This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

232nd Sitting 28/01/2021

We had a Zoom sitting.


Liz was wired to the Mind Mirror EEG.


Liz did the opening prayer as I tuned in and soon felt myself controlled.


The communication began...


‘Try to imagine your life devoid of feeling, devoid of emotion. Think of yourself as merely playing a part that has been written for you. You follow your lines; you learn your lines and you re-enact something that has already been created by something else. You are no longer the creator; you are merely acting that what has been created before you. Imagine if all life was like this, there would be no meaning, there would be no point in living. You as a piece of consciousness are a creative spirit, you are constantly creating, making something new, making something which has not been, that has not existed in the past. Your physical world may appear to be fixed and yet you have the power to change that world. It is merely a projection of your understanding. Change your understanding and that what you see, that what you touch will also change. You have that power within you and you are all using that power but you do not realise, you do not fully understand how life works and how life continues to work at the point of death from this physical universe. For at that time nothing has changed, you are still a creative spirit creating your reality using that what you understand, building on that understanding, enabling you to create something new, something more suited to that what you have become’ 


‘When you think of life beyond the physical world, your thoughts conjure up unusual conditions, alien conditions. But why should this be? If you are creating now and you create after your physical life then that what you experience must be the same, must follow on. Your understanding will not change until you put the effort in to change that understanding yourself. Put that effort in a positive direction and your world will become a brighter, kinder place, more colourful, wider, more complex’ 


‘Once you have left the physical world as you understand it, you will not realise that a change has been made for your life continues. The world you will now live in is still your creation but your memory can bring you back to the Earth. What you will understand as now is not so fixed for you will find yourself connected to so much more. You will feel the impact of the physical life but the details will fade. You will be given the opportunity to relive episodes throughout your life but your main concern is how you can grow, how you can increase your understanding in a positive way. There are many that will help you for they too are growing, are increasing their understanding and by helping you they are helping themselves. This is how all of life works. The more help you give, the more help you receive and everyone benefits. You as a creating spirit will continue. You will see opportunities presented to you and you alone will choose. As you adjust to a new environment you will better understand all those opportunities and you will select that what is most appropriate for a more positive understanding’


‘The words we give you will help you to understand but you yourself use that what you have, that what you have created within yourself to see the truth in all what we say, and know that truth. And to know that truth you have to experience that truth, we can only advise. We can only give you what we feel will resonate with you. Live life to the full, explore every avenue presented to you with a smile upon your face. Life is for living; life is to be enjoyed. When you lose that smile you have lost that connection to your true self. Step back and consider what has affected you to take that smile away and you will see it as just one blip in a world full of beauty. Turn and face that beauty and you will feel yourself recharged, that smile will return and those around you will also benefit. Stand tall in a world of confusion and you will see the sun. Stoop and all you will see is confusion. Thank you, thank you my dear friend, please continue with your wonderful experiment’


Liz... ‘Thank you friend’


Liz then tuned in and after a few minutes began to speak...


‘Saying grandson... It’s your grandad I think, just getting this feeling he’s coming, he’s showing himself as quite old, 70s, 80s, feeling his hands are wrinkled, maybe arthritic. His face feels broad but wrinkled and I feel a slight stoop. Giving me the image of a cup of tea, good strong brown tea in a white cup and saucer, at home and comfortable. He's come with a gardening image, little seeds springing up like watercress in a large seed tray. Getting an impression of a round table with a cloth on it, he’s brushing crumbs off the cloth, he wants to put something else on the table like a jigsaw puzzle, something he wants to do with you, some game he played. Getting the sense of Dinky cars. But there’s something he wants to play on the table, it’s time to get down to some play. I’m seeing match sticks. The cloth on the table is red checked. Got the word dahlia again’ 


This sounds like my dad’s dad. There was a table in kitchen used for eating and playing board games. I can’t remember if it was round or oblong. He did do gardening and grew vegetables and fruit as well as flowers. I can’t remember exactly what he grew but it probably included watercress and dahlias.


‘He’s showing me something quite strange, it looks like a long ice crystal, or could be something like a piece of rock wrapped in cellophane, but it’s long. It could even be a long jet of water coming out of a hose pipe but frozen in time. Could be a crystal or something that’s thick and viscus that’s flowing. Could be candle wax. It’s connected me with the pull on a bell, like a church bell, a long dangling piece of rope but why is it looking shiny?’


‘He’s giving me the sense of a dog’s lead, I'm seeing a dog with a large fluffy tail, baring it’s teeth like a snarl’ 


They had dogs but I don’t recall one with a large fluffy tail.


‘I'm just asking why is he here and what does he want to say to you and he’s saying he’s just loving being around, just potting around here, just hanging out with you’


Me... ‘Do you know which grandad this is?’


‘Let me ask him, he’s showing me a bicycle and scooter, I think it’s your mother’s father but at first I thought it was your father’s father. I'm getting the feeling of a house like a castle; I think it’s your father’s father’


Me... ‘It does sound more like my father’s father to me’


‘He’s showing me something that looks like a black rubber sheet, something you’d put down on the ground, maybe in a garage or a shed, or by the back door but it’s quite large. Something someone has put down to do some work on or cover the floor, a non-slip insulating mat. He’s giving me the sense of a big garage, lots of tools. He’s put an image into my head of an old rusty lawn roller at the back of the garage stuck in a corner’


This sounds to me like he’s trying to show Liz the pit he had dug in the garage to be able to work underneath the car. I mentioned this to Liz afterwards and she said she did have a feeling of a pit in a garage but didn’t mention it thinking it a bit too sophisticated to have in a private home garage so didn’t mention it. This highlights the importance of saying everything you get but at the same time we don’t know what’s coming from spirit or coming from our imagination.


