This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

65th Sitting 14/04/2015


We had the room set-up as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise…

Liz found herself climbing a series of rocks up a steep waterfall with rainbows coming off the cascading water. It was Swallow Falls. She found it hard work climbing so turned herself into a moth and fluttered up to the top where there was an enormous plain and the whole sky was arched with rainbows everywhere criss-crossing each other. Liz wasn’t sure where to go and then sensed two beings coming to take her forward then realised they were her wings so she flew up and up into the sky and came to a huge opening like a cavern, a great door in the sky. Inside it was like a holy place, a great chamber. There was a woman there with a kind of oriental belly dancer dress on and she was covered in coloured jewels. She was very attractive with long dark hair and noticed Liz admiring her jewels so asked her to sit down with her talking and gesticulating about all the pathways. As she shook her hands many moths came out with iridescent wings like rainbows and she said that all of them are going off on different paths, each of them is going off on its journey for the day to find honey and experience. Then she showed Liz how at night-time she could turn into an enormous tree where all the moths came back to roost. She said at night they come back and bring me their secrets, all the nectar and all the knowledge they’ve gained goes into me and my roots go deeper into the earth. She started to shake herself going into a dance like a gyrating belly dancer. It was the dance of all the information that had been gathered from all these different aspects of being, all the different pathways, they were multitudinous and they were all valid. The deep knowledge from each pathway came back to roost in the tree of life. She then pointed up to the sky at the Sirius Star saying this is where we come from. It was the Dog Star and the little black and white dog that Liz often sees is the connection and Liz should carry on writing about it. Then it was time to come back so Liz turned herself back into a moth to return…

I started off walking up a cobbled street in what appeared to be Victorian London. There were horses and carriages passing by and many people milling around. I felt I needed to get to the river Thames so asked a man for directions. He told me to turn right at the end of this street and sure enough that took me to the Thames Embankment. Everything now looked like it was in the 1960s and cars had replaced the horses. As I stood at the edge of the river I saw a rope bridge being lowered down to me but it seemed to end half way across and wasn’t suspended by anything. I couldn’t see what was on the other side. All I could see in the distance were rainbows dancing out of the water. I climbed onto the bridge and heard people behind me encouraging me to run across so I did and found I was still running on something invisible where the bridge ended. Then I found myself on the other side. It looked and smelt like everything was made from sweets and chocolate, it was very spongy underfoot and the trees were made of chocolate covered in green sweets, and brightly coloured sweets made up the flowers. I noticed a lot of children playing and hiding behind the trees. There was a path through the trees which led me to a cave made from honey comb. Inside were brown robed monks and they took me to a lady sitting on a throne wearing brightly coloured clothes in contrast to the brown monks. I asked her what this place was and she said it was one of the places where children who die suddenly are taken to and they stay in this happy atmosphere until they lose their confusion and are able to realise what has happened to them and start to settle and move on. She added that whenever I hear of a child passing suddenly I should visualise this place which will help them make it here. It was now time to return so I closed my eyes and visualised myself back in Victorian London again…

I put the music back on and we continued the session.

It was looking quite flashy and lively in the room to me.
I felt a light touch on the top of my left ear and then again on my right ear.
I then had several feelings and pressure pops around my right ear on and off throughout the session.

Liz was starting to drift off; she said she was suddenly very hot.
I felt cool.

It was now looking bright and blobby in front of me.
I had a pressure on my forehead.
Then I felt something tight around my right foot and ankle like something was wrapped around it.

It now looked very dark in the room to me.
I sensed someone to my right and saw a black silhouette of a person stand up from a crouching position then disappear into the blackness of the room.

Liz was feeling the presence of the lady she had met in her Rainbow Bridge exercise.
She got the name ‘Butterfield’ and then continued…

‘Shiny, just like goblets, golden cup, buttercup… before that there was a sense of a horse, a girl riding it, pale colour horse, Colossal or Colossus…’

‘Stepping stones… it’s Caroline, counting the days… I get the sense of a swallow, a bird high up. I get yellow, Terrence, testimony, a few months till the testimony, marble… Lots of feet, like boots, all over, climbing, in the way of each other… Can’t count, ques, Q, U, E… I just get the feeling of the density like these little insects, midges, there’s countless points of reference, countless beings, all pointing, all the footsteps on the path, all the ques, the signs. So where do we look? Well, in ourselves, it’s our pointing, our speaking, our interpretation… I’ve got the picture of many people there, Sheila and the others, many minds, a crowd; it’s like a gardener’s sweet peas. I get the picture of Mendel, the mutation, to get the clear message is not too easy, the light trying to form a strong stork, a strong conductor, a conduit, it’ll come and I do get the feeling this subject has so many influences, so many conditions, but there’s some wind optimum, some confluences and then the conduit will flow very clear and true, channelling… I get the original arm chair, yes, just lay back and let it happen, to be ready at the right time. Rubicon again the rightness evolves the threshold… Once you’ve got over the hump it’s clear sailing and there’s a big effort to help. I sense they are all smiling and waving, very pleased. I think Joan is there in this lovely diaphanous dress, like a very fine muslin, pale blue and golden hair and Diana. They are clapping their hands… Potter…’

The music ended.

Liz continued for a while…

‘Waving bye-bye, bless you all, it’s like a fence now, gallop back, grey cloud…’

Liz said she found it hard to let go. I told her to take her time and then she said…

‘Back in the garden of Earthly delights…’

Liz had had a spaniel dog with her. At times she felt she had been the dog.

She was now back feeling fine and did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…