This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

30th Sitting 17/04/2014


We had new member ‘Rich’ join us this week and he sat to Liz’s left and to my right.
So we now have Liz in the west seat, Rich north and me in the east.
Otherwise all was set up as normal.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz found herself on a muddy river bank full of bulrushes and reeds. There was a bridge to her left but she didn’t want to go over that, choosing instead a shorter bridge to her right. It had no sides and seemed to be made up of wooden pallets. She crossed it and on the other side were wonderful fields full of yellow rape. She saw a grey dapple mare which she rode across the fields to a large nursery school complex, like a farm school. The children were very happy dancing and blowing bubbles, some dressed as fairies in cream dresses. They took Liz into the school where she met the teacher who gave her the feeling of Joan. She had 40’s style short blonde hair and blue dress. Liz felt the children were convalescing but they were full of joy. When it was time to return Liz found a giant dragon fly which flew her back to the muddy bank…

Rich went across his bridge and met a shepherd with a crook. He got the feeling he was an old friend…

For me the sky and water was very blue and there was a cool breeze. As I started to cross the bridge it felt as if instead of going forward I was ascending up into the sky which then changed to a yellow colour and the breeze got warmer. I met some black African looking children who were followed by adults carrying bags of oranges. They asked me to taste them. They were delicious, sweet and juicy and they gave me a couple of bags to take back to my side…

I did the opening prayer then put the music back on.

Liz was soon seeing blue/white blobby shapes moving around.
Rich saw them as well and could also see a mist in the room.
I could see a light mist each side of my vision.
Liz then noticed a few dim flashes.

My fingers were feeling charged and tingly.
Rich had a tingly feeling on the back of his head.

Liz saw white shapes flitting past.
Both Liz and I felt cold in front of our legs.

Rich was still seeing blue/white blobs and for a fraction of a second saw a face in one of them. It looked like a photo negative.

The atmosphere looked mottled to me.
Liz saw a dim light sweep down from the ceiling, and then she reported starbursts around the room.
Rich was cold around his neck.

I thought the room was looking lighter, I saw a few blobs and a pin-prick light to my right near the ceiling.
Liz described the atmosphere as a reddish dark.

It suddenly looked dark for a few seconds to me like a shadow had gone over me from behind into the room.
Liz felt a presence to her left.
Rich felt someone to his right and said it had gone very dark in that area.
Liz and Rich both felt someone was standing between them, they both reported tingly heads.
Liz said ‘I wonder who it is’
Then Rich heard in his mind ‘It’s me…’ followed by ‘You know me…’
Rich saw a light flash on and off between him and Liz. He thought it might be his guide.
Liz got the name Larry.

Rich was getting a whiff of damp sawdust.
Liz and I both reported touches in our hair.
Then I felt a light touch on the back of my right hand.
I noticed a lot of mist to my right and had touches on my right ear.

Liz felt she had someone to her left again. A tall slim man with a pointed beard, French or Spanish, a seafarer.

I felt warm on my face but my feet were freezing.
The room looked misty to me.
Liz thought it was dense and dark.

I picked up a smell. It was plant like, a bit like fresh leaves.

The American/Indian tune was playing and Liz felt overshadowed by her owl like friend. Then she sensed a middle aged stern Indian with a large feather headdress.
I felt somebody to my right. It looked bright and misty and I had a cold fuzzy feeling down my right side.

We reached the point where we pause the music for about two minutes and listen for any noises.

Rich and I immediately heard two clicks; there was a noise like a gurgly stomach that we all heard. We thought it was one of us but no one owned up to it and there were several more thuds, clicks and taps. None of them were very loud but you can just hear them on the recording…


Liz saw a few dim torch lights moving around while we sat in silence and I thought the room looked misty.

I put the music back on.

I noticed the atmosphere went darker as soon as the music started playing again.
I felt cobwebs over my face.
I picked up a smell like matches being struck.

Rich drifted off for a bit.

I had a big bright blob in front of me.

Liz felt a pressure and felt there was someone to her left again.
She felt pulling from her abdomen.
She saw a beaked nose and felt this person was Mediterranean. She got images of the Great Fire of London and a hobby horse; she got a map of the world and a globe. She felt this person was something to do with exploration. She got a spyglass and a telescope and then Magellan the 16th century Portuguese explorer.

The music came to an end.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…