This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

34th Sitting 15/05/2014


We had the room set up as usual.
Unfortunately Rich was at home with a sprained knee so it was just Liz and I this week.

We began with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz started with an image that looked like a small eye or a beetle. It was oval shape, red in the centre with black around it and a glowing blue on the outside. She couldn’t get it out of her vision so decided to follow it. Then it looked like a scarab beetle and was swimming in the brown muddy river. The bridge was on Liz’s left and seemed to be constructed from scaffolding and wood. It was a real hotchpotch job as if built by kids with Mechano.  Liz began to climb over the bridge up steps that went on and on. At the top was a long straight stretch over the wide river. As Liz crossed, in the distance it looked like London from above, a great city spread out with lots of rainbows. She found herself being drawn to this city and was now flying towards it. She reached out her hands and saw people waving from a great tower. They were scientists and philosophers, a learning community, part of a university. Liz felt she was a part of them, she felt welcomed. It was impersonal but natural to be there. She was being given perspective, urged to look out and get perspective over the whole environment before returning to her side…

I started off in a very red landscape making me think of Mars. Several red spider or beetle like critters were running around over rocks. The bridge to my left was also red as was the river. As I crossed the colour changed to blue then got brighter becoming yellow then a bright dazzling white. I saw some people coming towards me who were dressed in bright white robes. It was difficult to see them as they blended in to the bright surroundings, I could just make out their eyes and mouths. They didn’t say anything but I suddenly realised they had surrounded me and I could feel a calm relaxing energy coming off them which made me turn into the same bright white. We seemed to be drifting up, I felt giddy and lost my bearings. I heard the music coming to an end and when I thought about how I would get back I suddenly found myself back on the bridge on my hands and knees as if I’d been dropped there. I got up and made my way back…

I did the opening prayer then put the music back on.

I had a pressure on my forehead and cold legs.
Liz had a fuzzy feeling on the top of her head and her legs were cold.
I felt very buzzy, like I was charged up.
Liz felt like there were pairs of eyes around the room looking at her.

I got a warm feeling on the left side of my face as if something warm was close to it.
Liz saw lots of white blobs like cotton wool.
I felt very fuzzy down my right side.
Liz got the name Clive.

I had tickles in my hair, down the left side of my face then under my left foot which slowly travelled round to the top of my left foot.
I couldn’t stop yawning.
My knees suddenly went cold.
I got the sensation that something was covering my right eye.

Liz saw a dim light moving about.
I drifted off slightly and got a vision of a piece of polished tiger eye crystal.
Liz felt her head was being turned.
The atmosphere was looking red to me.

Both Liz and I reported tickles in our hair.

It was about half way through and I turned the music down slightly so we could listen out for any noises in the room.

I felt a fuzzy touch on my right elbow which travelled down my arm into my hand.
Liz felt like she had a beret on, tilted to the left.
I had a tickly nose and was cold down my right side.

I got a vision of what looked like the front of a galleon, very colourfully decorated coming from my right.
I suddenly got cold all over.
It now looked light and yellow in the room to me.

I turned the music back up for the last few tunes, neither of us had reported any noises in the room and I heard nothing on the recording.

We both drifted in and out of sleep during the last couple of tunes.
Liz found herself at a train station waiting for travellers.

The music finished and Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

While she was sending out healing I noticed the room filling up with a silver/grey mist.
Then when she was sending light and healing to those who had passed but were confused and still on the physical plane, I saw lots of twinkling lights near the ceiling. They were all arch shaped like little bridges…