‘I'm seeing an envelope, not sure what’s inside it? When I asked that question I saw coins. Victorian coins’


I used to collect old coins and I remember grandad looking out for old coins in his change, especially Victorian coins.


‘I got a flash of books, Rupert Bear books, from that period, children’s books. Whether they kept books at home or he read to you or he bought you a book, I'm not quite sure, it just flashed into my mind, children’s books. Like large annuals, bumper books. He’s giving me the feeling of little feet running around, a happy feeling of children being in the house. I don’t know if he showed it but he liked having you around, something he enjoyed but I don’t know if you realised that or whether he showed it. I’m seeing a Hornby train set, an engine, green and yellow. I’m getting sweets wrapped in cellophane like spangles, candy sweets. He’s giving me these impressions, just wants to share some memories with you so you know it’s him. Feeling him with a sleeveless pullover’


I remember children’s annuals upstairs that belonged to my dad and his brothers when they were kids. He used to have a jar of cough candy sweets which I sometimes ate but didn’t really like them.


‘He wants to go to the tunnel, like going down a long tunnel, it’s very dark, a sooty feeling. I’m sensing a grave with daffodils or spring flowers on it, which had a connection with the tunnel, it reminded him of the tunnel. He’s giving me the image of the flowers, bursting out into the light. I wonder if what he was showing me, the long ice crystal, was to do with the silver cord that linked him to all that he was showing and then it’s like he burst out into the spring. It's like he can still reconnect and potter in all that past’ 


‘I asked him what about the present, can you show me anything that Nick has been doing currently? and he just popped in the name Clorisa and a sense of a school desk, of studying. Something with speakers, like a radio. A small pot of paint and a brush. I’m seeing bottles of milk. Got the image of being just a hair breadth away, something about hair. I’m seeing a dark suit on a hanger, it’s like a suit you might have worn at a funeral, don’t think it’s black, more like navy’ 


I spend a lot of time sitting at my computer desk which has two speakers on it. Clorisa or the paint pot and brush don’t mean anything to me. I have cartons of oat milk but not bottles and I don’t have a suit.


‘Giving me a sense of a jar of marmalade, the old-fashioned jars, Robinsons, with a golliwog’ 


I used to collect the golliwogs from the marmalade jars and I have a vague memory of gran knitting a golliwog.


‘Getting a sense of tiles, black and white tiles, Victorian tiles like on a pathway or bathroom’


I can't remember this.


‘When I asked him what he’s doing now he just gave me the sense of watering the flowers’ 


‘Getting a strong sense of orange, the family connection, all the photographs. He just wants you to know the family is still strong, it’s still there just a hair breadth away but in consciousness it seems like a distance. It's like in a dream, when you come out of it it’s very hard to reconnect, to remember the dream, difficult to hold the connection, I think he’s finding it difficult. But it's like he’s holding a burning torch, just wants you to know that he’s there. I'm just getting this feeling of love and don’t know if that’s something he would have expressed when he was alive. That feeling is much more real now, he just wants to pat your hand and connect. He's got distant now, I'm feeling your grandmother there. She's got longer hair, looking younger and slim, very different feel about her, she feels purposeful. It's like she’s put on a pair of goggles, she’s doing her racing car, super speed, super efficiency. I'm just seeing driving down the roads and the country side going past fast. She’s connecting with you again with that, I think she was with you when you were in America, she’s showing me those long journeys with the countryside going past fast, big landscape, empty roads, that feeling of freedom. I’m seeing cactuses like in Mexico but I know you didn’t go to Mexico’


Me... ‘There were some in Arizona when we went there’


‘That would be it, those hot dry areas’


‘Got a sense of silver, silver clouds, it’s those words Hi Ho Silver, the cowboy thing, the Lone Ranger. I don’t think she never went to America but she would have loved to go and was there with you. I can’t imagine that grandparents live precariously through their grandchildren but they tune into the things that they appreciate, they enjoy to see you enjoying, and they encourage you in the things that you are doing that they most tune into’


‘Getting an image of marrows in the garden. Washing on the line dancing in the breeze. The birds being fed’


‘I was trying to see if they could make me aware of what they are doing in their spirit life but I just get the sense of exploring, adventure, and that’s your grandmother. She’s a force of nature pulling him to go with her in some of these explorations but he’s still pottering a little bit, he’s being drawn towards going a bit beyond now, expanding his horizons but she’s already been doing that. Seeing a hot air balloon, being able to go high so that you can see everything, get an overview, a panorama. As you do that you are dropping all the ballast in order to go higher. As you do that more and more you get the feeling of that possibility of exploration, that sense of your horizon expanding and I think that’s what they are doing’


Gran was certainly more of an adventurer than grandad. He would have preferred to stay at home.


‘I’ll say thank you to them... I asked or something from your grandfather that you would recognise with him and I just got a rather complicated looking medallion or medal, it looked like something from an officer class or police force, I don’t know if you’ve got something of his like that. It looked quite intricate, quite ornate not just a simple one. Thank you, God bless both of you and happy journeys’


Grandad gave me his war medals and also some from gran’s father who was a policeman and won medals in swimming competitions.


Liz felt back with it and I did the closing prayer, sent out healing and did our closing down exercise...