This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

32nd Sitting 01/05/2014


We had the room set up as usual and all sat in the same places.

The last few weeks we’ve had a few minutes silence during our sitting to listen for any noises or voices but this week decided to keep the music playing throughout but to turn the volume down a bit for the last half of the sitting.
This was following advice from an independent voice medium who didn’t recommend us developing independent sounds or voices in silence.

We started with the rainbow bridge exercise at 8.30pm.

At first Liz got silver, like a great shining silver lake or estuary. Then on her right was a long straight metal bridge and over on the other side a wonderful landscape with an enormous round white temple on a hill with trees and a large area of flat land around it with lots of people. Liz wanted to get there quickly and as she crossed the bridge she met a white horse and cart driven by a white robed monk who she recognised as St Columba. He pulled her up into the cart, put his arm and cloak around her and took her to the temple where there were many white robed priests and also Buddhists. Outside the temple were plants for healing and inside a great mirror reflecting the sun and moon, radiating it out to the earth and there were rainbows coming from it. There was a large healing pool and he invited Liz to bathe in it. He wanted her to know she was part of all this and could come back at any time. He then took her back on his cart…   

Rich met a shepherd again on the bridge who took him over to the other side which was a dessert. They walked across it coming to an oasis which then turned into a jungle. They walked through the jungle and met a jaguar before coming back…

I started off on a rocky beach. I had trouble getting over the rocks which were covered in green moss and very slippery. The bridge looked a bit dilapidated and covered in green lichen but as I walked over it the atmosphere got brighter and the bridge became cleaner and newer. I got to a point where everything was so bright it hurt my eyes so I stopped and waited to see if anyone came over from the other side. A black knight appeared on a horse and as he passed he lifted his face visor and I saw there was no one in it just an empty suit of armour. Then another horse came by ridden by a clown who smiled at me as he went by. A third horse appeared ridden by a cartoon girl, possibly sleeping beauty, and as she passed she said they can be anything they liked on their side. It was now time to go back and as I left I saw a cartoon cat, like Tom from Tom and Jerry, waving good bye…

I had felt light touches in my hair and on my face during my visualisation.

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

Rich had a tingly feeling down his right arm and felt something brush against the back of his right arm.
Liz was itchy on the right side of her head.

Liz was starting to see white blobby things moving around the room.
Both Rich and I reported misty white light around our peripheral vision.
Rich kept getting the feeling light was getting into the room but it wasn’t.
Liz now thought it looked like a web of light in the room, a large cobweb with holes in it.

I thought it was starting to look darker with a few white wispy bits floating about.
Liz said the atmosphere was milky grey.
Rich saw a pin-prick light flash on and off above Liz.

I was seeing various lights that looked like cracks in the darkness opening then closing.
Liz and Rich confirmed they were seeing this as well.
Then Rich reported a bright blue blob in the centre of his vision.
We all thought the room felt alive and charged.

I felt a tickle on my right leg and right wrist.
My knees and feet were cold and the air around my face felt cold.
It felt like there was a presence in front of me.
I now had a white/blue blob in front of me.

I got a strong fuzzy feeling on the right side of my right leg and a few seconds later it crept round to the front of my leg before disappearing.
Liz had a fuzzy feeling on her left side and said it looked very dark to her left.
Rich was cold on his right side.
Liz and Rich both felt there was a presence between them.

Liz sensed an old fashioned writing desk and feather quill pen.

We all heard a thud near Liz and it came out on the recording…


Interestingly Liz had just asked if there was somebody in the room to let us know somehow.

Rich saw the ceiling light up for a few seconds but it went dark again as soon as he reported it.
Liz was getting the sense of a teenage boy.
I felt he may be the one making noises in the room.

Rich had a buzzing feeling in both arms and both legs.
Liz had a similar feeling in her left arm and leg and also her right hand index finger.

Liz sensed a female presence. She had an ornate ruff around her neck and a star shape around her head. Elizabethan?
Rich got an image of a Spanish galleon. The sails were down.

Rich had a tingling down the back of his legs.
Liz felt like someone was holding her left arm.

I saw the ceiling light up for a second.
Rich and I both thought the room looked sparkly.
Rich saw three pin-prick lights in a vertical line.

Rich had a feeling on both ears. It wasn’t a pressure but felt like cupped hands were held against them or he had ear muffs on.
He got a message that the team were still building up the energy at the moment.

Rich also got the feeling he was being lifted up, becoming buoyant, and a sense of steam or energy coming off him.

Liz got the name Sheila.
Liz then kept getting images of lozenges, a box of cough sweets, and she got the name Tim.
Rich got the image of a Mexican step pyramid.

We were now halfway through our sitting so I turned down the volume of the music but still kept it playing.

My knees got very cold again.
Rich heard a faint tap, tap on the wall opposite him.
Rich and I then both heard a click near the cabinet which was to Rich’s right.

Liz got the word Frogs.
Then she had a sense of being a fish slowly swimming through water. She could sense a scaly skin.
She drifted off for a while.

It was getting brighter to my right.
Then I heard a click to my left.

The recorder picked up a kind of ratchet noise which none of us heard at the time…


Rich and I both heard a couple more taps.

My legs felt fuzzy again and the atmosphere looked milky.

Rich heard a ‘boing’ noise like we heard last week but I didn’t hear it this time.

Liz got an image of a lady in dark blue uniform with a peeked cap.
Possibly police or armed forces.
She got the name Olive.
Then she saw a fire warden pulling people out of rubble during the war.
Liz’s head kept being twisted to her right.

I felt a touch on my left leg.
Then I heard a click to my left.

Rich asked the team to give us a couple of clicks to let us know it was them.
We waited but didn’t hear anything.

Liz got the name Francis Falconer.
Then she got Wednesday William.

Rich and I heard a slightly louder click and it was picked up by the recorder…


I asked them to do it again, we waited but they didn’t.

Liz was now getting images of tunnels and air-raid shelters.

The music CD ended.

We all thought it had been an excellent sitting with a lot more happening than usual.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…