This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

109th Sitting 22/06/2016


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.45pm, turned out the light and put the music on.
We did the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise…

Liz started off by a large rock edge with water flowing over it like a waterfall and there were rainbows behind the curtain of water. She then found herself on a rope bridge that was going over an enormous ravine in a tropical forest. The bridge was delicate but robust and was swaying. Liz saw parrots and thought how it would be much easier if a bird carried her over and then found herself on the other side in a clearing. The parrots were still there and lots of monkeys too all playing amongst the trees, it was all very magical. The parrots had turned into people, men with multi-coloured feathered headdresses sitting around in a circle with drums. In the middle of the circle was a three dimensional spherical mirror made of mercury. It was like pearl, silvery and they were all looking into it. It was picking up the sun that was shining on it, absorbing the sun’s energy and reflecting it. Liz realised this was an analogy of the mind of the medium being completely open and receptive to the Christ energy or the sun energy coming through and that this was what was required of Liz and to maintain it. She saw the connection with the Mercury Circle and felt it very important to hold that space, that magical clearing with the mercury orb like an eye in the middle. She felt it was giving her words and got the letters, E R J D L…

I started off looking at a giant tortoise and realised it had a head each end. Each end was trying to go forward pulling against itself. Then it split into two and became two separate tortoises that started to walk in opposite directions. The one to my right looked clear and bright whereas the one to my left looked dull, misty and indistinct. I felt I had a choice as to which one to follow and thought it would be easier to follow the clear, bright one but decided to follow the dull, misty one and see what happened. It took me through a very dark area, I could hardly see it and then I saw light approaching up ahead. The tortoise then seemed to dissolve and become one with the surroundings and then I found I was also now splitting into two, my right side was clear and bright and my left side dull and foggy just like the tortoises. I felt I couldn’t now go with my foggy side which was disappearing into the distance so stayed with the bright side and saw a ladder which I climbed and came out onto a grassy hill where soldiers were charging down in battle with guns towards the enemy who I saw were just standing firm with cakes and biscuits holding them out as gifts for the soldiers. This stopped the soldiers in their tracks, they put down their guns and took the food as long tables and chairs appeared and they sat down to enjoy the cakes and biscuits with their enemies. The long tables then changed into a stream with crystal clear water and everyone was now sitting along the banks of the stream with their feet in the water talking and laughing with each other and I then noticed the clear, bright tortoise sitting on a nearby hill with a smile on its face…    

I put the music back on and we continued the session…

I had my eyes closed and noticed what seemed like two flashes behind them.
I had pressure around my right ear.

I started to see a few bright blobs coming and going in the room.

I got the sense there was a tall man with his arms folded in the centre of the room.

I felt a few touches in my hair and tickles around my right ear.

Liz was aware of lots of semi-circles in the room.

The music ended and Liz began to speak…

‘I sense an elephant, very brightly coloured, an elephant for sitting on’

‘Prickly gorse bushes, thick scrub, yellow gorse’

‘I have an image of a concrete cement mixer… get the feeling of a large reservoir, Donald, Chrysler’

‘A large old iron like one you heat on a stove, terra gold, seems to be like a lot of money, scar on the landscape’

‘Got the name Clive… chameleon, Sedgemoor’

‘Territorial game, coming back to Chrysler, motor’

‘Get this feeling I don’t want to go there, not wanted’

‘Sidereal’

‘Elephant trunk, I’m moving quite fast, something being eclipsed’

‘British Caledonian, sense of being tricked, time out, population deficit, no gain’

‘Minnesota, something special, liquidity’

‘Coming back to the word mercury’

‘I’ve got the tops of very tall trees, branches, it’s to do with resources, the struggle for survival, the old message of things dying out, needing attention, wasting natural resources, denuding the forests, laying waste, we need to conserve’

‘Feels as if I’m on a train journey, got the feeling of the train journey going from Victorian to high speed trains, sort of train journey across several centuries. Now it’s like going up to Scotland and beyond that, kind of intercontinental, we know the whole globe, that train journey that’s led from the industrial revolution, it’s come a long way, we’re on that train and it’s going nowhere, going to an abyss, a hiatus, a brink, taking us to the brink of extinction, warnings’

‘Something like helium, an alternative energy source. It’s like something’s stopped and a new start, going on a different track, safer, much more serene, lighter, definitely lighter. There’s something universal, it’s creating something like a great umbrella, a shield. I’ve got the elephant again, it’s like some rejoicing in India, festival of light but we have to pay attention, take heed, heliotrope, not so hedonistic, more utilitarian. Got the sense somebody’s being like a forensic analyst of our civilization so called, certainly unsustainable, so if certainty about the unsustainable comes a seismic shift in the focus in energy, in the use of energy, resources, relationship, new track, come back to the concrete in this crumbling infrastructure. Deep footsteps made by heavy force replaced by light footsteps, barefoot. Silver, Silver says so… that’s all’

‘Iris just wants to add, those beautiful woman’s institutes everywhere, meetings of mothers, she expresses gratitude, keep up the good work’

‘Just had a flash of St Paul… connected with conversion, he persecuted Christians and then had a conversion experience and became one of their greatest supporters, a complete turnabout’

Liz had remained awake throughout the session this week.

I had drifted off into a half sleep briefly a few times and had experienced seeing a wrist watch fall to the floor and break.
Then later I seemed to be in conversation with a big man wearing a dirty white tee-shirt who had a Liverpudlian accent but I couldn’t remember any of the conversation afterwards.

Once Liz was feeling fully back with it I did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…