This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

36th Sitting 05/06/2014


We sat and set the room up as usual.

At 8.30pm we started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise…

Liz began with beautiful yellow irises all around her and a path through fields and ponds down to a river. There was a woven willow bridge across the river which Liz started to cross. It was populated with deer, donkeys, rabbits, all sorts of animals and children and as Liz reached the other side she saw that was like an enchanted forest with more animals and children. There were schools that she had seen before and there seemed to be all the fairy tales and characters there, Alice in Wonderland, Hansel and Gretel, etc… A tall woman with short dark hair came up to Liz. She was friendly but not over warm, a dispassionate friendliness. Liz felt it would be nice to have a big hug but felt that was implicit, she was slightly stern. She told Liz that the fairy tales and characters were all important devises for teaching the children and protecting them somehow. They helped them develop imagination. Liz got the feeling of lots of bottles of milk, the feeling of them being nurtured, looked after. Then Liz was given a box full of bubbles, she got into one of the bubbles and the lady blew her back to her own side…

I started off going down some black marble steps between rocks leading me to a dry, warm sandy beach. I walked across it to a wooden bridge which looked like it had been well used as it was covered in sand from the beach. As I made my way across the bridge it got colder and I began seeing snow on the bridge. When I reached the other side everything was covered in snow and I found a group of Eskimos sitting round a fire and I joined then for a chat. They told me they were pleased I was doing the circle reports in a thorough and honest way each week and I should carry on doing them as they were useful to others both now and in the future…

I then did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

I had a pressure on my forehead.
I was cold around the front of my legs and face.
It looked light in my peripheral vision and I kept noticing flashes in front of me.

Liz commented that she too had been seeing similar flashes earlier just before we did the Rainbow Bridge. She described them as a visual aura.

We both felt light headed.

Liz got the name ‘Susan’

Liz saw a cluster of small lights go on and off in front of her then she saw moving shapes.
I had a pink/orange mist in front of me with a few dim white lights swirling around in it.
I also saw a few pin-prick lights come and go.

Liz was getting cold.

Liz had lumpy white shapes in front of her, then dim torch lights.
I felt tickles on the back and top of my head.

Liz felt like something was being whirled around on her right eye.
Then I had a line of light go across my right eye and I felt a fuzzy feeling around it.

I had a fuzzy feeling on the back of my neck, then on my right leg between knee and foot.
I saw a bright blob in front of me.

My right leg now felt like it wasn’t there but I still felt my foot!!!
Then I got the same feeling in my right arm.
I felt like something was slowly moving through me, right to left.
I was kept very still.

Liz had a prickly feeling in her hair, then a feeling of something sliding over her head and down the left side. It felt to her like a hand.

Liz then got a strange feeling down her left side like it was melting.
This mirrored what I was feeling.

It now felt like something like a towel was being wrapped around my right leg.
My left arm became fuzzy.

I then had a warm feeling on my left leg just above the knee. It was like a warm hand was resting on it but I only felt the warmth, not the physical touch.

I didn’t turn the music down this week as I felt I shouldn’t move at that point.
I suddenly got very cold all over.

Liz felt a tap on her head like a rap from a knuckle.
She then felt a pressure pushing down on her head.

I had another bright blob in front of me.

For a few seconds I got the impression I was seeing the music not hearing it. It appeared like a flat sea shell out of the player.

I got very cold again.

We both drifted off for a while as the last two tunes played.

Liz came back with…
‘Cathryn, a field of daisies and sunshine’

We both felt a bit catatonic at the end but once we were both feeling back with it Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…