This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

38th Sitting 19/06/2014


We set the room up and sat as usual, kicking off with our Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz found herself in the hills. There was a large lake like a reservoir with a cable car going over it and up into the hills. Liz got into it and a kind man with overalls, short white hair and beard asked her where she wanted to go. Liz wanted to go all the way up into the hills which he told her was a long way as they set off overlooking valleys and wonderful scenery. They went through clouds into snowy mountains where they got off. It was snowing, visibility was low and there were many children there. There were lots of people waiting to greet Liz and somebody in a long grey woollen garment told her that this was a hospital, a sanatorium, healing for the soul. Liz had gone there to get perspective and she was told she was welcome back when she had more time before she returned in the cable car…

I started off amongst bushes and came out onto a shore which had a kind of block paving surface. I then came to a metal bridge with wooden sides and started to walk over it. When I put my hands on the side rails I noticed there was deep snow on them but no sign of snow anywhere else. I also noticed several cats on the bridge walking between my legs. Things then went a bit wobbly; I lost my bearings then found myself walking in a desert up a steep hill of sand. I couldn’t see anybody but was aware of being watched from all angles. It seemed like there were even people peering from behind the clouds. When I reached the top of the sand hill I stopped and was looking down on a crystal city sparkling in the sunshine. Again there were no people to be seen. I stayed there for a while then returned the way I had come and the dessert morphed back into the bridge…

I was now feeling a little light headed and had noticed the room get darker as Liz told me about her visualisation.

I then did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

Liz reported white blobby shapes swimming around the room.
I saw a whitish mist form throughout the room and several white blobs spiralling around, coming and going, one whizzed past me from left to right.

I had a pressure on my forehead.
It felt cold in front of me and I couldn’t stop yawning.

Liz had a cold feeling on the left side of her face.
She got a strong impression of an insect face looking at her like a dragon fly.
Then she got an image of a Gothic arched doorway in front of her.   

I had a fuzzy feeling on the front of both legs.
They both felt like they were dissolving.
I had a strong sensation of somebody in front of me.
I felt there was something pressing against my face, like a mask.

Liz got a picture of someone standing watching her, South American looking with dark curly hair.
Then Liz got the impression of a grasshopper.

I got a bright grey colour in front of me.
Then an impression of an animal face looking at me with big nostrils, like a donkey or camel.

I felt a buzzing vibration on the side of my face.

Liz felt a touch on the back of her head.
She could see a lot of green and got an image of ivy.
She felt like she had been knocked sideways.

Liz got the name Neddie.

I paused the music for a few minutes to listen out for any noises.
Apart from our stomachs rumbling we heard nothing.

As soon as I put the music back on I started seeing white wispy bits swirling round the room again.
Liz seemed to think that the first tune we played after the pause only played for a few seconds as if she had gone off for a while and missed it.

We both reported a blue/grey mist in the room.

I got a fuzzy feeling on the side of my left leg which felt like it was wrapping itself around it.

I again had a strong feeling of somebody or something in front of me.
There was a cold fuzzy feeling on the front of my legs and face.
I mentally asked it to move closer and tried to sense or experience any more information from it.
I became very cold all over as it seemed to merge into me. I got an image of a huge crystal with many facets like scales on a fish. It was mainly clear then I noticed it was changing to a deep blue from around the edges.

Liz kept getting the phrase ‘Unfinished business’
She felt there was work going on, preparation.
She also got images of people she had known and memories connected with them.

The music ended. We’d both drifted off during the last two tunes.
Once Liz was feeling back with it she did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

While she was doing the healing I saw the room suddenly change to a salmon pink colour.
We both had a sense that the room had expanded and was ringing, resonating out into the beyond...