This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

35th Sitting 29/05/2014


We didn’t sit last week as we had a ‘Liz in the cabinet’ sit instead.
This week it was just Liz and me.

At 8.30pm we kicked off with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise…

Liz started off on very wet marsh land. Everything was surrounded by rainbows including each blade of grass. There was no bridge but there was a raised dry sun-baked tract running through the marsh and Liz walked along that. She reached some low lying buildings that looked like laboratories. Inside people in white coats were working on things. Liz didn’t feel particularly welcome as they were all so busy working but they took her to a grey bearded man with short hair who was happy to show Liz around and talk to her. She saw plants and ducks; it looked like they were breeding things there and concerned about saving species from earth. It all seemed a bit secret and Liz wondered where the love was in all of this but she then saw a higher ground that surrounded this place with temples and she was told this was where they got their inspiration from…

I started off high up and had to make my way down zigzag steps leading to the bridge which was decorated with lights along each side. I tried to see the other side but got the feeling I shouldn’t be looking too far ahead yet and to just concentrate on where I was now. As I walked over the bridge it morphed into a brightly coloured children’s bouncy castle with lots of children playing on it. I found it hard to walk over and asked one of the kids where I could get off and he pointed at some steps in the corner. I climbed down onto an asphalt surface and some of the children threw balls to me which I threw back. I was aware of other people in the distance observing but could not see them clearly and then the bouncy castle started to move away from me looking like a hovercraft and as it disappeared I found myself back on my side…

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

As soon as the music started I got cold around my legs and a pressure on my forehead.
I had a tickle in my right ear and fuzzy feeling on right foot.
Then I felt a cold sensation on my forehead like a drip of water hitting it.
It was getting very cold to my left.

We were both yawning.

I felt feathery touches down the left side of my face.

There was a bluish white mist in the room to my left.
Liz saw it too in the same area which was to her right. She described it as milky blue.

After a few minutes I noticed the mist was in front of me then to my right as if it had moved through me.
Not at the same time but about a minute later Liz reported a similar thing like the mist had moved through her and was now to her left.
We were both now very cold on the side where we perceived the mist.    

I had a pressure on my right foot.
I could feel something on the back of my neck and also around my right ear. It felt like something was connecting them together.

I picked up a smell like the sea side and felt cold all over like I was in a cool breeze.

Liz felt a feathery touch around her eye lids.
Then I felt a feathery touch on the back of my left hand fingers.
It was very cold and fuzzy down my right side.

I noticed a black shadow like a big bird go over me towards the centre of the room.

I picked up a musty smell, like smelly socks.

We were at the half way point and I lowered the volume on the music.
We were supposed to be listening out for noises in the room but we both drifted off for a while!!!
I came back after about ten minutes to see a bird’s face like an eagle staring at me. It was brown and golden colour and I noticed two rings each side of its face.
Then the face faded then I saw dim lights coming and going in the distance.

Liz came back about ten minutes after me.
She had somebody with her and verbalized what she was getting…

‘Hark… the great shinning… blades of grass blazing with gold… he’s trying to convey… I’ve got the lambs again; feed my lambs… woven basket, a basket of grasses and rushes… makes me think of Moses and hark is the word of the prophets… I ask who’s there and I get Leslie… I ask for a message and just get plain brown wrapping paper, keeping it simple…’

Liz was trying hard not to elaborate or add her own interpretations to what she perceived.

Liz then got the names Rupert and Brenda.
She saw brown eyes.

The music came to an end.


Liz did our healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.