This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

106th Sitting 25/05/2016


We had everything setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the first tune on.

We did the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise.

Liz started off on a terrace of stepping stones like individual stages or pedestals, a performing area. On each one there were dancers like water spirits dancing a ballet in classical ballet dress. As Liz watched them they became lighter and lighter and she found herself dancing with them as they went right up into the air, the place was teeming with dancers. Liz found herself dancing with a male dancer like a duet, it was like the polarity of male and female which seemed to be very important. This then transposed into a circus with acrobats. They were being pulled up in a spiral with an umbrella, white but rainbow coloured as well and it went to the top of the big top. Liz was then a solo trapeze artist and she was passing and swapping trapezes with the male trapeze artist, swapping sides, swapping roles, male to female, jumping from one to the other and then right in the middle they had to come together into one trapeze and were pulled up into the umbrella, this spiral of energy and they seemed to turn into an enormous tree and the tree bore the male and female blossom and fruits. It was like Liz was shown the importance of the male and female in everything. The clouds in the sky were full of light but also dark, the dark and the light, the male and female, negative and positive, all opposites and polarities held together in this immense multi coloured rainbow umbrella. It was intrinsic and inbuilt into the whole of creation. Liz then saw a classroom with children and wooden desks briefly suggesting this was a lesson…

I started off walking through giant green grass about seven feet tall. All I could see was grass and the sky if I looked up. The grass felt soft to the touch and smelt good, it was a very pleasant place to be. It then occurred to me that maybe this wasn’t giant grass but I had shrunk to the size of an ant walking through a lawn. I thought if this was the case then I hope a lawn mower doesn’t come along and run me over and as I thought that I heard the sound of an approaching lawn mower! I couldn’t see where it was so just braced myself for the inevitable and sure enough it went right over me and I found myself in the darkness of the grass box thankfully unharmed. I heard voices and realised there were other people in there so I asked them how do we get out? but they all said why worry about getting out, it’s nice in here laying on this soft grass with nothing to do and if you get hungry you can eat the grass which is really tasty. I tried eating a bit of grass and it was very nice but I still wanted to get out and I then suddenly found myself outside walking down a busy street full of people rushing around, pushing each other as they all tried to go about their busy daily lives. It was like I’d gone from one extreme to another. I then got the idea that life should be a balance between this busy lifestyle and having nothing to do and the scene changed again as everybody started to help each other, they were all doing the things they enjoyed for everybody else, there was no more rushing around as everybody now found time to relax, get on with each other and enjoy life in peace and harmony…

I then put the music back on as we continued the session…

I started to see flashes above me and to my sides as the atmosphere began looking livelier and charged.
Then I started to see bright blobs coming and going.

The music finished and Liz began to speak…

‘It’s like being in the belly of a great beast, like Jonah and the Whale; I hear the birds outside perched in the trees, chaffinch… I feel there’s a doctor with his bag of tools come to cut me out by caesarean section from the belly of the whale… A ladder, a ladder takes me to the light. Somewhere voices singing. Now I have three options, to die, to be born or to transmigrate. The song is very important because the song that I hear contains all that I have learnt to remind me, almost like a ladder to help me to extricate myself from the belly of the whale. Music… it’s the soul food. So David played his harp to Saul bringing him out of the black, despair… and I have with me a friend, corduroy trousers and tweed jacket, rough hair, spectacles, he knows the value of the ladder, of the music, of the doctor who can bring you out of the belly of the whale. For many it’s so hard to extricate themselves from the mundane. Magic path, the exit, the chink in the armour, it’s not always obvious or easy to find. Look to the birds, to the bird’s song, to the pattern, those patterns in nature are like the thread, Ariadne’s thread, I can pull you out, up, for you to find your way, out of the land of the dead into the light. These are the words of the doctor’

‘Hirondelle, beyond death, this is the name of the lark… It’s vision…’

‘I have these artists and writers with me, these creative souls are attempting to record the patterns, the pathways out of the beast, the paths to light, attempting to map the journey, these attempts should be lorded not diminished, they’re noble attempts’

‘He said Hirondelle Meleth’s father, I keep seeing a boat and a message for Lark Battau, thank you’

‘Maundy Thursday’

‘Cuthbert again and a thin lady, she’s dressed like a nurse or a nun, light blue, got the name Heidi’

‘Got a sense of sealing wax, wax for sealing with, the apostle, focus one’

‘Cuthbert, quietude, peace’

‘It’s like being on a train, just a sense of journeying, going through tunnels, different time frames, feel a slight right through the heart of England but England is a concept, it’s actually maintained in truth for a very brief time, it’s like one pearl on a string of pearls’

‘Peter… Peter and Silver seem to be one, a sense of looking for a larger perspective, overseeing some ceremony. A green and pleasant land, there’s a lot of green, greening, mass migration to the south, fiscal, settling into green’

‘I’m getting George again, feeling of someone with testimonials, looks like a war hero, medals, badges, stripes, wanting to re-write military history. He’s with the Kremlin, crowded in with lots of people’

‘This is where I get a sense of wanting to reach up and switch on the light, see clearly, it’s rather muddled, Valentino, I can’t comment’

I asked… ‘Can you imagine turning a light on, that may help you to see?’

‘Tractors or tanks, stations, terminus. I get the feeling I’m looking at an old bull or like a Thomas the Tank Engine, training. Somebody is shouting Sudbury. Just a breather, fresh air… I think that’s enough… A lot of farmland here, Jack…’

Liz started to come back and said it was like being in the dark trying to see something, being in quite a few places but out of sync, out of focus, a feeling of swords in ploughshares.

Once Liz was feeling back with it I did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…