This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

58th Sitting 10/02/2015


The room was set up as usual.
I did the opening prayer at 8.30pm, turned out the light and put the music on.
Then we started with the Rainbow Bridge visualisation exercise.

Liz found herself on a great expanse of silvery sands and could see her wet footprints disappearing as she walked. The sea was far out and there was a rainbow arching towards her. Liz was draw towards it. It was like a doorway in the sky and she imagined herself towards it where she found invisible stairs that she climbed up into the sky until she got to what looked like a water-shoot going back down so went down that head first towards a light whooshing out onto a great platform of light. There were lots of people there welcoming her. It was a beach and a place Liz recognized with sand hillocks and rocks. There were goats and sheep grazing and lots of people dressed in white but they were only semi-visible, all smiling and waving. Silver was there as well and Liz felt at home. She sat on a tussock and a smiling woman came towards her with blond platted hair and white gown. She asked Liz if she wanted to swim which she did so they both took their clothes off and swam in the sea going under the water. She told Liz ‘you don’t have to worry about breathing, you don’t need to breath here’ She then said ‘you’ve often asked to find this pearl of great price and we’re going to fetch it’ They then went down to the bottom of the sea where there were some pearls. She gave Liz one saying ‘put it in your mouth and swallow it, now the wisdom of the pearl is in you’ They came out of the sea and she said ‘the significance of this is that you now know you have the ability to transit between the two worlds, this is the knowledge, this is the pearl of great price and you can be at home in both worlds, spirit and matter’ The music came to an end and she said ‘you can now just wish yourself back’ and that is what Liz did…

I started off on a snowy slope in the mountains. I had skis on so skied down until the snow began to disappear and I came to a stop on the grass. I took off the skis and then saw my mum standing in front of me who told me she would show me to the bridge. I followed her to a wooden bridge which stretched over to an island. We crossed it to the island which seemed to be raised high above the water level with what looked like roots connecting it to the water. Walking onto the island I noticed my mum was getting fainter, more translucent. She said not to worry about that, she was still here. The island looked like a scene from a fairy tale, lots of weird looking palaces and castles. We made our way to one of the palaces and as we did so everything around me became blue, even the grass. We went through the main gate and into the palace and a room that was filled with people who all looked at me and seemed interested that I was there. Then we went up some stairs and entered another room where I saw three German Shepard dogs that I used to own and they greeted me excitedly. Then I noticed an old lady in a chair and when she looked up I recognised her as my grandmother and also in the room I saw my other grandmother. They told me how pleased they were with the development work we were doing and to keep at it as there’s much more to come and eventually they would be able to communicate at our circles. They went on to say lots of reassuring words then as the music finished I said goodbye and decided to just think myself back to my side…

Again quite a few similarities between our two visualisations including sliding down slopes, translucent people, promise of communication and we’d both imagined ourselves back.

I put the music back on…

Liz got a sudden smell of apples.

I was seeing white wispy bits floating around the room and then bright blobs coming and going in front of me.
Liz saw little needles or elements of light.
I felt tightness in the centre of my forehead.
It seemed to me to now be bright everywhere with flickers round the room.

Liz saw outlines of what looked like walls in the room, upright structures.
She had the sensation of undulating shadowy shapes streaming past.
Then she saw ‘bar codes’ of light and geometrical structures.
I now saw what looked like flickering flames dancing round the room.

We experimented by closing our eyes and found that it dimmed the phenomena but we could still see it.

The recorder picked up a swishing noise…


Then I heard a noise like someone tut-tutting near where the recorder sits but it wasn’t picked up on the recording and Liz didn’t hear it at the time either.

Liz kept getting the name ‘Hodges’

I heard another noise but again nothing was recorded.

Liz was getting very hot.

I heard some clicks to my right but nothing on recording.

Liz was now very cold.

I saw two fleeting flashes either side of where Liz was sitting.

We were both dropping off for periods of time. Afterwards we could only recall hearing some of the tunes on the CD.

Liz was still getting the name ‘Hodges’

A thump came out on the recording. I think this was during a period when we were both out of it.


The music ended.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise…