This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

195th sitting 29/05/2019


We had the room setup as usual with Liz wired up to the Mind Mirror EEG.

I did the opening prayer at 8.10pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise then continued on into the session...

After about 15 minutes Liz began to speak...

‘Just saw the face of Miss Morris my old French teacher, she had this cap on, almost like a milk maid’s cap. She was sitting there like a cat, sitting and watching... and purring. We used to call her Moggy, maybe that’s why I've got the sense of a cat’

‘Just felt as if someone was there standing over me’

Me... ‘Do you have a feeling of who that might be?’

‘No... get the name Gerard... that’s a French connection, someone I know that died, connected with Moggy’

‘Aspirations... house of spirits, I think they’re saying stay firm with your aspirations, to hold on. When you are working with spirit you have to trust. Put your hands and feet in Jesus, in Jesus’s hands and feet, identify with the larger spiritual being that you are... I can feel as if hands are twisting me, moulding me. It's like being a mermaid, amphibious, feels as if I’ve got this shower of long curls like ringlets, a mop of hair going right down my back, dark brown, gingery, cork screw type curls. Somebody quite fiery, somebody who wants to order, to change things, to influence people. A cartographer, like a dressmaker making plans, making maps’

I felt a cool breeze going over my left hand and the room now looked lighter to me.

‘Got the name Iris... and Stephen’

‘Feel as if I want to calculate something, I'm not comfortable with it’

I felt a light touch on the back of my left hand.

‘I feel as if I'm in France and it’s to do with the court, in the time of Louis, the time of the French Revolution. I'm not happy. I feel you have to rise above the turmoil that’s going on and all these material plans, all the fine dresses, all the plans and the measurements and the ordering involved in every day. You go through it but don’t get too caught up in it, it’s easy to be completely consumed by it but there are bigger things going on, things I don’t understand that I find disturbing and they don’t fit in with my calculations of a balanced life, a measured life. It's as if the carpet’s been pulled from under my feet, like being caught in a whirlwind. In this sort of climate of political, social turmoil it’s hard to find your bearings, that’s when I reached up and grasped the hand of God, it was a spiritual connection. I looked to the saints, I looked to the master. I held that hand firmly and that rescued me from going under. I urge you to do the same. There are times when that connection is difficult but it’s always there it just feels like a physical hand you can grasp. The connection is that tangible, make it tangible for many of us have learnt by trial and error but once that connection has been made and trusted and confirmed it’s like a rock-solid pillar of support. Feel that rock-solid pillar of support’

‘Think of the apple. The soft flesh can be eaten or can fall away but the hard core maintains the seeds out of which a whole new apple tree will grow. Feel the core in yourself, the strength of the core, a connection with light that will continue, that caries within it all the essence, all that is essential. The surrounding fruit is like fluff, the surrounding ego, the persona that carries you through the world, that will rot or disperse, eaten by worms but the solid core, the seeds will germinate and grow. Think of the trunk of that tree rooted in the earth, the leaves and branches grow into the sky bearing more fruit’

‘When you grasp the hand of spirit, you’ll allow a charge of light, an electrical current to flow through you. It will illuminate your path, it will facilitate your path, that will clarify, that will potentiate. Without that connection you are like a lamp that isn’t switched on. Every day make that connection and your day will light up with power and will facilitate the natural flow of inspiration and energy to enable you to fulfill your goal. That is the first requirement to connect’

‘I’ve got a gentleman, looks like a captain of a boat, a skipper, got a sort of round, jolly face and a captain’s hat. The face is changing, it’s morphing. He's looking out through a telescope, looking out for land, looking into the distance’

‘I think... I don’t know if it was my dad...’

‘I’m sensing quite a lot of people that are semi-transparent... Got the feeling of being in a tent, people are pushing me forward, it feels like the Arctic, a failed exposition, not wanting to be here anymore. A sense of giving up when you lose the connection, you rely on failing human resources, you need to look up, you need to look beyond. Failure isn’t failure, it’s just another lesson to be learnt and the lesson being to rely purely on human resources, limited resources, they doom you to failure. Limited resources by their nature are very limited but the energy of the universe is unlimited. The resources of the greater spirit, trapped in this incarnation. I loathe to say that but it’s true. Just underestimate the truth. If you put your faith in human resources solely you will be weakened by that when the cold winds bite and the ground falls away from beneath you. When disaster strikes reach out to the unlimited resource of the universe, the universal spirit, trust in the almighty power. Drink from the well because water will never fail to quench your thirst... I feel like Shackleton’

The music CD ended.

‘Thank you friends I think that’s enough for now, thank you for sharing...’

Me... ‘Thank you friends’

We then recalled our Rainbow Bridge Exercises...

Liz had just reached out to spirit to those who had recently died, wanting to make contact and merge with those friends. She felt as if a mist was coming towards her and felt that she should sit still and just let them come to her...

I started off looking at a tree full of birds. Then I walked towards it and merged with it becoming part of the tree, my arms were like branches and my leg like roots. I wanted to get a sensation of what it felt like to be a tree. I got the sense that although I couldn’t go anywhere it was still an enjoyable, fulfilling life experiencing the sun, the rain and the wind, feeling the roots bringing up the goodness from the soil. I also felt that the birds were a part of me and I could share their experiences when they flew off to different places. So, life was good as a tree...

I then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise...