This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

91st Sitting 27/01/2016


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge Visualisation…

Liz found herself walking through marshy waterlogged grassland towards what looked like a stony river with water rushing through it from a waterfall. Liz decided to make it a smooth river so it was easier to cross and on the other side found a vast stretch of sand and dunes going down to the sea in the distance. It had a wonderful sense of space. Then coming towards her Liz saw a young man with dark hair and beard carrying a coracle boat. He asked Liz if she wanted to go out in the boat with him and she did so they went out to sea. He put up a sail which looked like a large plastic fertiliser bag and then turned into a proper sail. Liz felt very secure in this boat; it was like a round tub bobbing on the sea. He asked Liz where did she want to go and she thought at first France and then the Islands somewhere but they didn’t seem to be going anywhere just this sense of endlessness, incredibly peaceful. It became dark and the stars were brilliant. Liz wanted to get closer to them and a rope ladder appeared which she started to climb but then realised she didn’t need it, she could just fly to the stars. She felt like there were three or four people holding her as she sailed upwards. It was an adventure, a journey and she wasn’t quite sure where it was going just this sense of mystery, magic and ascension…

I started off visualizing myself walking in a place I regularly walk. There were horses to my left and then I crossed a bridge and turned left. I decided to just watch myself turn left and disappear into the distance while I as another part of myself carried on walking straight ahead which I found very hard to do. It was as if I was stuck and each time I tried to move forward I sprang back like I was on an elastic band. I asked a tree if it could help me and it suggested I just focus on something in the distance and I’ll be there. There was another tree ahead of me which I focused on and then found myself there. I then saw an old white house in the distance and again got there by focusing on it. I was on the roof of the house feeling I wanted to meet somebody when I saw a busy city in the distance so got myself there. People were walking hurriedly in all directions, not stopping, looking like a blur. Then I spotted an old man sitting across the street and joined him there. He looked up at me with kind eyes and told me he couldn’t understand why everybody was always on the move as they were missing everything, their attention was always focused on where they were going and they were missing the passing scenery. I thought this was like what I had been doing. He went on to explain how important it was in life to take in everything you experience and not to keep your attention focused on just the end of each journey…

I put the music back on and we resumed the session…

I soon started seeing moving bright blobs and mists in the room.
It looked lighter to my left.
The room then went a bluish colour.

Liz began to speak…

‘I’ve got golden fleeces… sheep… I seem to be by the church where Sheila had her funeral… these woolly fleeces, it’s something to do with Sheila and feeding the lambs. There’s a spinning wheel, spinning a yarn, a shaggy sheep’s story, tails of light, spinning a yarn and weaving a golden fleece to make a garment of light’

‘Semaphore, sign language, tell it as it is, tell the truth… and that’s sign language, a semaphore’

‘Got the name Christabel’

‘I have pearly gates… I wanted to ask for a clearer indication from someone of what happens when you die to those we love. Where are they now, what happens… The answer is just the difficulty of telling… of semaphore, of signs, but Sheila is referring to the shaggy sheep stories, the pearly gates… Pearl seems to be important; it’s like a nugget of light. It’s as if I’ve woken up on the inside of a cave or cavern but I find there’s a whole world, a whole reality going on. Inside is like a step from the outside but now I’m contained on the inside’

‘A woman with long grey hair, she says her name is Catherine, she’s reminding me of a lady who taught at school’

‘I have a sense of being shown basket weaving; feeding the foxes, but there’s just things to do, creative crafts… A sense of these lovely peaceful ladies serenely busy but in a delightful and creative way, making things, spinning of golden fleeces, working with pearl’

‘I get the feeling the world we create inside becomes our new world when this outside has fallen away. The importance of practising what we delight in… choirs and music, see those strange pictures of angels with harps of gold and pearly gates, it’s the semaphore, images brought to the outside of things in the inside, the music… footsteps in the sand, the colours’  

‘Sheila brought me to that church again and I don’t know if we should have Fred on our healing list… Silver… I get the feeling when you have gone beyond it is very difficult to convey what it’s like. I keep asking for more information, Silver is here… like silver shells and cockle shells’

‘I have a sense of sitting in a meditation circle of people, this silver light pouring down into this clearing and a sense of this incredible energy, magic. These are the holy situations that are difficult to convey because you have to be there. It’s the being there, being there and nowhere else, being there and everywhere. Being where you are, very different from the confusion and mental state we are in on the physical Earth, daily routines and thoughts, so much purer. It’s as if we’ve taken off our head a clamp, headphones that are pouring out chatter and instructions all the time. Suddenly take it off and just drink in perfect peace, presence. Stepping out of a noisy market or theatre into the brilliant light of the sun and the tranquillity of the fields, of the sea, that can’t describe it’

‘I keep coming back to an image of a bubble, it’s like the difference between seeing a bubble from the outside and then suddenly being the bubble inside, experiencing it from the inside’

‘I just get that image of the walls and fences falling away. It’s like a wind just passing over them and they’re just falling away’

‘Caroline, Caroline was going to do something, some sketches, caught up in something else, curtains, curtailed intention’

The music ended.

‘Silver says there will be satisfaction, Satisfaction and that’s the note to end on’

Liz still had the lady with the long grey hair with her, she was saying goodbye and Liz felt sad to see her go.

Once back with it Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…

(Two days after this sitting we noticed that it was held one year to the day of Sheila's passing)