This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

15th Sitting 21/11/2013


We had the room set up as usual and as always started at 8.30pm with the ‘Rainbow Bridge’ visualization exercise then compared notes afterwards…

Liz found herself in a meadow with yellow and pink flowers walking towards a lake with a flat wooden bridge going over it. It was a very basic looking bridge like it was made out of packing cases. Over the other side she could see a flat landscape with farm animals, carts, hay stacks like a kibbutz with a friendly feeling. It also gave her the feeling of being Dutch and she noticed she was wearing clogs!!! She saw a man with long white hair she recognised as a guide with a white horse pulling a hay cart. The feeling this all gave her was of a simple life and contentment…

I started off on a grassy bank and noticed the bridge was yellow. Also the water beneath it and the sky above it were yellow and as I walked across I found I was wearing a yellow suit!!! With all this yellow about I wasn’t surprised to meet Freddie with his yellow jacket on half way across. He took me a bit further over and I saw on the other side white Indian type buildings looking a bit like the Brighton pavilion. Then they folded down like cardboard cut-outs and all I could then see was a white mist. Freddie explained that the mist was where he now resided and the buildings were just an illusion for people when they first went over. As Freddie returned to the other side I saw what looked like sheet music flowing behind him…

I was seeing blobs in front of me and felt a pressure on my forehead between doing the ‘Rainbow Bridge Exercise’ and saying the opening prayer.

Then during the opening prayer when I welcomed our spirit friends I said it felt like they were here already and at that point there was a loud click on the heater that we’d turned off just before sitting. The click we put down to the sound of it cooling down but the timing was impressive!!!

I put the music on.
I saw mist to my right.
Then more blobs in front of me, they were floating down from the ceiling then going left.

Liz saw a bluish mist and a few dark shapes moving around.

We both reported seeing a network of branches in the room.
To me it looked like fibre-glass matting and Liz agreed with that description.

Liz saw a red patch in front of her.

I saw a flash to my right, then two flashes above me.
Liz saw a few sparks.

I was getting very cold, particularly on my right.
I sensed my friend was standing there again.
I had a fuzzy feeling on my right leg.

Liz saw what she described as a rippled, fuzzy, distorted shape above the table.
It looked blobby again in front of me. This time the blobs were floating upwards.

I felt a light tickly touch like a feather on the back of my left hand.
I saw a bright pin-prick flash on and off above the table.

Liz was now getting a visual pattern like elongated arches floating upwards.
She said it was like looking at the rings in a tree trunk that had been squashed.
Then she saw horizontal platted shapes like a snake skin.

I felt a buzzing vibration on my legs just above the knee which lasted about 30 seconds.

Liz felt herself being drawn into a mint green honey-comb.
She felt someone with her merging into her energy. She recognised the person and had known him when she was 13 years old. She felt emotional.

I saw two lights drifting upwards and disappearing where Liz was sitting opposite me.

Liz had a tingling on the top of her head and a freezing/burning sensation. She had dark encroaching on her. She felt she was being veiled, cradled, just looking out through her eyes like she was in a burka.

I felt something on my right ear.
Liz saw some flashes near me.
She saw a rolling mist.

Liz was warm but felt a cool breeze around her legs.
I was cold all over.
I had a fuzzy feeling on my right leg then felt a cool breeze coming from my right.

I drifted off for a while and experienced a person I had known when I was 13 years old which gave me a feeling of emotion. Interestingly this mirrored Liz’s experience earlier.
In both cases the personal memories we both got were connected with someone encouraging creative talents at an early age.

My nose became blocked and itchy.

Liz got a strong sense of a black tulip.
She was getting impressions of things to do with art or artists.

I got a buzzing vibration on my legs again for about 30 seconds.

I was aware of light to my right.
Liz confirmed it looked bright there too.

Then I noticed something light up for about two seconds on my lap then again near the table.
Liz saw a couple of flashes near me at the same time.

We both drifted off for about ten minutes during the last two tunes.
When I came back I recalled hearing a few words…

At first I heard ‘Virtual reality’ repeated a few times and then something like…

‘We’re not hiding from you, you can sense us everywhere. We are the wind, the rustle of the leaves in the trees; the rain on your face is us touching you… We are in the music you listen to and the art you look at… Don’t think of us as just people or entities…’

The music CD ended and once we were both back with it again Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…