This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

96th Sitting 09/03/2016


We had the room setup as usual.
I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, tuned out the light and put the music on.
We began with the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise…

Lit started off on a large strand of sand watching the silvery light on the sea, the sun was setting and she was aware there were flamingos and gulls with red feet. Liz was calling out in her mind to be taken to the other side over a rainbow bridge. Then suddenly she found herself surrounded by flowers walking up a hillside looking down at the beach and sea. As she went up she saw children playing and goats and loads of yellow flowers and trees in blossom, a beautiful place. She looked up and above her at the top was a figure in a robe with a beard and long red hair. Liz climbed up and asked him what this place was, what was special about it and he said it is the place for the feeding of the lambs and the lambs were the children and the food was knowledge and wisdom. He took Liz to an enormous cavern and they went inside. It was like a great temple inside and on the walls it was like films were playing. He told Liz that these were the sum total of knowledge, all that is known was here, you’re seeing it as a film but that was just a construct, a way of understanding. He said the children are brought up here to be cleansed and to be exposed to the seven winds. The teachings on Earth are corrupt and not the full teachings. The truth is here for all to see and in order for the children to have access to their heritage they are brought here during the night. He said children gradually slip and become under the thumb of their Earth teachings. They lose the ability to go inside themselves and find the truth. He told Liz she could come here anytime but it was within her, it wasn’t an external place…

I started off standing on a very dry clay surface watching drips of water slowly falling from the sky, one at a time, forming a puddle in front of me. I watched as the puddle got bigger and bigger and then it was as if time was fast forwarded when I found myself looking out at a huge ocean. The dripping had stopped and I watched the waves coming up towards me then receding. One wave then came right up to me covering my feet and as it did so my feet turned to water, then my legs and the rest of me turned to water and I disappeared into the sea. I became one with the sea, I was the sea, I could sense waves lapping up at shores all over the world, I sensed streams running down from the hills and into me and sensed the water evaporating, forming clouds and raining back down to Earth. I was all the water of the Earth and felt this powerful feeling of unconditional love for all the creatures of the world as I wanted to provide life for them. I felt that they too would eventually become one with the sea…

I put the music back on and we continued our session.

I felt a pressure on my forehead and right ear.

I was seeing wavy light in the room and then bright blobs in front of me.

Liz had a picture in her mind like ‘Dickson of Dock Green’ Just his face. She saw him smiling and giving a thumbs-up with a lantern next to him.
She got the word travesty or transvestite.

I felt wide awake and was determined to stay awake this week but after about ten minutes I lost consciousness. I remember waking up several times for short periods but didn’t wake up fully till a few seconds before the end of the last tune and from then onwards felt wide awake again.

About half way through the session Liz said…

‘Lions roaring… they’ve got grey… The word aphrodisiac… stalemate, Tennessee linked to driving licence’

The music ended and I asked Liz if she had any more to say and she continued…

‘I’ve just got cufflinks… got a vision of hoops, golden hoops like a croquet ball being knocked through them, something to do with Lewis Carroll… snow dragon… golden lilies’

‘I keep getting an African face, an old man… a snake, a very vivid lime green snake skin pattern’

‘Gladiolus… Louisiana…’

‘Got the words dereliction of duty’

During the opening prayer I had asked for some guidance from the team for Liz’s mediumship development and she ended the session with these words…

’I have the feeling this wasn’t a very fruitful way of sitting, I feel I haven’t been sufficiently attentive, I’ve been letting my mind wander. I have the feeling I should be holding it in a still place like a mirror. It’s not a question of just drifting and not doing anything, it’s a question of being attentive, paying attention. It’s a subtle distinction between being in neutral and idling, being in neutral but being attentive and focused. A longer period of preparation is good. It’s a very rarefied opportunity, it’s not like going to the pub, you can daydream and drift anywhere. Intention needs to be sharpened so my feeling is I’ve had a wasted opportunity, I’m sorry. It’s not a failing, just need to be more scientific, more focused intent, a subtle balance between open attentiveness and wilfulness. Don’t want the wilfulness but openness with intent’

‘I think that quality of a clear blue sky and your being in the sea is a good one to hold onto. So preparation is trying to hold that state which is a form of meditation so you’re not drifting off into dreams or trains of thought but maintaining this still clear surface, unruffled surface, attentive, waiting, in neutral but ready to respond, ready to receive. It’s like holding a space open, keeping it clear and not allowing clutter’

‘I’m asking how do you know what’s the clutter and what’s a genuine message, a genuine visitation? I get silver, it’s a quality, it’s both clear and fleeting, I get an image of Pegasus, a flying horse. I had ‘Grey’ and that was real, okay, thank you for that’

‘I feel this is a little bit of a teaching. I just get the feeling this is preparing me, it’s like we’re bottles and we’re being cleaned out ready for stuff to be poured in, there’s a bit of a wall there, they’re not ready to pour yet so I don’t think there’s anything to be said, they’re all poised, it’s all there, not quite, bit more cleaning up to do, bit more cleansing of the vessel but getting there. It’s that feeling if the vessel isn’t clean the wine will turn into vinegar, I can understand that, it’s not just a passing process it’s a bit of work to be done, not to be disappointed, there are true words there, a lot of solid foundation. The image of spring, lots of new growth, just laying the foundations’

‘Got an image like getting out of an airplane with a parachute, it’s that sense that you have to be ready to take a plunge as it were into the unknown, have the trust and the confidence that you’re not going to crash land… having the courage’

I then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…

Afterwards we talked about possible changes in the way we sit for next week.