This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

66th Sitting 12/05/2015


Liz was back from her holiday and we had guest sitter Caroline with us.
Caroline used to sit with the trance medium Sheila who had made herself known to us through Liz during our Mercury Experiment 5703/02/2015 and has continued to make herself known several times since then.

I gave the opening prayer at 8.40pm.

We then did the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise…

Liz found herself in a tropical scene; there were banana plants, trees and lots of people carrying bundles of fruit. It was dusty and sandy; Liz felt she was in Egypt. There was a big river like the Nile and Liz wanted to get to the other side where she could see pyramids, she felt it was very spiritual. There was a long thin basket woven rickety bridge which Liz crossed and she felt snake energy. On the other side she felt very alone in this valley of pyramids. Then a man with a fez and several others appeared to direct her. Liz wanted to go to the right down into the earth through a pyramid entrance but they were directing her to one on the left where there were steps like a ziggurat going up. Liz went up them and found herself alone at the top then saw an elderly man with a white beard. She felt he was Semitic, Jewish, he had a priest’s hat on and took Liz inside where she again felt snake energy. He had astrological symbols and it was the Temple of Aesculapius, the dream incubation temple. He told Liz this was the healing temple and the snake was very important. The pyramid facilitated the dreams. As they sat talking there was suddenly snow all around and Liz felt confused but then thought this was the manna from heaven that the Jews experienced in the desert. All these things coalesced together, the crossing of the Nile, leaving Egypt; it was as if Liz was being shown all these things. Liz asked some questions about dreaming and he told her the shape of the attic room she slept in was good for dreams. The pyramid was like a universal field of information that could be accessed and Liz could do that in her room…

Caroline found herself in a desert and on her left there were miles of sand and in the distance vast buildings looked hazy against a bright golden sunset. On the right it was like a microcosm and as she looked to the right she felt she was shrinking and saw huge bees that were trying to teach her something but couldn’t understand what it was. The bees were dancing in geometric patterns and it seemed to be about pollen not sticking to their legs. There was honey just lying about, not in hives…    

I started off in a thick, dark, misty forest and had to push myself through all the dangling branches. I saw flashes through the trees like car headlamps in the distance. As I carried on the trees thinned then disappeared, it became brighter but still misty grey then white. I stopped as the mist cleared and I saw I was standing at the edge of a cliff. Down below me was a pebble beach and a river while each side of me were 100s of puffins also standing at the edge. I wanted to get down to the beach so turned myself into a puffin, jumped off and glided down landing on the beach where I changed back to myself again. I felt I should cross the river but was drawn towards the cliff where there was a cave. I went in; it was light inside with silver walls and lots of cats wandering around. I saw what looked like a healing couch with two robed monks standing at each end. There were electrical terminals on each end of the couch and the monks invited me to lie down. As I lay on the couch they held onto the terminals and I felt an electrical charge run through me which had the effect of clearing my mind. I found I could think about puzzling spiritual mysteries and they seemed to become simplified and more understandable. It seemed to work for complicated dreams as well when I recalled them. The message I got from this was not to complicate things, just keep it simple and it will become understandable…

I put the music back on and we continued our session.

Liz had the sensation she was falling sideways.

The room was looking lighter and flashy to me.
I felt tightness around my forehead.
My legs got cold.

Liz got the number ‘66’
(We didn’t realise at the time but this was the 66th session)

Liz continued…

‘I get the sense of being in the room of a house, a bit like the place that Virginia Woolf used to visit, where the artists used to live. (Charleston House) Where they decorated the rooms with paintings everywhere, a very creative space. The walls were hand painted instead of wall-paper. A very happy friendly feeling… Kitty the cat, tabby cat… I get a needle, sowing needle, patchwork…’

‘I keep coming back to this rural community. A cart with hay bales, man with a long black beard and a sort of smock. I’m not sure what this is all about… a good way to live’

‘I got the name Frederick several times…’

(Afterwards Caroline told us that Frederick is Sheila’s grandson. She had been like a mother to him after his mother had died)

Liz continued…

‘I keep getting that scene juxtaposed with a train… either the train broke up that idyll or the train represents the transition, the journey… My feeling is that there was an attempt to recreate that idyll but it’s actually rather fixed, it’s like a nostalgic pastoral scene, it was good and creative when it was alive but it’s got stultified… I sense that whatever it is wants to move on, it’s okay, it’s empowered like a motive, carrying forth and it’s okay to go with it. You can still carry the idiom with you, the essence of it, the creativity…’

‘I got the name Leslie Harvey, I thought it was a medium… seems to be connected with birds… stars…’

(Afterwards Caroline also told us that Sheila’s surname was Have but it was pronounced Harvey. She wasn’t sure who Leslie was)

Liz continued…

‘I have an image of a green close knit jumper unravelling’

‘I got this cantilever… it’s to do with the bridge, this incredible cantilever structure, cross pieces, someone to do with engineering. Pylons… very ornate structures and I get the feeling all this work is wasted… structures collapsing… it’s his own invention. He’s devastated when his structures are destroyed… You think that these structures are very permanent, so carefully constructed, intricate… but everything that’s been destroyed can be built again, the pattern is there. Once you have a pattern it’s imprinted and the physical structure doesn’t… it’s neither here nor there, the pattern can be created again and again… It’s the same with the knitting, there’s the jumper that’s unravelled but if you know how to knit you can knit it again, the pattern… that’s the value of patenting, you patent the pattern so even though the physical body breaks down and deteriorates the pattern patent is still there, you can come back to it any time… Same with the pastoral idyll that was a good life style, a patent pattern, it’s there, leave it behind, it can be recreated any time’

‘I’ve got a maple tree…’

Liz felt she was being pulled to one side again.
She was getting lots of little fragmentary bits but nothing was clear. She got the name ‘Humphrey’ but there were too many different things coming from different sides to be able to verbalise clearly.
(Liz later said that she sensed a pub at this time and Caroline told us that Frederick ran a pub)

The music ended and once Liz was feeling back with it she did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.

Caroline had enjoyed the session but found the music distracting.
Liz has also at times has asked for it to be turned down so we may well experiment sitting without music in the future…