This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

21st Sitting 23/01/2014


After the encouragement we received during last Monday’s Mercury Light sitting we decided to repeat our ‘cross experiment’ doing it in exactly the same way as last week.

The room was set up as usual and as always we kicked off with our ‘Rainbow Bridge Exercise’ at 8.30pm…

Liz started off feeling her feet on hard baked ground at the edge of an enormous lake. To her left was a huge bridge, like a suspension bridge, going up into the clouds. It seemed to be very industrial and busy with lots of traffic going over it. She didn’t really want to walk over the bridge as it was so busy and when she looked up she saw Chinese hot air balloons like paper lanterns coming down offering to carry her over the bridge and they did. There were Chinese ladies in wonderful silk kimonos with beautiful embroidery of trees, flowers and animals. Liz was told she didn’t have to traverse the busy bridge, which represented the world; she could circumvent it by imagination and over on the other side was a place of imagination. Exotic ferns, lush trees and most wonderful animals, which she recalled seeing before in a dream, like yellow tigers with green eyes and other unusual tame wild animals. One of the Chinese ladies became real and Liz sensed she was a friend. She told Liz there was a lot to study and learn there, lots of information available and encouraged her to feel she could join them at any time. She then gave Liz a lift back to her side.

I started off on a grass bank and before I got to the bridge I had to go through a swing gate and down a path lined with bushes. The bridge was big and seemed to get bigger the more I looked at it. It was particularly high in the middle. Then I found myself getting bigger and feeling disorientated before I shrunk back to my normal size. I was aware of a man in a grey bowler hat and suit who seemed to be trying to stop himself laughing. I didn’t see him as part of the scene but was just aware of him with me.  I made my way up the steep slope to the middle of the bridge and noticed a procession of tall giraffes going under it and it occurred to me this was why the bridge was so tall as their heads only just cleared the bridge. They all seemed to have several smoke rings around their long necks. I didn’t meet anybody on the bridge but still had the sense of the man in the bowler hat with me. Over the other side I saw a busy wide road with lots of traffic speeding up and down. Just before returning to my side I saw the man in the bowler hat on the bridge but he’d changed into what looked like a wizard with long white hair, beard and white robes…

I did the opening prayer and reminded the team we were going to do our cross experiment during the American Indian tune.

Liz was seeing a few light shapes in the room and described the atmosphere as marbling.
It looked speckly everywhere to me.

I felt a light touch under my right foot and around my right ear.
Then I got an itchy feeling in my left ear.

Liz felt a pressure on her face like she had it pressed against a window.
She felt someone was with her and she was looking at them through this window but not quite able to make them out.
She got the name Mary.

Liz felt a tickle on the left side of her neck.

It now looked black in the centre of the room to me but light and misty to my sides.
My feet were getting very cold spreading up to my knees.
I felt a tug on my right trouser leg then a touch on the back of my right hand.
I could sense someone to my right.
It was very light to my right and I felt a lot of touches around my right ear.

Liz said she could see a pink/gold light above me, a bit like apricot and she could see moving lights going up within it.
My right side was very cold and fuzzy.
I felt touches in my hair.
Liz saw a blue/green light near the ceiling. The colours made her think of a kingfisher.

I hadn’t noticed any of these colours but I was now aware of a salmon colour to my right.
Liz confirmed this described what she saw also.

Liz was aware of light and Gothic arch patterns to her right, a bit like an ‘N’ shape.

I heard a noise like a stomach rumble, it didn’t come from my stomach but appeared to be somewhere to my right. There is nothing in that area that could have made the noise. We do hear the adjoining neighbours sometimes but they are to the left of me. It was very quiet and Liz didn’t hear it but I was surprised to find it was picked up on the voice recorder which sits to my right, quite a distance from the noise.

It’s four seconds into this clip…


Liz was seeing black and beige speckled patterns.
I saw a bluish speckled pattern with a few vertical lines coming down and moving across like waves. It looked a bit like folds in curtains.
I saw a few white wispy bits looking like smoke spiralling.
Liz saw what she described as threads of light coming down from the ceiling which sounded very much like what I was seeing.

Then I saw a bright pin prick light flash on and off just above the table. It was as bright as the luminous tabs on the table.
Liz also reported a few pin prick lights.
It now looked darker to my right and the middle of the room looked light.
I saw another bright pin prick to my left then another above the table.

I felt a light touch on the back of my neck and something like a finger pushing down on the top of my head.
Both my legs felt fuzzy and I had a pressure on the back of my left foot.
I saw another pin prick near the ceiling.

Liz was very cold.
I heard the stomach rumble sound again to my right but it didn’t pick up on the recorder this time.
I felt a touch on my left knee, a tickle on my nose and a cold fuzzy feeling on my right hip.

The American Indian tune came on so we tried once again to see the cross.

Liz got very warm, the same as she had at this point last week.
I saw a very bright ball shaped yellow blob that was moving in a circular motion.
Then it seemed to come close to me filling my vision.
I saw pin prick lights within it then it changed to a blue/purple colour.
It seemed to be forming into a vertical line getting darker each side of it.

Liz saw a purple horizontal line going right across the room.
Then she saw a shining white vertical line but didn’t see both at once.

As soon as the next tune started the things we were seeing faded away.
We both noticed we had sticky eyes.

Liz felt a burning cold feeling around her head and shoulders.
I felt a cool breeze over my forehead.
Both Liz and I felt cold all over.

The tunes ended.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

Another good evening, we seem to be getting somewhere with our cross experiment and will continue next time…