This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

39th Sitting 10/07/2014


We set the room up and sat as usual.

At 8.30pm we did the Rainbow Bridge Exercise…

Liz started off in a muddy place amongst reeds and bulrushes. She didn’t want to leave as she was enjoying watching the dragon flies and other insects. There was a robust stone bridge to her left which she felt drawn to and went over it with bare feet. On the other side was a town or city, lots of white buildings like hospitals and temples. It felt very structured, lots of people like nuns and nurses with white vales. It felt a very happy and enlightened place. Liz walked through the streets, through a tunnel and came to a square, like a quadrangle with a fountain and stone benches. She decided to sit on a bench. Someone came to join her and told her this place was a place of peace and harmony, the plane of universal harmony that we visit in our sleep. Liz then wanted to make a rose garden which she did just by thinking of white roses. She got a connection with her dad and the person with her changed into her dad. She got an incredible sense of love as he accompanied her back to the bridge.

I started off in a massive field full of long blue grass. I also got the feeling I didn’t want to leave as I watched it being blown by the wind looking like waves on water. Then the grass started to get shorter like it was being pulled into the earth until it looked like a mowed lawn. I felt there was a shore line in the distance, it was too far to walk so I just visualised myself there where I saw a small bridge. It was decorated with all the colours of the rainbow and standing at the entrance were two 17th century court jesters. I made my way over the bridge to a small domed island which I climbed onto and sat on the top. The island then started to rise out of the water and I realised I was sitting on the head of a giant who was now standing up in the water. I slid down onto his shoulder; he picked me up and held me on his hand. He began to talk to me nearly blowing me over as his breath was like a strong wind. He talked about size and how it didn’t matter if you were a microbe or a giant, we were all consciousness with a personality. He then gently placed me back in the blue grass field which had grown long again.

I did the opening prayer and immediately felt cold round my legs as I finished it with ‘Welcome friends’
Liz saw blotchy cotton wool type shapes floating around.
I had a pressure around my head and it felt like something was touching the right side of my face and right ear.
I thought the room was looking lighter and misty.
There were white blobs and lines moving about, mainly coming down from the ceiling.

We both experimented by closing our eyes and confirmed we could still see the light phenomena suggesting it was internal for both of us.
I was yawning.

I was getting more pressure on my forehead.
My legs were still cold but now felt fuzzy as well.
I saw a bright pin-prick shoot down from the ceiling. Liz didn’t see it.

Liz was seeing subtle colours, greens and turquoise.
I was seeing reds and blues and felt the atmosphere was looking wavy.

I felt something on the back of my neck.
Then I felt a vibration under my left foot for about 5 seconds.
I felt something on the top of my head, a bit like a drip of water hitting it.

It looked lighter and yellowish to my right and I was cold down my right side.
I felt there was someone or something there.
Then, as has happened before, it felt like it was moving closer and merging with me from my right.
The right side of me felt very fuzzy and I had the sensation it was dissolving.

Liz got the name ‘Francis’ and the feeling of curly hair.
She got the phrase ‘Shot through with gold’
Then she got ‘An assembly of friends… It doesn’t matter you don’t have to individualise them… A bicycle then a tricycle…’

Liz asked for a message and she got the words to a song she knows…

How beautiful they are,
The lordly ones
Who dwell in the hills,
In the hollow hills.

They have faces like flowers,
And their breath is wind
That stirs amid grasses
Filled with white clover.

Their limbs are more white
Than shafts of moonshire:
They are more fleet
Than the March wind.

They laugh and are glad
And are terrible;
When their lances shake
Every green reed quivers.

How beautiful they are,
How beautiful,
The lordly ones
In the hollow hills.

I drifted off for a while and felt I was walking down corridors of a school I recognised.
I saw a large detailed face of a young girl, blond hair, and freckles.
Then I saw a small face which wasn’t clear.

Then Liz got the feeling of a message in a bottle.
She asked what was on it and got ‘Dunkirk’
Then she got a sense of Khaki and saw a red beret.

I felt something moving up and wrapping round my right leg from my foot to my knee.
I was very cold all over.

Liz got the name ‘Hilary’

What sounds like a voice saying ‘Boo!’ came out on the recording.
Neither of us noticed it at the time.


Liz then got ‘Fellowship’ and ‘Fairy Tale’
She had a strong sense of someone she knew who was introduced to her and she decided to talk with her in her mind…
She got ‘Part of the assembly’ and then a sense of incredibly high levels beyond the ordinary and that it was possible to access them, they were trying to speak from that plane, trying to get Liz to pitch, the more individual level wasn’t so important.

Liz felt the message in a bottle was someone who was trapped in a lower plane and needed rescuing. She felt she was dragged to a lower level but then realised she didn’t need to be with them and could just send light and healing and direct them. Some of what she was experiencing was in dreams from which she couldn’t bring back a clear memory.

Liz got the name ‘Terrence’ and a length of material like cloth.

I had a big bright blob in front of me.

Liz got a big ‘G’

Liz got a strong feeling of the meaning of uniform. ‘All these people, why they don’t need to individualise, that the uniform thing and the response to all of them underneath the thing that links them all is love, it’s like a flower, and that’s the thing, it’s the experience, that’s the only thing that’s important, the experience, that unifying joining thread on which they’re spun, on which they cleave and how they can come back as a unified thread. That’s the only message, that’s the only response, beyond that the rest is trivia, it’s illusion, gossamer, the true essence, the nectar is the love’

I drifted off again towards the end and saw a man’s body face down on the ground all black and burnt. I got the feeling this person had died in a fire and now didn’t want to get up. I managed to persuade him to get up and sit in a chair and I cleaned the soot and ashes off him by blowing over him. I told him to look behind him for a light then walk into it whilst thinking of someone he loved who had already passed. This he did and I saw a frail old lady come out of the light to greet him and take him into it.

The music ended.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…