This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

97th Sitting 16/03/2016


We changed the room setup this week doing away with the cabinet. Liz sat at the west point round the table and I sat in the east. It was the same setup that we used to use.
We also changed the music to an earlier selection that included sing-along songs.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the music on.
We did the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise…

Liz started off dancing with shadows of people around her. She was on a beach with lots of pools and hard sand. It was twilight with moon and stars. They seemed to be drifting out to sea all holding a silk cord like a rope that then turned into a rope ladder and then a rope bridge. Liz felt herself being pulled from the other dancers and wanting to cross over the sea on this silken bridge which then turned into a silver escalator going up and up. Liz then felt like she was in an airport lounge. There were lots of trees around on the upper floors and she came to a large platform like a waiting room, like a parkland with rose trees and bushes. Liz thought this may be a reception area and wondered if her cousin Laurie was there waiting. She pictured him then saw him and went over to ask how he was and what he was waiting for. He was really pleased to see her as he wasn’t sure what he was meant to be doing or where he was going. Liz said… ‘Where would you like to go?’ And he said… ‘Home’ Liz then said… ‘Where do you think home is?’ He was trying to think when Liz suggested it might be Israel and would he like to meet some of his relatives and then some who had passed came towards him and he was pleased to see them. Liz was able to say goodbye as they would be able to look after him and take him to a convalescent centre as he’d been ill. Liz said goodbye and went on to explore this place. There were lemon trees and any fruit trees she wanted were there. Liz realised she could have any tree she wanted, she could just create them, it went on and on, the most incredible combination of plants and flowers and vegetable gardens. There was a play going on like The Tempest and she saw a school for children. It was as endless place and you could create any scenario you wanted there…

I started off looking out the window of my house watching the dustcart coming down the street. All the dustbins were out on the pavement waiting to be emptied. They were the old style metal bins and I noticed that my bin was gold. As the dustcart pulled up outside my house a man dressed in white robes appeared, went up to my dustbin, took the lid off and climbed in. I watched with interest as the dustman picked it up to empty it in the dustcart but nothing came out, it was empty. He put it back and when the dustcart had gone I went out to look inside the bin. Sure enough it was empty so I decided to climb in it myself and put the lid on behind me. I then got a spinning, descending feeling and saw lights spinning around me. I was next aware of people in front of me and found myself standing on a stage in front of an audience. Either side of me were several other people, they appeared to be actors all dressed up in costumes and it was as if a play had just finished and the audience were clapping. Then the curtain came down and we all turned round and walked to the back of the stage where they all removed their costumes and put on white robes. I noticed there was one white robe still hanging up so removed my clothes and put it on. We all then went out of a door into bright green fields and countryside. We kept walking until we came to a large table in a clearing where we sat down around it. Everybody started to talk about the part they had played and what they had achieved in the play. They then discussed what part they would like to play next. When they asked me I felt a bit confused and didn’t know what to say. They told me not to worry as I have plenty of time to think about it, I should just relax and enjoy this place. I could stay as long as I wanted, lots of people will come and give advice but at the end of the day it’s entirely up to me what I do next…

It was interesting that we’d both ended up in a waiting room for the afterlife this week.

I put the music back on and we continued the session…

I felt a strong pressure on my forehead.
I saw a lot of movement in the room, misty waves and then bright blobs.

I saw a few close-up faces coming and going, none that I recognised.

Liz saw a face peeping up at her.

Liz got the name George and then a bicycle.

I felt something tickling inside my right ear.

Liz then said…

‘I appear to be watching a little boy with crutches’

‘I’ve got the name Cuthbert and an image of a castle, crenulations and cork, a feeling of cork but cork is a place in Ireland… and a donkey’

‘Got the name Brenda’

‘I’ve just seen, and I know who it is, my friend Dotty… Dotty has a big umbrella with her and she is reminding me of the African saying… Life isn’t about hiding from the storm waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain… I’ve got a lot of love coming from Dotty, she’s happy’

I asked if she had been over for a long time.

Liz replied…

‘I don’t know, I don’t even know if she has passed’

‘Seem to be walking through a forest of firs, Douglas firs’

‘I’ve got cobwebs in my hair’

‘Coming back to the fir trees, there’s a sense of matches, the juxtaposition of the two, be careful of fires in the woods children’

‘I had Silver earlier, came with the word sterling first and then Silver. Lots of people around. For some reason I keep getting marmalade, got a feeling there’s a lesson to be learnt, I want to ask what the lesson is’

‘There’s a black and white striped tie and a sense of bell pulling, a school, like a football field’

‘Got an image of a snail, snail trail, travelling snails are very slow, this is the sense of patience the slow path. Got a sense that with patience everything will be spelled out, will come right, it’s a slow process. There’s a lot of trust involved but the very real thing that survives and that shines through is love, the connection where there’s been true friendship, that does survive. Those links and ties, it’s in the eyes, it’s especially when you share the sense of the same reality, the same space, the same truth’

The music ended.

Liz continued…

‘Just got a sense of a fox in firs as in fir trees… Crustaceans… Got this strong sense of the Earth being a school, the actual Earth itself following nature in the trees and the whole journey, the whole evolutionary development of the Earth. The great learning devise, menagerie of marbles, raven affirming it to be the case… There was something important about the Douglas firs… Just like to say thank you to Dotty for being there and reminding me of her friendship’

It had taken Liz a while to realise who it was when she had the feeling of Dotty. She’d known her about 45 years ago.

Liz continued… 

‘Just trying to get the feeling if there was anything more coming through while we have this space… I still seem to be amongst trees, fir trees… Yellow, yellow, got a name like Yoland… Got the name Brenda again…’

We continued to sit for a while. Liz could sense a lot of people around.
The atmosphere looked very light to me. I saw a few images of people moving around the room and they looked distorted or out of focus.
Liz felt like she was in a comfortable space with a sense of friends, close but not pushing.
She had the sensation she was many and just one, the boundary was shifting.
She felt a wave of energy going through her throat and mouth; she felt they could talk through her.
She felt that this was the space in which we could get communication, a clear uncluttered space like a clearing in the trees.
She got Rupert Brooke the poet.
She felt that much of the inspirational source, poetry, music, art, drama is being played out, perfected in these other more esoteric levels and we are linked.
Liz got the sense of the Diamond, all part of that group, multifaceted, that we’re linked.
She felt it’s this clearing, this space that will be most productive and it’s important to keep this space at the end of the session, not to rush, to preserve a clear space. It doesn’t have to be very long, it’s just the knowing that it’s there and that’s the time they’ll drop her the evidence that she’s asked for.

We decided that next week we would sit with a shorter period of music and then make more use of the time afterwards to see what connections or communications we could get.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…