This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

213th Sitting 09/01/2020


We had the room setup as usual and didn’t use the Mind Mirror or Magnetometer.

I did the opening prayer at 7.35pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise then continued on into the session...

Liz began after 35 minutes and just before she began, I saw large blobs of bright light in front of me which lasted about five minutes.

‘Seems like a zip fastener, it’s tightly stuck, trying to open. When the zip opens, through it you can see the brilliant sky, it’s pink and blue, this clarity of light. The zip opens and the old garment, worn garment of flesh and hair, the human raiment falls away. You can step through it like a new-born child, like a baby, like being born again, coming out of a nut, the kernel immerges naked and tender, open to the elements now, like a blanched almond, sweet and tender. Once you’ve escaped there’s no turning back, it’s just onward, a new beginning. Like being a child or teenager again just enjoying what’s coming next, a sense of adventure like Alice in Wonderland, curiouser and curiouser. Something about a comb, there’s a comb in my hair. Don’t need a handbag any more, can let go of all that baggage. Nice not to have the muddle, not to have the confusion. These clear vistas, a stone path, like walking on pebbles. No pain...’

‘Seeing someone in a long stripy dress, Arab type kaftan, vertical stripes, brown and black and white, coming towards me... It occurs to me it’s Lawrence of Arabia. Aware of very white teeth’

‘Just an enduring pathway, enduring sense of adventure, an enduring adventure, enduring as in endurance. Once you’ve got through the zip, undone the dress, stepped out of it, stepped out of the dress of flesh, the cloak, you are enduring, it’s an ongoing progression, adventure and there’s exploration ahead, the unexpected, a sense of excitement, unbelievable, sense of perpetual continuity, it’s like waking up into the dream but knowing there’s no end to it but a bit weird like Alice in Wonderland, things changing’

‘I’m seeing a cactus, a bit like a dream, sort of creating it... Susan and Tony... got the word parsimony, parsimonious, it’s making me think I’d like a prayer book, it feels quite good to have a prayer, the lord’s prayer will do. A prayer can help stabilise when things are changing to give a reference point and to help to focus... The lord is my shepherd I shall not want. Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil for though art with me, my rod and staff they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall live in the house of the lord for ever...’

‘It’s as if I'm looking forward not backwards... I know when I’ve rested by the still waters there is so much surround sound, out of the silence I know that I can conjure up whatever music I love and the concert halls will be open to me. There's so much I have to learn, I hate leaving you all behind, it’s a new journey that I have to take, grasp while the iron’s hot, an opportunity to let go and to go forward with a new spring in my step. No spectacles necessary, everything beautifully ordered now without me having to do anything. I can feel it’s going to be alright. There's safety in numbers so when the crowd of well-wishers come, I feel they will, I shall embrace them and enjoy all the love and friendship and the new learning together, I've got a lot to look forward to and so will you, I know now that death is not the end, not what we think. My mind is crystal clear, not at all confused now’

‘It’s the blackbird singing in the dead of night, spread your broken wings and learn to fly. All my life I've been waiting for this moment to arrive’

‘I’ve got the frog man and Christabel... I'm just thanking all my friends, all my family and the lovely knees and steady on Stan...’

‘Got the name Gilbert... seeing toadstools and a Noddy and Big Ears, that’s a connection with Patrick... somebody saying salutations, very sedentary, not so good being sedentary’

‘Got a feeling of stitch in my side, left side like a tight band around my midriff... cowslip...’

‘Got a sense of a lacey edged table cloth, doily and Woolfie, Miss Woolford who died recently, a colleague, she’s asking if she can help... oh yes Woolfie died recently in the DGH, I said to Woolfie you can help my friend Kate now... there’s a sense of pearl, pearly gates or mother of pearl? Pearls of wisdom? Woofie would certainly be providing the prayers, she sang in the church choir, she loved music’

After a pause Liz felt back with it.

We recalled our Rainbow Bridge Exercises...

Liz was reaching out over the bridge to her friend Kate who had just passed over. Liz felt there was a large golden-haired girl, with her hair in plats, playing in a beautiful meadow, rolling over freely and dancing around a bit like a rag doll. Liz recognised this girl as Atheni and asked her to help Kate with her transition...

I went down a brick tunnel which turned and came back up and I could see bright light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to go into the light but couldn’t so just waited in the tunnel to see if anything came out to me. Then a bright shining ball came out towards me, about the size of a tennis ball and I grabbed it and held it in my hand. There were dazzling rainbow colours moving in the ball as if it was alive and I got the feeling this was the spark of life that we all had inside of us but the physical body had left this one and now it was just a memory of the physical life. I then found myself going into a building with a sign saying something like ‘Always open to everyone’ and I saw thousands of these balls on shelves like a library all containing past lives that could be accessed by anyone. I then saw someone about to begin a new physical life and another ball being created for them...

I then did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise...