This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

62nd Sitting 17/03/2015


We had the room set-up as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.30pm then turned the red light off and put the music on for our Rainbow Bridge visualization exercise…

Liz found herself splashing through a marshy field full of wheat and barley. She was running fast and came to a vast expanse of open water full of misty light and rainbows. There were marshy bits of ground like stepping stones crossing it and Liz felt she had to get to the other side where she could see buildings like a sanctuary, a healing place. There were lots of marsh birds around her and Liz followed a bird hopping on different clods through the water. A heron was flying with her and Liz noticed a black and white bird in front of her and one of its wings was skew-wiff. Liz picked it up as it looked like it had a broken wing. As she held it the heron went faster and faster and Liz found she was flying behind it still holding the injured bird. They came to a large clearing of oaks on the other side and there was a circle of people in white gowns. They were faceless, indistinct and Liz felt they were holding some sort of force field. She found herself in the middle of the circle holding the bird and they urged her to pass it round the circle. They told Liz it was a healing circle for healing animals and when they gave the bird back to Liz it was fine. They told her she could bring any animal there. She had had a dream in the week where she had met a cat that had injured its paw and they said she could have brought it to be healed. All she had to do was think of this place and she would be there. Liz asked if the same applied to humans and they said it wasn’t centred there but Liz could find healing everywhere in nature, from trees, plants, rocks and water. This would give her the healing energy. Liz then returned to the marshy field by thinking herself back…

I started off sitting on a wooden park bench and in front of me was a tree with a black crow sitting on a branch. I walked up to it, held out my hand and the crow hopped onto it. I found that holding the crow made me turn into a crow and I got the impression it wanted me to follow it. We took off and I followed over countryside, busy towns and then out to sea getting faster and faster. I saw various islands below and we seemed to be heading for one that had a tall round tower in the middle. We landed on that island and I then turned back into human form and made my way to the tower. I entered through a large wooden door then climbed a spiral staircase and could hear piano music. At the top I entered a room with polished wooden floor and a man playing a grand piano in the centre. He invited me to sit down next to him and we both played the piano. He told me how important music was to the physical world and how people are often inspired by spirit to write music. Everybody benefits and receives healing from music as it makes them feel good. Different types of music affect people in different ways and there’s a type of music to suit all people’s tastes. I saw shelves full of sheet music around the room and he said this was all music that was going to be sent to the physical world to inspire composers. When it got to time to go I looked around for the crow and found it sitting on the piano. I thanked the man, said goodbye then picked up the crow and flew back to the park bench…

Once again we found many similarities in our visualisations.

I put the music back on and we continued with the session…

It started to look bright and blobby in the room to me.
I got a brief image of my gran’s face.
I saw several people briefly throughout the session but no-one I recognised.

I got a few tickles and fuzzy feelings around my feet and ankles.

Liz got a big letter ‘H’

My face felt cold on the right, not a breeze but a kind of coldness creeping over my face.

Liz was seeing black and white newspaper cuttings, they kept changing. She saw a man who looked like he was on holiday with baggy trousers. Then she saw people in the forces and a jeep, some sort of parade.
I asked her if she could read any headlines.
All she could make out was the letters ‘LOB’

Liz continued to see newspaper cuttings and saw a boy scout.
She got the name ‘William’
Then she got ‘Cheeseman’
Liz asked for a date and saw 1940 flash up on a screen.
She got the words ‘Carpet baggers’

I drifted off for a while.

A hiss/scrape noise came out on the recording which neither of us heard at the time.


Then a loud tap in the room which woke me up!


Liz got the name ‘William’

Then she got a message…

‘Tell Tina this comfortable man was very tired… and something about sweet fruit, he was showing a piece of jewellery, looked as if it was silver, a pendant of some sort, had either amber or ruby in it, something red/orange. It was strange, not a cross but it had a loop in it, it was rather an odd shape, a bit like a loop or hook…’

Liz got ‘Nancy’

She kept getting ‘Waldergrave’

The music ended.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…