This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

111th Sitting 06/07/2016


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the first tune on for our Rainbow Bridge visualization exercise…

Liz started off looking into some deep, dark water like a bottomless well. There seemed to be a reflection on it of a tower, like the Tower of Pisa. Liz then saw the tower outside of her in the outer world and she started to climb it and at the same time saw in the sky galaxies and rainbows and lights, like the Northern Lights. The tower was leading to light that was calling her. It was like a spiral as she went up with honeysuckle, going round and round and when she got to the top it had an enormous platform flooded with this light looking out over an enormous landscape. Liz had a sense of perspective being able to see wide and far encompassing everything. Liz was encircled with other beings holding hands; she was part of this circle dancing in the air above the tower and this vast panoramic landscape. There were threads connecting Liz and all the other beings and each were part of another circle, it seemed to go on and on, interconnected. At the same time Liz realised there were more towers and more levels, a sense of never ending ascent. Liz also realised there was nowhere to go, this was all here and now, it was just a question of the mind opening up to the reality of the whole, the whole of us, a feeling of completeness and journeying at the same time, infinite regression and infinite expansion like a fractalization going on and on, all held within a single unity…

All I could see at first was green felt-like material everywhere then I suddenly realized I was on a snooker table and I was one of the balls. It felt like I was inside the ball and I remained upright as it rolled across the table. I could make the ball go in any direction and hit other balls if I wanted to. Then another ball hit me from behind and I went speeding across the table towards the corner pocket and down the hole finding myself plunged into darkness going down and down until I slowly came to a halt and then started going up. As I went up I seemed to be spiralling round and up, I felt I was passing people and events as I ascended but I wasn’t sure what they were. Then I stopped and found myself hovering in mid-air. Looking around I saw some of the other balls also hovering but some were higher than me and others lower. Those that were on the same level as me drew closer and soon I was surrounded by a mass of balls at the same level and then all the balls disappeared leaving us all standing on a flat piece of land and I noticed we were all holding maps with routes marked out on them. We looked at each other’s maps and saw some of us had similar routes as if we would meet up at points along the route while some were quite different. Suddenly everything went very dark and then light again and I found myself as a new born baby in a cot. It felt like my memory was fading then I noticed a string of coloured balls stretched on a string in the cot above me which gave me a reminder of the snooker balls and where I had come from. The feeling I got was that as I lived out my new life I would sometimes get brief reminders of where I had come from presented to me…

Our two visualisations had several similarities this week.

I put the music back on and we continued the session…

The atmosphere looked charged and flashy to me.

Liz got the name Carol, something to do with clemency or the bells of St Clement.

I felt something tickling my right ear.
I started to see silvery blobs coming and going in front of me.

Liz continued…

‘I get the name Debi or Deborah. I had the name Deborah Mairesse and a silver nutmeg’

‘It’s like I’m looking at a bible, it’s open at Ezekiel, it’s the chariots, wheels within wheels, wings, wings of the morning’

‘It’s the words of the poem…

“How beautiful they are, the lordly ones
Who dwell in the hills
In the hollow hills.
They have faces like flowers
And their breath is wind that stirs amid the grasses
Filled with white clover.
Their limbs are more white than shafts of moonshine.
They are more fleet than the March wind.
They laugh and are glad and are terrible:
When their lances shake, every green reed quivers.
How beautiful they are
How beautiful the lordly ones
In the hollow hills.”

 ‘The message is to stabilise’

‘Got the sense of long corridors, like a honey comb, they all seem to… like a labyrinth, very perplexing, seems to be some dead ends, the larva trying to find its way, feels a bit lost but it will find its way instinctively, it will immerge at the right time, just keep eating, hope there’s an answer’

‘Salvador Dali, he’s a painter, his paintings are bizarre dream images, a bit scary, the landscape of the unconscious can be quite scary but it’s safe when you know that the self instinctively knows the way home, where to immerge. The self instinctively treads the right pathway through the maze, through the images, it’s just a journey, just trust the right way will be found and the butterfly will immerge from the caterpillar at the right time, or the adult from the embryo, from the immature form, trust, perceiver. The images are instructive, they’re puzzles but they can reveal some of the knots to untangle, the problems that need to be solved, the dilemmas, the lessons to be learned, questions to ponder. Don’t dwell too long at each landmark, trust that it will resolve, note and allow a resolution to happen in its own good time. Tell it like it is’

‘I got the words of various lullabies, they’re the words of comfort, lullabies of childhood, like…

“The October winds lament
around the castle of Dromore
Yet peace is in her lofty halls
My loving treasure store

Though Autumn leaves may droop and die
a bud of spring are you sing hush-a-by
loo,la-lo,la lan
sing hush-a-by loo la lo”

'Somewhere a voice calling William, came with the words Sevenoaks, Sissinghurst’

The music CD finished and Liz continued…

‘I had, how old are you, 94, I don’t know if that’s correct. I have this picture of a man, brown face, very mild with spectacles, thin rimmed. Before that I had a globe or pot, I thought a chamber pot but it was pink and blue, lovely colours, seemed a quite treasured friendly object’

‘Wilkinson or wilkinton… Norfolk, Norfolk farmers, large arable fields… I get sand, Sandhurst, Sandie, little terrier dog. Something is either colossal or collapsible or calamity. Got the feeling of a large crash of people, they’re all welcome but it’s hard to disentangle. Cybil, Cherry, Rudolf’

‘Edith again, Edith Cavell’

‘I come back to a nutshell, something in a nutshell, I started off with a silver nutmeg… What’s in a nutshell? Truth? The truth in a nutshell, what shall we do with it? Crack it open? Swallow it whole? It’s the kernel in a nutshell, you have to crack it open to get to the kernel and the kernel has to germinate, has to grow, it becomes a tree of knowledge, a tree of life, so we have the question, do we have to have a nut to get a tree or do we have a tree to get a nut? What came first nut or tree? They both came together, the tree is in the nut and the nut is in the tree. No separation, it’s an illusion of time, one comes out of the other, they are both inextricably together, all one…’

‘Any questions?’

Me… ‘Yes, what is a good way to explain to somebody who is reaching the end of their life and are worried about dying, what’s a good thing to say to them to relieve their fear?’

‘Trust… trust the process. It’s part of life, happens to everyone, the greater part of you knows what to do, it will all be alright, just trust. Your body knew how to grow from a seed, knew how to develop, carried you through this and that, knew how to sleep, knew how to wake up, knows how to die. Just let it happen, just let go and trust, your body knows, you know, it’s alright, you are safe. We are held in a wisdom, a loving knowing and we are all at home in this knowing although we don’t always know it or that the knowing knows… allow’

‘I had May, just a feeling she wanted me to tell Kate that she loves her’

‘No spectacles needed here… keeps repeating gypsy… just keep getting more and more names, Thomasin, keep getting stabilize and table turning’

‘The name Roger just came… a connection with Sandie and the shelter, a sense of something purple and green… sugar… knead… something velvet like a cloak… monks wood’

Once Liz was feeling back with it I did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

Liz had remained awake this week whereas I had drifted off several times during the session.