This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

61st Sitting 10/03/2015


We had the room set-up as normal.

At 8.40pm I did the opening prayer, turned off the red light and put the music on for our Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise which we did next…

Liz started off at a river looking like the Thames in olden times, green banks, trees and lots of people about. There was a metal industrial looking bridge with a rainbow going over it. Liz saw people crossing it and noticed a woman with chestnut curly hair like an Alice in Wonderland character. Above the bridge was a cable with car tyres dangling from it on pulley wheels and the woman went whizzing over it on one of these so Liz did the same following her. They went on and on and noticed the rainbow seemed to be mixing with the bridge. There was a bird overhead and Liz then found she was suddenly flying with the bird getting higher and higher. Liz felt very lonely as there were no people about. She was lost in a vast expanse and felt she wanted to be with people. It was a sense of being nothing, nowhere, no-one. Then she found herself landing on the other side of the river but the people were transparent and everything seemed strange, only the blue sky above felt real. Liz then found herself lying on her back in a beautiful meadow. She felt she had been lifted there by people and had felt hands easing her down. She could smell the flowers and watched a white cloud in the sky. Liz felt it was important to concentrate on the sky as that was reality. The meadow seemed cartoon-like, unreal like a scene from Alice in Wonderland. Suddenly a helicopter appeared above her and lowered down a lifebelt which Liz put on and she was hoisted into the helicopter. She sat behind two men who said they were taking her to the Snow Mountains then flew there and landed. Liz thought it looked like Tibet and she knew she would meet a teacher there and he appeared wearing a black skull cap with long white hair and beard looking old but young at the same time. He was in a cave surrounded by scrolls and told Liz that all teachers like Jesus and Buddha came from the same stock, they were from the same source, it was all written down and Liz was on the right track and should hold fast to what she knew and understood. These teachings were very old and came through from different people from different quarters, different periods but it was all at root the same information. The scrolls were all there and Liz had access to it. What Liz was picking up was glimmerings of the truth. She was not to be swayed by other people that don’t understand. It was now time to come back and Liz just closed her eyes and imagined herself back finding herself on the riverside when she opened her eyes…

At the start I couldn’t decide if I was in a cave or a church. I settled for the church and walked up the aisle towards the altar. There was nobody else in the church and just before reaching the altar I saw a flight of steps disappearing down into the ground so I went down them getting lower and lower until I found myself standing on a hard clay floor. Then I felt like I was spinning getting very dizzy and disorientated. Eventually things became clearer and I found myself sitting on the ground in a cave surrounded by a circle of dogs laying down looking at me. They were all tan colour and looking a bit like German Shepherds. Then they all morphed into Buddhist monks with orange robes. Each one had a piece of paper with just one word on it and they spoke out the words in turn. They were words like peace, love, harmony, information, knowledge, teachings, etc. I then realised I had a book on my lap and all these words and others were in the book. The monks explained that all knowledge and information could be found inside me, inside my consciousness and this applied to everybody. There was no need to search outside for answers, just look within. Everything was connected and we all had access to all information. I then noticed cords connecting me with all the monks and a cord going upwards from the top of my head. The cords seemed to pull the monks towards and into me then I felt myself moving up the cord finding myself back in the church…

Again we both shared similarities in our visualisations almost as if we had both experienced the same thing but perceived it in our own way.

I’d had a pressure on my forehead and Liz had had tickles in her hair.

I put the music back on and we continued the session.

Liz was now seeing pin-pricks around the room.
I thought the atmosphere was looking grey and misty.
Then I got bright blobs in front of me, coming and going.

Liz got the image of a king chess piece and the words… ‘Only he who speaks without words is a master’

I had a tickle on my right foot.
It now looked lighter to my right near the door.

Liz had the sense of something radiating in the centre of the room with spokes coming from it like a web or mesh. As she looked she saw bright blobs coming and going on parts of it as if people were slipping through.

I felt something on my forehead which seemed to be running down my face.

Liz saw a deep crimson colour in the room.

Liz had a strong sensation of something over her head like a branch of a tree.
She had an image of an armadillo.

Liz got the name ‘Nancy’

I had dropped off for a while and came back with a dream of looking through the base of a glass bottle. I was trying to see something but couldn’t see clearly though the misty glass.

Liz was getting cold round her legs.

I was seeing a few flashes in front of me.

Liz could smell a cake cooking.
Then I picked up a sweet smell which was just like a cake cooking.
It lasted about 30 seconds.

Liz got a single high note in her left ear.

I heard a soft click to my right.

Liz was now very hot.

I drifted off again for a while and when I came back the room felt bigger and darker.

Liz saw bright spots like stars all over the room.
She then saw soft fuzzy images in the middle of the room like birds and felt like she was surrounded by a flock of birds.

Liz got the name… ‘Iris’
She asked if she wanted to say anything and got the word ‘Sneeze’

Liz got the feeling of a television and communication. Then it was like looking at a semi-circle of people sitting in chairs.
She had an image of someone with short dark hair pulling a face.

She got the image of a standard lamp.

Liz then got… ‘Lily Rose’ someone she recognised who had passed recently.
She then realised it was her who had brought the smell of cakes. She also had connections with television and communication.

There was a loud click in the room as the music was coming to an end.


Liz then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…

Update...

At the time we thought the cake smell might possibly be connected with a birthday cake and Liz did some investigating...
A few days later she found that on the day we sat 10/03/2015 in was the birthday of Lily Roses twin great grandsons...