This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

86th Sitting 10/11/2015


We had the room setup as usual.

I did the opening prayer at 8.40pm, turned out the light and put the music on.

We did the Rainbow Bridge Exercise…

Liz started off sitting in a cave with water dripping down in front of her like a waterfall and it was full of rainbows and glittering diamonds. Looking through it she could see streams, a boggy landscape and a patchwork of rivulets going down to a large body of water. Purple hills and mountains were in the distance and there were spider webs in front of her all bejewelled with dew drops. Liz then saw a band of monks and nuns coming down from the hills. They wore grey and brown gowns and were carrying a body, not a coffin, just the body. They removed its clothes, took it to the water, put it on a raft and went out to sea. When they came back one of the monks came towards Liz wearing a dark grey gown with long black hair and beard. He sat down and explained to Liz that this was the body, the husk of one of their brothers but he hadn’t died, he’d never stopped being alive, this was just the outer covering. He had some silver fish and started to cook them as he explained that the body of their brother made good food for the fish as this was an inhospitable landscape, not much grew but the sea was full of fish so they gave the body back to the sea for the fish to feed on. It was a way of replenishing stocks, all part of the whole ecosystem. He said there was never any want in the Earth, all our needs were met and the fish were there in abundance, there was food for all…

I started off in a very green place next to a pond of green water and the rocks were covered in green moss and slime, even the sky looked green. There were green frogs on the rocks and I realised I was a green frog too. I got the feeling of being looked at and could vaguely see faces in the sky. It felt like I was being observed in a huge glass tank. I imagined myself out of the tank and then found myself in a classroom with a group of children looking into this tank. Then I noticed people looking into the classroom through the windows so imagined myself outside the classroom with them. I decided to explore and walked out of the school onto a grassy field then up a slope reaching the top of a hill where I sat down to enjoy the warm sun and blue sky. Again I got the feeling I was being watched by people beyond the sky so imagined myself there and found myself in a bright dazzling white light unable to make out anything until my eyes got used to the brightness. Then I saw another group of people standing around another glass tank and when I had a look I saw it contained the whole physical universe…

(Liz suggested I’d transposed from the twinkle in my Father’s eye to being the actual eye)

I put the music back on and we continued the session…

I was feeling light headed.

Liz got the name Valerie.

The atmosphere was looking lighter and misty to me then it darkened and I saw bright blobs floating by.

Liz got the name David Armstrong.

Liz began to speak…

‘Heliotrope… I have this large green leaf like a cheese plant… There seem to be lots of cross communications, lots of people… it’s like seeing a spider’s web’

‘I’ve got this very thick book, I’m going to try and open it, it’s like a bible, got a little bit about sparrows… The birds, not one shall fall but the Father in heaven shall know of it’

‘I have the sense of cold grey stone archways…’

‘I have that sense of attention to detail, every line, every expression, every stage of growth, every person, every transition is noted, is observed, is registered, is lovingly recorded in the way that a parent watches a child grow, but we are all very important, part of a finely tuned web and each part is registered, the spider knows, the spider has spun the web, the spider knows each break, each section, each strand’

‘A telescope on the battlements of a castle, steel rivets, metal, it could be guns, gun emplacement.  I’m looking at the stars, they’re very brilliant, there’s no other light’

‘I’m looking at reflections in the window, families; I have a sense of Hogmanay’

‘Got the name Heather’

‘Somebody’s saying old power, I’m getting accordion music’

The music ended and I asked if there was any more to say…

Liz continued…

‘Just got the sense of this ancient dragon, old power… family feuds… I sense the old power… Looking up at the stars, this clarity, the brilliance of stars, the telescope seeing far, the whole universe out there, never ending. It’s this sense of in the stars are hidden patterns, hidden information, there’s hope in the seeds of new life, nothing’s stuck, the old shapes will be shaken and this new brilliance and wisdom will come through and all the old quarrels will be forgotten… That’s all’

We waited a few minutes for Liz to feel back with it but she still felt as if she was listening, she felt she was still caught up in it for a while as if there was more to come through, Scottish stuff, Macbeth, witches and a connection with Heather and old family feuds…’

Liz then came back completely and did the healing exercise, closing prayer and closing down exercise…