This group began sitting in July 2013 as an experiment using the 'Basic Guide' published by the 'Scole Experimental Group' in 1996.

We've changed the way we sit over the years. I am continuing to develop trance mediumship and Liz gives a mixture of evidential clairvoyance, inspired speaking and trance...

Our intentions are to receive information that will help us understand the bigger picture, why we are here, what happens when we die, the mechanics of mediumship and how we can help in raising the quality of consciousness...

...Nick Pettitt

23rd Sitting 13/02/2014


We had the room set up as usual and started with the Rainbow Bridge Exercise at 8.30pm.

Liz began with a small brown river. She had lots of children with her and got the feeling she was a child as well. They were all dipping their bare feet in the water. The bridge was small and made of concrete, convex curved with a soft asphalt covering. Liz took the children over the bridge. The other side wasn’t like an earthly landscape it was rainbow like with purples and strange colours. It looked like a beautiful fairy tale with fairies and other children there. Liz met a tall lady with blonde hair in a plat wrapped in a coil round her head. She was like a nurse maid and took the children off Liz. Behind her was the person Liz felt she had come to see dressed in a wizard’s hat and cloak. When Liz saw his face she realized it was her dad making her feel warm with emotion. He took her to a wooden cabin where he removed his hat and cloak saying he didn’t need them, they were just for the children. He said he was there with the rest of Liz’s family. He gave her permission to do this work for spirit he knew it was good and was all in favour of it now; he wanted Liz to carry on. When on this side he would never have considered the subject, it was very taboo then. He said that all the children in Liz’s family come to visit him there and he pretends to be a wizard.
Liz could hear the music coming to an end and had to run back…

I started off on a bank with no grass, just smooth brown mud with cracks in it like it had been sun-baked. I had bare feet and could feel the heat in it. I climbed up rough wooden steps to get onto the bridge and I was worried about getting slinters in my feet. The bridge was made of concrete and was very long with lots of arches supporting it like a viaduct. As I walked across, the surface beneath my feet became smoother and slowly changed into smooth marble. It looked grey and mottled but as I went further it changed to pure white. I then saw the other side was all white including the people who had white robes on. Then they removed their robes to reveal rainbow coloured clothes and the whole scene changed to a kind of rainbow land, full of colour. There was what looked like kites trailing rainbow coloured strands of ribbon darting around in the sky and lots of twinkling things like fairies were floating down.   
I realized the music was about to end so ran back to my side…

We noticed quite a few similarities between our two visualisations when we talked about them afterwards.

I did the opening prayer and put the music back on.

I had a pressure on my forehead and tightness around my chest.
Liz could feel entities crowding into the room.
The energy of the room felt strong to both of us.

Liz was aware of shimmering forms in the dark over and in front of the table.
I saw them as well but mainly to each side of me. Some were darting across my vision from side to side.
Liz described them as like silk and I concurred.
To me they looked like strands of silk hanging down and dancing around like flames. Then the atmosphere changed to misty vertical waves.

Liz got the impression of a horizontal rainbow stretching across the room.
She saw fleeting dim torch lights.
I was now seeing horizontal waves.

I saw a yellowish mist close to my eyes.
Liz felt a pricking sensation on her left eye.
I felt touches on my right foot and the right side of my head.
I was very cold down my right side.
Then I got a pricking sensation on my left eye.

Liz saw a mist building up in the room.
Then she saw what she described as a round wheel with a very crenulated edge, like a flower design. She could only see the left half of it. It was a bit like a doily but she felt it was made of stone.
She then perceived arches in the room, like cloisters.

I was seeing steaks of light coming and going like shooting stars.
I felt a vibration under my right foot.
The room was looking very misty to me.
I was seeing a few flashes in front of my eyes.

I felt something in my ear.
My legs and the top of my head were cold.
Liz felt very cold all over.
She got the name ‘Carol’

I felt two thuds on the floor with my right foot but didn’t hear anything.
I saw dim torch lights to my right.
I felt a fuzzy feeling on my cheek bones and the backs of my hands. Also a fuzzy feeling pressing down on the top of my head which felt like it was going into my scull.
There was a tickle on my left arm which felt like something under my sleeve.

We started our Cross Experiment as the American Indian tune came on.
We both decided to relax, do nothing and let the cross come to us.

Liz didn’t get anything except right at the end an upright, solid 4x4 stake going right through the middle of the room.

I saw a small golden cross at the beginning leaning to one side. It was pulsating with light coming out of it and the light eventually filled my vision, obscuring the cross. It was dazzling making me close my eyes then I briefly saw a black cross silhouetted against the light.

The room soon returned to darkness after our experiment.
I felt something in my hair.
I heard a slurp type noise to my right but Liz didn’t hear it.

During the last two tunes I drifted off and saw a row of black and white photos and drawings of people in a semi-circle around me. One stood out and the face looked animated. I saw it was my granddad smiling at me.

We were both feeling very cold at the end when the tunes ended.

Liz did the healing exercise, closing prayer and our closing down exercise.