This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

90th Sitting 20/01/2016


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned on the music and put the light out.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge visualisation…

Liz started off on round blue stepping stones in a spiral that seemed to be going through a water garden where there was a stone fountain. Liz tried to see rainbows in it but then realised she was looking for something beyond that, she wanted to go further. Liz could see some large stretches of water gleaming and made her way over a beautiful wide plaza of flagstones and at the edge it was like a Roman bath. There were steps down to a shallow pool with water lilies. The water was warm and Liz walked into it then swam on her back, it was very peaceful. There were white marble statues of men and women but with flowers. There was one enormous rose with nymphs and fairies. It was about the male and female and as Liz looked at the statue of this flower opening in the centre she could see the sticky pad on the carpel and the stamens and pollen, these sexual organs of the flower, male and female. Liz wanted to go beyond that, she felt this was like an entrapment. She saw that the pool came to the edge of the sea where there were rocks. Liz felt safe in the pool and the sea was getting choppy but she still wanted to go out in it as it was leading her towards the beyond. She started swimming in the sea and sensed a large hand descending from the sky towards her. She was aware of five fingers and asked ‘what is the significance of the number five’ It made her think of finger exercises and practicing on the piano and then she thought of the five planets that are going to be visible just before dawn for the next week. She was told there was always significance in everything. Liz wanted to know what the meaning was and she felt that we are still at a very elemental stage when she was told practicing was important. She asked what we were supposed to be practicing and the answer that came back was love…

I slowly became aware of a huge brick wall in front of me. It went on as far as I could see and I couldn’t see the top but there was a wooden door in the wall which I decided to go through. When I opened it I saw it was pitch black the other side and was unsure whether to go through or not but I wanted to go in and realised it was just fear stopping me so went through and the door shut behind me. I was now in total darkness and had the feeling I was floating upwards. Slowly I started to see vague outlines of shapes as it began to get light. A huge hand appeared and lifted me up and onto the back of what looked like a manta ray but it was flying like a bird. We flew through the air and I began to see more as it got lighter and lighter. There were green fields below us and then we flew over a mountain and swooped down again. I saw something bright shining like a star on the ground and as I thought about it the manta ray landed so I could get off and walk towards it. It was like a huge diamond about three metres across and as I looked into it I saw my face reflected and then saw many more faces inside. I touched it and it wobbled like a jelly but then the music stopped bringing an end to my visualisation…

I put the music back on and we continued our session…

Liz decided this week to just relax completely and see what came through to her.

The room soon started to look blobby and lighter to me.
I saw movement of shapes around my peripheral vision.

I felt a pressure on my right ear.

Liz remained very quiet.

After about 40 minutes Liz announced she had a sense of a cloud full of people.

She then got the words… ‘Radio silence’

Just as the music was ending she said…

‘It’s like a sort of ark’

Liz had been shown writing like text in a book several times during the session and felt she had to repeat what she saw but couldn’t bring it back. It was like a dream quickly fading away. She felt she had a lot of people with her and saw people running towards her including two black ladies.

I then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…