This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

98th Sitting 23/03/2016


We had the room setup as last week.
I had made a new CD with fewer tunes on it as we were going to continue sitting in silence for a while after the last tune.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We did the Rainbow Bridge visualization exercise.

Liz started off on a bridge in a town that reminded her of Manchester with a canal going under it. She remembered when she worked at the university there and began to see people from the university, professors, scientists, and then a man appeared who seemed to be from Victorian times, white beard, short hair and wearing scientist’s overalls. As Liz talked to him he changed into a magician with black hat and magic wand. He was doing crazy magic and then a crazy dance and Liz danced with him. The scene then changed and Liz was in Tunisia amongst fig trees and then it changed to other places and Liz realised that what she really wanted was to find the most beautiful place on Earth, the most perfect place to live in and as this was a magician he should be able to show her. She then found herself in a band of people in simple flowing togas. Liz had the feeling it was South America in the Andes, high up and they seemed to be very much a community, a unified community living in the hills and mountains. Liz had the feeling that this was a very good pure community with good values, it was beautiful and people were playing wind instruments. Liz asked… ‘What about now, how can I make the most beautiful place and bring it into being?’ and she got the feeling the woods would be fine or wherever she chose, opportunities would arise, it was a question of just being free to take them and go to these places to make it happen but you had to be prepared to let go of other things in order to achieve that. It was possible for people to create this and even if that scenario changed there would be others, it’s not a static thing, it can always be found…

I started off standing in front of a pillar box about to post a letter and as I did this I became the letter and felt myself dropping into the pillar box. I still had human form and there were lots of other people in the pillar box all with addresses written on them waiting for the post man to open it. He eventually arrived and when he opened the box we all flew out up into the sky then headed off in different directions towards are destinations. I was flying west towards Cornwall and as I flew I saw other people flying by, crossing my path heading to their own destinations. I eventually reach the house I was heading for and went through the letter box. The letter became a letter again and I seemed to be looking down at it on the mat. A man picked it up, opened it and I felt the reaction and emotion he felt from what was in the letter. I then seemed to go higher and could now see the whole of the UK and saw of all the places where letters were arriving and I felt all of the different emotions felt by people from the messages on the letters. I saw it and felt it as one emotion made up of all the separate emotions, a sort of overall feeling produced by all the different emotions. I then became aware of all communications throughout the whole world, not just letters but phone calls, internet messages, etc… and also people just talking to each other face to face. I was aware of all this and how it made people feel and how it affected the overall feeling. I then asked to see what it would be like if everybody gave positive loving communications and I saw how this raised the overall emotional feeling and the effect it had on the people who then all wanted to be more positive and loving in the way they communicated with each other and this had a knock on effect raising the overall feeling even higher. I saw how our communications can have a positive or negative effect on everybody and the benefits of being positive and loving…

Again we noticed similarities in our visualisations as we both got to experience the creation of a beautiful positive place.

I put the music back on and we continued the session…

I soon felt pressure on my forehead and right ear.
I saw bright blobs build up in front of me.

I remained mainly awake this week just dropping off for about five minutes.
Liz remained aware throughout but felt she was in an altered state, half out of it.

The music ended and we continued to sit in silence…

Just before Liz started to speak I felt a change in the atmosphere. It was as if it had become suddenly charged and I heard a buzzing briefly above my head sounding a bit like a wasp flying past.

Liz then said…

‘Questions, all questions coming from everywhere, the questions, fruitful pathways, asking questions’

‘Going down this long tunnel, looking at the light at the end, rooms on either side and the doors are opening, each doorway leading to a question. Distractions and then carry on gliding along the tunnel towards the light’

‘My question is where are you now? The answer seems to be not so very far, with you now’

‘Can you make yourselves felt? Yes, sometimes if we want to, it’s a question of wanting but to many it’s as if the doors are closed in their faces, being shut out as if there’s a wall, keep bashing your head against the wall’

‘Someone said chicken feed’

‘I’ve got Iris’

‘It’s like a tin box, a tobacco tin, putting pennies in it’

‘I’ve a feeling somebody had glandular fever’

‘I’ve got Cuthbert again’

‘Don’t know where Caerphilly comes into it, the place or the cheese’

‘Francis or Frankie’

‘I have a sense of a great marquee like in a funfair or garden party, stripy, there’s clowns, perhaps it’s a circus? In a sense all these people are doing different acts, trapeze artists, lion tamers, a lot of fun, a lot of daring stunts, people on stilts, a sense of freedom and possibility, do and accomplish almost impossible things, wow factor things’

‘So is this what it’s like, like in a dream. It can be. Accustom yourself to surveying, purveying the spaces, the intervals in consciousness, in the everyday flow you get glimpses of a consciousness functioning in slightly different ways, not so fixed, shifting, shape shifting and that’s where we are, we all are, there isn’t really any separation, what you think is what you get’

‘So the dead are always with us, like the living, the body is only a temporary fixed point but often the embodied ones are roaming far from the fixed point and that’s where we are too, it’s just the embodied ones have this fixed point to come back to like a magnet but when the fixed point goes it’s still there but roaming free, mixing freely if we want with the embodied ones when they’re roaming too but our journeys take us much further and sometimes beyond the imagination so as you think so there you are and if you don’t think very much you don’t go very far, you stay fixed until something shifts you. So if we come you may not recognise us because we’re changing all the time but there’s little codes and signs that we can send or get… and the tobacco tin, check it out’

‘I’d just like to say thank you to all those who tried to make themselves felt to bring reassurance and messages and remembrances and to apologise for the times that we don’t recognise you but you know you’re all in our hearts and never forgotten. Please keep trying to make contact and don’t give up on us’

At one point while Liz was speaking I sensed large birds like flamingos in a circle around her, looking at her. I then sensed an object about the size of a shoe on the floor to my left turning and reflecting light. This was followed by a wooden park bench and I sensed myself giving it a karate chop, breaking it in half.

Liz wasn’t feeling totally back with it.

I did the healing exercise, closing prayer and closing down exercise by which time she felt fine...