everything was yellow including the sky and me. After a while everything became the correct colour before changing back to yellow again. I saw some horses galloping towards me but they were all different colours. A white horse stopped next to me so I climbed up on its back as I felt it wanted to take me somewhere while the others were happy to remain eating yellow grass. We trotted off and soon the proper colours of everything returned. We came to a shore line and I saw a white bridge leading over to an island but the horse decided to swim across with me on its back. As we crossed I noticed Victorian looking people crossing the bridge in both directions. We eventually reached a stony beach on the island and the horse waited there as I got off to explore. I went through a patch of fruit trees picking and eating the sweet fruit as I went. Then the colour of everything started changing again, first orange then red before returning to the proper colours. I then found a circle of shiny, smooth marble, walked onto it and sat down in the centre for a while now feeling a little light headed. A big bird like a pelican landed in front of me with a piece of paper in its beak. It read ‘Always look beyond the colours’ and I sensed more communication coming from the bird about how we should try and look beyond what we see and use our feelings more as there is a much deeper meaning to everything in the physical world. It was now time to return so thanking the bird I found the horse which took me back…

I put the music back on and we continued.

Liz got an impression of her cousin Susan.

I felt something tickling in my right ear and felt tightness around it.
It felt echoy like a mug had been placed over it.
These sensations continued on and off throughout the session.

The room was looking red to me then I saw bright blobs in front of me coming and going.

My right foot went cold.
I felt a vibration under my left foot then that went cold as well.

Liz felt her right foot go cold. It felt like a breeze and she said it reminded her of a feeling like peppermint.

I picked up a wood smell briefly.

Liz found herself on the Thames Embankment by Temple Station where the law courts and a plaque for the war victims is…

Liz continued…

‘…a sculpture, Cleopatra’s Needle… the contrast of the sculptures of Moreau with Wordsworth’s poem upon Westminster Bridge… this contrast of the sublime and the ugly, ridiculous war, the gas, the struggling bodies and then the uplifted poem on the bridge… two sides of the coin’

‘I have this feeling of this enormous chess board and the sense that living life is like playing a game, taking on the different parts or moves but ultimately is to maintain the king, majesty. To hold onto the majestic, that feeling of majesty, of sovereignty in whatever you do. Any game, any part of a game, it’s all a game but the important thing is to hold onto the king, your majesty, a supreme player, that’s what I am, that’s who you are, that’s the I, all the others are fragments of it and they’re moving only to defend, to bring its final position, the sole survivor, the majesty. All the other players are moving, the king is still, the king is the witness to all those players, acting out their parts’

‘It’s Sheila holding a black cat and the name Pushkin. I’ve got this sense of a low wall, we’re either side… It’s like she’s showing me something like orange peel, I’m getting marmalade and tortoise shell. I’m wondering if Sheila is surrounded by cats... I’m getting the feeling of a basket… I was trying to ask her about her writings and I got the feeling she doesn’t mind, she said you decide. It’s like she’s in a bit of an airy mood, she’s doing this cat’s cradle dance over the wall, she’s being quite funny… you decide…’

‘Got an image of pistons, piston power… got a feeling of chestnut’   

‘There’s a big blob in front of me and I get captain…’

‘I got Sophie, Sophie was a black cat and I got George’

Liz was now very hot.
I was cold round my legs.

Liz continued…

‘I got Terrance… and stamp… I see big boots and spindly legs… going back to the war, soldiers, gas’

‘I have this great wave of pity, this unendurable suffering, I just say take her to the light, offer it as a gift, no rhyme or reason, it’s the dark side of experience’

‘I just had this feeling Sheila’s sowing silk parachutes to lift people up into the light when they are stuck, they begin to see the light, they have a parachute of gossamer like silk, very light, fills with the buoyancy of air, can take them to the islands for healing’

‘Francis…’

‘I got the image of a clock, now I seem to be flying like a great goose. I get the feeling of this circadian clock going round and round… these rotations are important… tick tock’

‘I got Chartwell or Flimwell… deep well, I think we’re talking gravity, it’s spiralling down… a vortex… I got this image of a great tree blossoming, tree full of birds and creatures… somebody’s raising their cap, it’s like a captains cap’

‘These great nets made of knotted rope used to be full of shiny silver fish… trawling…’

There was a loud click/thud in the room. We’ve had a similar noise twice recently both at the same time at the end of the session.


The music ended.

Liz continued for a while…

‘There are so many connections but there’s only one sea… so many connections but one fisherman…’

‘I’ve been playing on the swings with Susan… and the see-saw… thank you Susan…’

Once Liz was feeling back with it she did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…